The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Talk about anything and everything here.
TayUmSwift
Brand New Start

Re: The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Post by TayUmSwift »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:09 pm
TayUmSwift wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:06 pm
SHEAKENBAKEN wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:02 pm
TayUmSwift wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:55 pm
SHEAKENBAKEN wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:53 pm
TayUmSwift wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:51 pmThat's kinda sus.

You just ejected yourself, you dumbass.

no dumbass, thats you being ejected because you're the one calling the emergency meeting and the dude getting ejected is the same color :rolleyes ;)

Fake news. I'mma sue you.

You got ejected, not me. I'm an innocent bean ;).
I'll counter-sue!

you're the guiltiest bean of all guilty beans ;)
You can counter-sue my ass. I already won.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

TayUmSwift wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:11 pm
TayUmSwift wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:51 pmThat's kinda sus.

no dumbass, thats you being ejected because you're the one calling the emergency meeting and the dude getting ejected is the same color :rolleyes ;)

I'll counter-sue!

You didn't win shit :lol

TayUmSwift
Brand New Start

Post by TayUmSwift »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:12 pm
TayUmSwift wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:11 pm

I'll counter-sue!

You didn't win shit :lol
I did Cuban Pete. I won.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Never mind me...carry on

Post by gbruin »

I feel bad posting in the middle of this just to say I have no idea what is going on here.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

TayUmSwift
Brand New Start

Re: Never mind me...carry on

Post by TayUmSwift »

gbruin wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:18 pm I feel bad posting in the middle of this just to say I have no idea what is going on here.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

All right, I almost thought about pulling the trigger on getting a HelloFresh subscription, but thankfully, they have a section where they have the recipes without needing to pay so I might as well just get the ingredients (for roughly the same prices had I got the subscription with the discounts) myself and go from there. Now if only I'm not lazy and get my hands working in doing the cooking prep.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Only difference is that it doesn't taste like a bodega floor.

Post by zazthespaz »

Oh, well that makes it a little easier then.

And if you come across something with a stupid name like "Persian Cucumber," and can't find it in the store, just buy a regular cucumber, you'll never tell the difference.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Re: Only difference is that it doesn't taste like a bodega floor.

Post by anguyen92 »

zazthespaz wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:47 pm Oh, well that makes it a little easier then.

And if you come across something with a stupid name like "Persian Cucumber," and can't find it in the store, just buy a regular cucumber, you'll never tell the difference.
They have mentioned in some of the recipes that needs "Tuscan heat spice." After digging around google, I can probably substitute it for the "McCormick Tuscan Chicken Skillet Seasoning Mix - 0.87oz" that I can probably find in Target and the likes.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I might have made the stupidest purchase of my life for a lot of reasons, but I got a two-day pass to see Metallica's 40th anniversary shows in San Francisco. Costed me $273.00 for a front row seat in the upper sections. I regret nothing.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Had to go to the office for the first time in 1.5 years. It was awful, there were people.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MaraCarr »

anguyen92 wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:02 pm I might have made the stupidest purchase of my life for a lot of reasons, but I got a two-day pass to see Metallica's 40th anniversary shows in San Francisco. Costed me $273.00 for a front row seat in the upper sections. I regret nothing.
Awesome! Well so you don’t feel alone. I paid $679.00 for a VIP ticket to “Louder than Life”. I’m hoping it’s better than General Admission. If not I’m going to be the most violent one in every mosh pit!

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Let the suck ensue

Post by gbruin »

I get to work the next 3 overnight shifts. Plus my scribe that helps with charting tested positive for covid and won't be there.

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: Let the suck ensue

Post by MaraCarr »

gbruin wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:38 pm I get to work the next 3 overnight shifts. Plus my scribe that helps with charting tested positive for covid and won't be there.

Oh no!!! Well I would volunteer to be your scribe if they didn’t have me on the schedule for another 16 hour shift! :(

I hope they get you some help!

