The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Talk about anything and everything here.
SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Re: SMDH.

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

zazthespaz wrote:I know it’s no surprise but Mark is the coolest guy. Off air he mentioned he’s a big fan of Brandon Sanderson (naturally I texted Andy) so I asked him about it and he suggested I read Mistborn. I asked him if he read the Dark Tower series and Eric piped in and said Mark’s a fan of it and Mark said he’s on the last book but too busy writing his to finish. So I get a chance to talk with the guy who inspired me to play guitar and we talked books :lol
Zaz did you even remember to mention the crazy Shea guy? :lol

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Re: The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Post by Fish Tacos »

So apparently Napalm is Hoobastank's label too. They have 2 singles on there for an upcoming album - I got a little excited to check them out since I liked their old stuff even if I never listen to it anymore. I was super disappointed, it doesn't even sound like the same band anymore.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: “oh you know Shea? Oh look at that we gotta leave...”

Post by zazthespaz »

Andy92 wrote:
zazthespaz wrote:I know it’s no surprise but Mark is the coolest guy. Off air he mentioned he’s a big fan of Brandon Sanderson (naturally I texted Andy) so I asked him about it and he suggested I read Mistborn. I asked him if he read the Dark Tower series and Eric piped in and said Mark’s a fan of it and Mark said he’s on the last book but too busy writing his to finish. So I get a chance to talk with the guy who inspired me to play guitar and we talked books :lol
Hopefully this gets you to read his stuff since I never could.
Probably, but I’ll give you most of the credit!
SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:
You told me not to! Plus, I didn’t want him to think I was crazy too in case he did know who you were! :lol
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Re: “what about the performa-” "Just let the audience know it was cut short and it's all Shea's fault! Sorry I gotta run

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

zazthespaz wrote:
Andy92 wrote:
Hopefully this gets you to read his stuff since I never could.
Probably, but I’ll give you most of the credit!
SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:
You told me not to! Plus, I didn’t want him to think I was crazy too in case he did know who you were! :lol
:lol Oh yeah right! That's probably for the best!

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Is AB going to follow suit as well? Go all Maroon 5 and Imagine Dragons on us? :shifty

Post by anguyen92 »

Fish Tacos wrote:So apparently Napalm is Hoobastank's label too. They have 2 singles on there for an upcoming album - I got a little excited to check them out since I liked their old stuff even if I never listen to it anymore. I was super disappointed, it doesn't even sound like the same band anymore.
So do I have to add Hoobastank to that list of bands of our youth that used to rock, but don't rock anymore? For bloody sakes. It's a huge epidemic. I get the whole thing where bands have to change their sound in order to keep themselves interesting, but when everyone is pretty doing the same exact thing like Shinedown and the rest, it doesn't really become unique anymore, right?

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Fish Tacos wrote:So apparently Napalm is Hoobastank's label too. They have 2 singles on there for an upcoming album - I got a little excited to check them out since I liked their old stuff even if I never listen to it anymore. I was super disappointed, it doesn't even sound like the same band anymore.
Oh man that takes me back. I got my first guitar because it looked kinda like the Custom 24 in the Crawling in the Dark vid :lol
For all of the hope that it brings...

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

Let me know what you guys think. For me it's actually kinda bad. I reached the end of the song with no recollection of the tune at all. People are saying it was made with the Maroon 5 producer which is why it sounds so different. The comments under the video don't seem to like it much either : \

I will be listening to some of their old stuff on the car ride to work tomorrow now though! :D

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Fish Tacos wrote:Let me know what you guys think. For me it's actually kinda bad. I reached the end of the song with no recollection of the tune at all. People are saying it was made with the Maroon 5 producer which is why it sounds so different. The comments under the video don't seem to like it much either : \

I will be listening to some of their old stuff on the car ride to work tomorrow now though! :D
I made it 52 seconds in before stopping.

:smashcomp

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit, it's the only way to be sure.
For all of the hope that it brings...

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Fuck that was terribad, RIP Hoobastank

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Going to see Deadpool 2 tonight! :peace :rockon

AHart96
Rise Today

Post by AHart96 »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:Going to see Deadpool 2 tonight! :peace :rockon
Same! Doing an Infinity War/Deadpool 2 double-feature on my day off, should be a great time. Can’t wait :peace
Rock Never Dies

Thanks for the sig Don Harry!

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

I'm an idiot and quoted myself instead of editing this post
Last edited by Fish Tacos on Thu May 17, 2018 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

Fish Tacos wrote:That sounds like a blast. Plan ahead with snacks! I'm hitting up a brazillian steakhouse with the gouchos that walk around and carve meat for you before seeing DP 2 tomorrow :D

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Moral of the story: don’t leave your drink on the ground

Post by zazthespaz »

At the Myles show tonight, some guy and his girlfriend kept backing up close to me to the extent my hand kept brushing the guy’s ass. Rather than look like a pervert and stand my ground, I moved over a few feet to the right where the view was actually better. I’m doing so, I knocked over a drink someone left on the floor and it audibly made a splashing sound. The guy turned around, looked at me, said “everything alright?” I tried to say I knocked over a drink but I don’t think he heard me and assumed I just puked all over the floor right behind him. He quickly ushered his girlfriend away while saying something about “fucking disgusting” and I just stood in my now wide open space enjoying the show while keeping an eye on him to make sure he wasn’t going to start a fight :lol
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Who leaves their drink on the floor in a GA standing area (I’m assuming)?

Worked out better for you though. :lol
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

I used to just sing loudly and off-key in their ears.

Post by gbruin »

Note to self: spill drink in puke-sounding fashion to clear annoying posers from standing GA pit area.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Try to splash some on their legs

Post by zazthespaz »

gbruin wrote:Note to self: spill drink in puke-sounding fashion to clear annoying posers from standing GA pit area.
Make sure it has ice in it for extra effect. I think that was the selling point.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

At one of the Orlando shows it had been hours and I really needed to pee. AB was next up but I didn't want to give up my spot in the House of Blues. I strooooooongly considered trying to piss in a red solo cup with how densely packed it was. I'm pretty sure someone else already had and left the full cup on a railing.

So the moral of the story is, maybe you knocked over the loo.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

I always wondered how people would react if you'd pee in a cup during a show. I also always wondered about Bob's device to pee in public. Was it real? Was Bob real?
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.