The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Talk about anything and everything here.
Micky
On The Rail

Re: The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Post by Micky »

I'm sitting at bathroom duty in school and I have to physically scan a student's ID everytime they use the bathroom and it just feels like an overly complicated way to track students.
Thanks Andy!

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Don't be idiots because the internet tells you to, kids.

Post by gbruin »

Is some of that related to the recent viral trend about trashing school bathrooms? It's ludicrous that that's a thing, but hello 2021.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

Micky
On The Rail

ITS NOT EVEN SOAP!

Post by Micky »

gbruin wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 2:23 am Is some of that related to the recent viral trend about trashing school bathrooms? It's ludicrous that that's a thing, but hello 2021.
Yeah, apparently it's a TikTok challenge, but someone in our school took it too far, ripping the soap dispenser off the wall and actually putting a turd inside of it.

The scanning of ID badges was going to be put in place regardless for security purposes so that way we know where students are at all times (I think it's a bit excessive, myself) but this just solidified it as a need. Parents aren't happy, but I doubt they'd be happy to know that their precious Johnny literally committed biological terrorism by shoving a turd in the soap dispenser or wasted their precious tax dollars destroying the bathroom.
Thanks Andy!

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Wow. This is an interesting spot for me. The Halestorm/Evanescence tour has three seats in the section highlighted on the cheap where the next nearest ticket in that section is listed at $122.00. Should I make a big flip for it? I do want to go to this show on the cheap and try relist the other two tickets to recoup some money I've spent on concerts.

Edit: I did it anyway. I do it for the pain and the chance to hit gold. Still, Youtube Theater this place is called..... As far as sponsor names go, eeeeeeeeeeee.

Edit x 2: And I was able to sell a Brad Paisley ticket on Stubhub and got $25.00. Good, I spent $20.00 on the ticket. I'm pretty pleased. Spent about $69.00 on three Brad Paisley tickets and one Lynyrd Skynyrd ticket and sold a ticket to get $25.00 back. Now if only I had a cowboy hat to celebrate.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

All right at Fivepoint Amphitheater for the final time for this year for Brad Paisley. Sold my other spare ticket on Stubhub so I’m seeing this show virtually for free.

Micky
On The Rail

Post by Micky »

I've been student teaching since September 1st and tomorrow, October 12th I teach my very first lesson. I'm nervous/excited because my supervisor from college is coming to watch as well as the head of the English department(I didn't invite him!!!).
Thanks Andy!

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

Micky wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:53 am I've been student teaching since September 1st and tomorrow, October 12th I teach my very first lesson. I'm nervous/excited because my supervisor from college is coming to watch as well as the head of the English department(I didn't invite him!!!).
Is it your teacher apprenticeship/training? You study English?
That was me a few years ago, in 2014 and remember being pretty apprehensive as well :D Good luck mate, it's gonna get only better from here!
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

gbruin
MEGLADONG

And is it real English or that weird British jabber?

Post by gbruin »

Micky wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:53 am I've been student teaching since September 1st and tomorrow, October 12th I teach my very first lesson. I'm nervous/excited because my supervisor from college is coming to watch as well as the head of the English department(I didn't invite him!!!).
Very cool! Are you teaching more language or literature? What's the lesson cover?

Micky
On The Rail

I don't even engrish

Post by Micky »

Dolo wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:17 am
Is it your teacher apprenticeship/training? You study English?
That was me a few years ago, in 2014 and remember being pretty apprehensive as well :D Good luck mate, it's gonna get only better from here!
Yeah brother, it's apprenticeship! I majored in English Lit for my Bachelor's and am going for my Master's in English Education! Thanks!
gbruin wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:49 pm Very cool! Are you teaching more language or literature? What's the lesson cover?
The lesson covers heroism as we have been talking about it for about a week now but I am asking them to differentiate in between the types of heroes in a poem "Courage" by Anne Sexton versus the hero of Beowulf, which they just read.
Thanks Andy!

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Extra credit if they work in The Last Hero in the discussion

Post by gbruin »

Very interesting. I just googled that poem and read it. Sounds like a cool topic. Good luck with the class!

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

At the Observatory in Santa Ana for Walk the Moon. First standing room GA only show in 2021.

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

About to meet a candidate for a new drummer for our band in just over an hour. What questions should I ask her?
I'm in love with somebody...
Found someone who completes me...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Ask her if she knows how to play the drums, thats usually a good place to start...

Also, I just did a quick google and here's 5 questions already at the top of the search results.
1. How long have you been a drummer? (Reveals experience as a Drummer.)
2. Do you play any other instruments? (Reveals experience with other musical instruments.)
3. Do you have any experience with musical composition? (Reveals ability to compose music.)
4. How well do you manage with improvisation? (Demonstrates ability to improvise.)
5. Who are your top 5 favorite drummers and why? (Reveals candidate's knowledge of the industry and his or her influences.)

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:20 am Ask her if she knows how to play the drums, thats usually a good place to start...

Also, I just did a quick google and here's 5 questions already at the top of the search results.
1. How long have you been a drummer? (Reveals experience as a Drummer.)
2. Do you play any other instruments? (Reveals experience with other musical instruments.)
3. Do you have any experience with musical composition? (Reveals ability to compose music.)
4. How well do you manage with improvisation? (Demonstrates ability to improvise.)
5. Who are your top 5 favorite drummers and why? (Reveals candidate's knowledge of the industry and his or her influences.)
I knew some of these from chatting with her before, but here's what else I learned about her.

0. Yes, she actually plays drums. :yes
1. 4 years.
2. Percussion instruments used in marching band.
3. Nope, she just plays.
4. It usually takes her time to pick apart the drums in a song.
5. Didn't ask. It's an unfair question because I don't think I would be able to name my top five drummers!
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I can't believe it. Two months from now. I'll be back in San Francisco for two Metallica shows. Would have a lot more free time there than I did in 2020 when I saw AB in that four show trip before the shut-down. I'm going to need to find other things to do and eat in San Francisco.

If only, there was a Sharks game in San Jose that weekend. I wouldn't mind making the trip and would love nothing more than to jeer at the Sharks even if I'm paying them to see the game.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

I do love the Sharks hate, too. That is good.

Post by gbruin »

Kev, Take the ferry across to Tiburon and have brunch/lunch at Sam's. It's a must do for me whenever I'm there.

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

anguyen92 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:38 pm I can't believe it. Two months from now. I'll be back in San Francisco for two Metallica shows. Would have a lot more free time there than I did in 2020 when I saw AB in that four show trip before the shut-down. I'm going to need to find other things to do and eat in San Francisco.

If only, there was a Sharks game in San Jose that weekend. I wouldn't mind making the trip and would love nothing more than to jeer at the Sharks even if I'm paying them to see the game.
I wish I could see Metallica again sometime soon. When I was leaving Louder Than Life (second night), I was thinking to myself, "I want to see them live again." Because I felt kinda disappointed that they didn't play my favorite (For Whom The Bell Tolls), my dad's favorite (Whiskey In The Jar), or some of their other big songs (Battery, Master Of Puppets, etc.)
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

^^ It looks like they played those songs on the Friday of the festival while they spent the Sunday celebrating the 30th anniversary of the Black album by playing it in full.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/metallic ... db47e.html

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Whiskey in the Jar is such a typical dad-favorite, lol.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Shea's dad and I are two musical peas in a pod.

Post by zazthespaz »

Timotheus wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:21 am Whiskey in the Jar is such a typical dad-favorite, lol.
Shea, is this true?
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says