The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Talk about anything and everything here.
anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Re: The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Post by anguyen92 »

Hey guys, I have a bit of an issue. So Windows decides to do an update on my computer (running Windows 10 here) a few days ago and since then, I have been having issues where my cursor is not interacting with anything. Then it looks like my desktop is non-responsive to anything I attempted to do. When I attempted to restart, the login time is way longer than expected. Plus, I think this update had affected my internet connection as I needed to unplug and replug my cable to get things going again. I managed to get a systems restore to before this update and it looks fine, but I'm concern that Windows want to push for this upgrade and try to install it and then the headaches happen again (and it already did that once). Does anyone have any helpful tips or suggestions I can do?

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Updates are like girlfriends. There will always be others.

Post by gbruin »

Yes. Do not reinstall the update.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Do the opposite of what he says. Exercise? No. Drinking? No. Sex? No.

Post by zazthespaz »

gbruin wrote:Yes. Do not reinstall the update.
Says the man practicing medicine without a PhD.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Re: Do the opposite of what he says. Exercise? No. Drinking? No. Sex? No.

Post by anguyen92 »

zazthespaz wrote:
gbruin wrote:Yes. Do not reinstall the update.
Says the man practicing medicine without a PhD.
Well, good news, Zaz. I don't do any of the three you listed. That stated, I'm going to do a systems restore and turn off automatic updates as I think the problem is due to the fact that I had a particular anti-virus program installed and this update + this program installed = computer having horrible unresponsive issues.

Edit: Ok, an update. I couldn't get the system restore out for some reason, but the good news is that I was able to uninstall that update and disable windows update, and I think it's running smoothly so I'm good for now until I get a better grasp of what I need to do in the long run.

Macca
Greg

Post by Macca »

anguyen92 wrote:Hey guys, I have a bit of an issue. So Windows decides to do an update on my computer (running Windows 10 here) a few days ago and since then, I have been having issues where my cursor is not interacting with anything. Then it looks like my desktop is non-responsive to anything I attempted to do. When I attempted to restart, the login time is way longer than expected. Plus, I think this update had affected my internet connection as I needed to unplug and replug my cable to get things going again. I managed to get a systems restore to before this update and it looks fine, but I'm concern that Windows want to push for this upgrade and try to install it and then the headaches happen again (and it already did that once). Does anyone have any helpful tips or suggestions I can do?
You need to delete system 32 and this will prevent Windows from pushing for the update. Let me know if this fixes your problem.

Regards
AllC392Was wrote:How is Macca funny?

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

Just bought Tix for Slash and Myles headlining the KSHE Hog Roast in August. Pretty excited. Blue Oyster Cult, Ratt and several others.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Who's "Macca"?

Post by zazthespaz »

Macca wrote:
anguyen92 wrote:Hey guys, I have a bit of an issue. So Windows decides to do an update on my computer (running Windows 10 here) a few days ago and since then, I have been having issues where my cursor is not interacting with anything. Then it looks like my desktop is non-responsive to anything I attempted to do. When I attempted to restart, the login time is way longer than expected. Plus, I think this update had affected my internet connection as I needed to unplug and replug my cable to get things going again. I managed to get a systems restore to before this update and it looks fine, but I'm concern that Windows want to push for this upgrade and try to install it and then the headaches happen again (and it already did that once). Does anyone have any helpful tips or suggestions I can do?
You need to delete system 32 and this will prevent Windows from pushing for the update. Let me know if this fixes your problem.

Regards
I hope he didn't do this :lol
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I said everything was fine now, Zaz. At this point, I don't need to do anything. That delete system 32 never helps anything.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Just system 33

Post by zazthespaz »

anguyen92 wrote:That delete system 32 never helps anything.
Have you done it before...? :headscratch
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

I just bought a Tesla at like 11 PM last night and I'm so excited for it that Ive been watching Youtube videos about it ever since. Now it's 6 AM.