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

MaraCarr wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:31 pm
anguyen92 wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:02 pm I might have made the stupidest purchase of my life for a lot of reasons, but I got a two-day pass to see Metallica's 40th anniversary shows in San Francisco. Costed me $273.00 for a front row seat in the upper sections. I regret nothing.
Awesome! Well so you don’t feel alone. I paid $679.00 for a VIP ticket to “Louder than Life”. I’m hoping it’s better than General Admission. If not I’m going to be the most violent one in every mosh pit!
I contemplated doing Louder Than Life. There's a standard GA pass on Stubhub that's selling for $160.00 for all four days. Great value for a four day festival. Problem is finding a good price for flight and board. Flying and staying in the area in Louisville is pretty darn expensive (would cost $1200.00 for the flight and the four night stay as oppose to like $400.00 for the flight and three nights in San Fran) especially when all the nearby hotels at a good rate is probably already booked at this point. Also, public transportation in Louisville doesn't look like it would as efficient as public transportation in San Francisco.

Sure, I only get to see one band for two nights, but it's like, when would the next perfect window be to see a Metallica headlining show? They don't come to SoCal often nowadays and they are getting up there in age. I would like to see one of their headlining show at least once and here I am getting the chance to do that twice.

Now if only Myles can schedule a west coast run of solo shows.

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MaraCarr »

anguyen92 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:44 am
MaraCarr wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:31 pm
I contemplated doing Louder Than Life. There's a standard GA pass on Stubhub that's selling for $160.00 for all four days. Great value for a four day festival. Problem is finding a good price for flight and board. Flying and staying in the area in Louisville is pretty darn expensive (would cost $1200.00 for the flight and the four night stay as oppose to like $400.00 for the flight and three nights in San Fran) especially when all the nearby hotels at a good rate is probably already booked at this point. Also, public transportation in Louisville doesn't look like it would as efficient as public transportation in San Francisco.

Sure, I only get to see one band for two nights, but it's like, when would the next perfect window be to see a Metallica headlining show? They don't come to SoCal often nowadays and they are getting up there in age. I would like to see one of their headlining show at least once and here I am getting the chance to do that twice.

Now if only Myles can schedule a west coast run of solo shows.
If you want to go to LTL I already have a room and I’m driving there. You are welcomed to bunk with me and if you are in my path I will pick you up! We will not sleep much just shower and nap. I have another friend joining me on Friday that is a photographer. She is bringing some awesome equipment. We are on a mission to get the best concert photos ever!

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I greatly appreciate the offer, Mara, but I think logistically, at this point, it may be too much of a headache to get time off with a week's notice and, honestly, I don't have the stamina nowadays to last four days standing all day. On the fourth show of the West Coast AB trip back in 2020, my feet really tapped out where I couldn't really do anything for like 12 hours the next day. I'm content on the Metallica shows in San Francisco and hopefully, I can do more stuff in the city than I did the first time I was there for AB.

In any case, enjoy the trip. Lots of great bands and hope you get great photos.

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MaraCarr »

anguyen92 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:01 pm I greatly appreciate the offer, Mara, but I think logistically, at this point, it may be too much of a headache to get time off with a week's notice and, honestly, I don't have the stamina nowadays to last four days standing all day. On the fourth show of the West Coast AB trip back in 2020, my feet really tapped out where I couldn't really do anything for like 12 hours the next day. I'm content on the Metallica shows in San Francisco and hopefully, I can do more stuff in the city than I did the first time I was there for AB.

In any case, enjoy the trip. Lots of great bands and hope you get great photos.
You are very welcome! I will be sharing our concert pictures when it’s over. Will provide a link. A patient of mine recently inspired me to do this. She sold her photos to “Metal Edge” back in the 80’s and early 90’s. She won awards for her work and has pics with Bon Jovi, Winger, Cinderella, Skid Row, GnR just to name a few. She met a lot of great musicians. Her pictures are amazing. So now she is on dialysis 3 times a week and is in a wheelchair. She asked me to be her eyes and ears and send her our concert photos. I am honored to do this! It will be a fun project!

I understand about problems standing. I have Sciatica and it’s excruciating… but recently went to a chiropractor. She fixed me. My pelvis was twisted due to past trauma. She fixed it and lately the pain has almost completely disappeared!

The offer stands if you change your mind! :) I’m sure your experience will be awesome. Hope you share it here!

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MaraCarr »

Rough night!!!

:)
Last edited by MaraCarr on Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

I want my copy autographed

Post by gbruin »

^^ More stories for the book, MC

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: I want my copy autographed

Post by MaraCarr »

gbruin wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:13 am ^^ More stories for the book, MC