The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Talk about anything and everything here.
One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Re: The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Post by One Drew Remains »

Posted a vid of me playing Wonderful Life on the new PRS in the musician section. A couple of mistakes, but it was a one take deal. Enjoy.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Guys, I'm trying to fill out the employee benefits thingamabob and I have no clue what's going on. Can anyone give some tips in terms of what the cost of this is out of my paycheck?

Say for instance, I'm looking at filling out medical benefits for an HMO and my deduction will be for $56.10. Does that mean $56.10 will come out of every paycheck?

Tigra
Isolated

Post by Tigra »

One Drew Remains wrote:Posted a vid of me playing Wonderful Life on the new PRS in the musician section.
Drew, I am deeply disappointed. How could you record a video in such darkness? I can’t see… you know…

The guitar! ;)

Being a simple listener I’m not able to assess your skills from the technical point of view but I liked it :>

Tigra
Isolated

Post by Tigra »

Last 3-4 weeks were so hectic at work, regular meetings, some public appearances and a lot of stress.
One day after the entire day at work I participated in an event for our customers and unexpectedly I had to so some sightseeing with them for one hour. In a salt mine. Through extraction galleries. In those stiletto heels. Holding my clutch bag in one hand and holding on whatever I could with the other. Can you feel my pain? (to make it clear, I am not addicted to it)
And this week I am sitting at the desk in front of the computer, typing, then typing and typing in between.
Just give me some freaking adrenaline!

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Guys, there's a thread out here that has one of these kinds of people once again that's making their presence.

They stated this......... Apparently, there's a robot looming the forum as well.

"Hello guys. Delicious Grace is a musical project I would like to introduce you to. They are just starting out. The composer is very influenced by Daft Punk.
I was, at the time, a successful robot respected at Harvard,
clean-cut, witty, and, in that inert culture, unusually creative.
Though I had attained the highest ambition of the young Amer-
ican intellectual, I was totally cut off from the body and senses.
My clothes had been obediently selected to fit the young pro-
fessional image. Even after one hundred drug sessions I rou-
tinely listened to pop music, drank martinis, ate what was put
before me."

viewtopic.php?p=194258

Tigra
Isolated

Post by Tigra »

I thought it was a bot...

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Gwen Stefani, Brad Pitt, Steve Buscemi...

Post by zazthespaz »

I loled at your post Tigra. That salt mine trip does not sound fun. Quite the adventure in those heels though.
I am out in Texas visiting my parents before Thanksgiving. Just spent a couple days in Big Bend National Park. Neat place, fun to walk around in. Saw a tarantula out in the wild which is kind of unnerving and he amount of stars you can see at night is incredible!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

AHart96
Rise Today

Post by AHart96 »

Just got the news that I’m definitely gonna be at NAMM in a few months, can’t wait! :rockon which means there’s a very good chance I’ll get to see the unveiling of Mark’s signature amp...interesting :humina
Rock Never Dies

Thanks for the sig Don Harry!

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

It's for sure coming out next year?
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

AHart96
Rise Today

Post by AHart96 »

One Drew Remains wrote:It's for sure coming out next year?
According to interviews with Mark, yes. They’re supposed to be announcing it at Winter NAMM, I’ll definitely ask him about it next week
Rock Never Dies

Thanks for the sig Don Harry!

gbruin
MEGLADONG

S. Y. M.!!!!!

Post by gbruin »

anguyen92 wrote:Guys, I'm trying to fill out the employee benefits thingamabob and I have no clue what's going on. Can anyone give some tips in terms of what the cost of this is out of my paycheck?

Say for instance, I'm looking at filling out medical benefits for an HMO and my deduction will be for $56.10. Does that mean $56.10 will come out of every paycheck?
Ah, welcome to the wonderful world of "benefits", meaning things your company "gives" you that you pay for somewhere along the line in some way.

Yes, that deduction comes out of your paycheck, though it may be monthly or bimonthly. It's always a good idea to meet with your Human Resources person to find out what all of these things mean. FICA, State tax, Social security, and employer benefits (medical, dental, various insurance options, etc). These are things that will be subtracted from your paycheck every time. Your pay stub should show your gross income (meaning how much money you made), then should subtract all the various deductions, and you'll be left with net income, meaning how of your money you actually get. The difference between the two is discouraging. That's life.

One critical benefit though is you should start a 401K. I would absolutely recommend that your come as close as possible to maximizing your contributions to a 401K. The number one thing I tell young people (no jokes, Tigra ;) ) when they are starting out in employment is SYM - Save. Your. Money. You may think you are too young or paychecks aren't big enough or whatever. Wrong. Save now. Save as much as you can. Even if it's $50/paycheck, do it. You can carry it over to new jobs, and many employers will meet/match your contributions. That's money that will make your life easier and more comfortable in 20-25 years. That may seem like forever from now, Angy,and it's hard to see long range when you are just finishing school. But when you get there, you will be so glad you've been saving since college and not racing to catch up or having to work longer than you want to. Set yourself up financially so you can work when and where you want to, and not because you have to.

Also, buy and never rent, find a tax adviser to help minimize tax liabilities, invest in your health, live modestly except for trips to see Alter Bridge - you can and should splurge on those.
Last edited by gbruin on Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Good thing I don't have a foot fetish...like zaz.

Post by gbruin »

Damn...double post.

Uh, nice heels, Tigra.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: i refuse to leave til I’m satisfied

Post by zazthespaz »

My Google alerts tell me someone mentioned feet.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Tigra
Isolated

Post by Tigra »

zaz, looking up the stars when walking by tarantulas doesn’t bode too well when it comes to your future, I must say…
And the salt mine actually was a lot of fun, especially for all those fancy-pancy gentlemen in sharp suits :lol I was just praying to all gods above (and below as well) that I don’t fall walking down 380 stairs in my narrow pencil skirt. Trying to look attractive hurts sometimes :facepalm

In the salt mine I learned that two Guiness records were broken there: in bungee-jumping and underground balloon flight. While it’s hard for me to understand the reason for jumping in a mine, the latter seems to me, well, a complete misunderstanding. What’s the point of going underground to fly a balloon???
gbruin wrote:no jokes, Tigra ;)
:X :X :X
But you need to know how hard it is for me to resist the temptation ;)
If you like the heels I may recommend a shop when you can buy a pair or two for yourself.

Tigra
Isolated

Post by Tigra »

Happy Thanksgiving, guys!

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: thankful for (most of) you!

Post by zazthespaz »

Happy Thanksgiving TABN!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Tigra
Isolated

Post by Tigra »

So have you finished already?

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: is this a trap?

Post by zazthespaz »

Tigra wrote:So have you finished already?
That’s what she said! (?) :headscratch
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Basting the turkey?
Altered:

Tigra
Isolated

Re: a hidden catch, some strings attached

Post by Tigra »

zaz, you must have sinned a lot since you’re so suspicious of everything. That was just a simple question: have you already finished your binge eating/compulsive overeating that inseparably comes with Thanksgiving*?

* we have no Thanksgiving but we practice the same during Christmas and Easter.