I'm a Tesla owner. My life is complete.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Get some solar panels on the house and drive for free. Almost...

Post by gbruin »

AB23 wrote:I just bought a Tesla at like 11 PM last night and I'm so excited for it that Ive been watching Youtube videos about it ever since. Now it's 6 AM.

I'm a Tesla owner. My life is complete.
F'ing cool, C! Damn, that's a dream for me. Which one? Isn't the Model 3 still on a few month backorder?

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

Model 3 performance model. Idk if they're still on backorder, but they're delivering mine on May 2nd.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

#ChargingStationMaps

Post by gbruin »

That's great. It was taking a few months to get one for quite a while after they came out, so a week or so is fantastic. Enjoy.

Lotha
Colloquial

Post by Lotha »

The future of this community is on Discord.
Photobucket is responsible for my lack of signature today.

TABN Discord: https://discord.gg/sGXRGZ

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Now how am I supposed to talk to Fish Tacos?

Post by zazthespaz »

Lotha wrote:The future of this community is on Discord.
Didn’t you close the one we opened? :lol
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Re: Now how are we supposed to talk to Fish Tacos (and other members)?

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

zazthespaz wrote:
Lotha wrote:The future of this community is on Discord.
Didn’t you close the one we opened? :lol
Because it was dead af in there.

Because you need fancy emojis to use on discord if you really want to stay relevant.....all those guitar faces Mark and Myles make are just waiting to be emoted.....

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I do not know what I got myself into for the next 4.5 months in terms of concerts. I planned 5 concerts in the year of 2018. I have that alone in the span of 5 weeks in late August/September. Here's my list below so far of upcoming shows. I think I'm mad for thinking that I can go see Breaking Benjamin, head to the airport for an early flight after the show, fly for four hours to Orlando, and then I lose another three hours due to time difference in the east coast, and make it to the AB listening party and be very focused and enthusiastic for every little thing about the listening party and set that this band deserves, which is everything. It's certainly something I want to endure and experience. Otherwise, what's the point of living life to the fullest?

Tedeschi Trucks Band - Orpheum Theatre, Los Angeles, CA - May 16th, 2019
Winery Dogs - The City National Grove of Anaheim, Anaheim, CA - May 30th, 2019.
Rob Thomas - Greek Theater, Los Angeles, CA - June 18th, 2019.
Mastodon and Coheed & Cambria - Greek Theater, Los Angeles, CA - June 29th, 2019
Shinedown with Badflower, Dinosaur Pile-Up, and Broken Hands opening - FivePoint Amphitheater, Irvine, CA - July 21st, 2019.
Zac Brown Band with Trombone Shorty opening - FivePoint Amphitheater, Irvine, CA - July 25th, 2019.
Lindsey Stirling with ZZ Ward - Pacific Amphitheater, Costa Mesa, CA - August 7th, 2019
Papa Roach with Asking Alexandria and Bad Wolves opening - Hollywood Palladium, Los Angeles, CA - August 31st, 2019
Skillet and Sevendust with Pop Evil and Devour the Day opening - Wiltern Theater, Los Angeles, CA - September 1st, 2019.
Iron Maiden with Fozzy and The Raven Age opening - Banc of California Stadium, Los Angeles, CA - September 14th, 2019
Breaking Benjamin with Chevelle and Three Days Grace (with Dorothy and Diamante opening) - FivePoint Amphitheater, Irvine, CA - September 16th, 2019.
Alter Bridge's 6th Album VIP Listening Party with a brief live set - Venue TBA - Orlando, FL - September 17th, 2019

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

So I met a girl today, and now I’m going to see I Prevail tomorrow. Yay?

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

That's great. You seeing I Prevail with her or something? It's nice to find some common ground to get the conversation going.

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

anguyen92 wrote:That's great. You seeing I Prevail with her or something? It's nice to find some common ground to get the conversation going.
Seeing them with her, yes. She had another ticket.