The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Talk about anything and everything here.
maximzub
On The Rail

Where's Crumbso and Dolo when you need them?

Post by maximzub »

Micky wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:26 pm okay, MAX! Sarcasm clearly isn't your strong suit.
I HATE sarcasm.
Micky wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:26 pm Second, a sock is disgusting? I guess you can use paper towels then.
Nice guessing! That's exactly what I use. Or, I just go to the bathroom and use the toilet.
Micky wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:26 pm Third, my "think, maximzub, think! Good dog!" is from a TV show. Boy, they're really failing in school these days, huh?
My "Think...it's not illegal yet" is a message on shirts that all three members of my family have.
Micky wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:26 pm Not sure how old you are, MAXAMILLION, but I can only assume you're like 16/17.
Good job again! I'm 17. Grace is 16 turning 17 in just a month.
Micky wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:26 pm Alright, while i admire you apologizing to your friend here, i think this is a bit much. Somewhat dramatic.
Grace and I are always dramatic with each other.
Micky wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:26 pm but it's not like you did something so offensive that you had to publicly apologize for it.
I do. We literally just made up after a fight.
Micky wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:26 pm And maybe try sex with Cam if you're into the nightmares thing
Way to go, Micky. Way to go. Now I'm gonna have nightmares about someone that I don't even know what he looks like. Thanks a lot for trying to ruin my straightness. Seriously. You're not gonna meet anyone straighter than me.
zazthespaz wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:23 pm *cracks knuckles*
Just be careful not to give yourself white knuckles. Sorry, I had to.
zazthespaz wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:23 pm A quick note apologizing and asking to meet up when she feels better would probably be better.
That would be on Thursday. We're almost guaranteed to see each other on Thursdays.
zazthespaz wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:23 pm don't start sentences with "but"
She does it all the time. I basically learn the texting techniques of whoever I'm texting the most at any given point in time.
zazthespaz wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:23 pm da fooq is up with the emotional pauses written out? Are high schoolers still emo?
Yes.
zazthespaz wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:23 pm I know that a lot of what I'm writing here is risky yup and could end up pushing you away if misunderstood. or just read, period I hope I'm not saying anything I will regret, I regret reading this because I have a tendency to do so. I am not justifying anything wrong that I did. true I hurt you instead of "hurt you" I would say "grossed you out beyond belief" a lot and I am so sorry. Let’s skip the part where we don’t talk for a month, don't think you're really in a position to be making this demand and move on from this. not your call Friends?
Not gonna lie, I just copy-pasted most of that part from an apology to Addison from three months ago.
zazthespaz wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:23 pm I feel like silence will be her choice
Well, it's worth asking. "That's all I got, say whatever you want" is basically what she said to me in her apology from two weeks ago.

I'm gonna run the apology by my parents because they know a lot better the context of my relationship with Grace. Not saying that I wouldn't have anyway. But I don't think this helped.
I'm in love with somebody...
Found someone who completes me...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Re: The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Post by Timotheus »

Oh, it was Anna/Addison where you used the alias.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

My mom doesn't even want to read the apology. She's mad at me for even thinking that I should apologize to Grace. She wants me to wait for Grace to say something, which isn't gonna help our friendship. Right?
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

Micky
On The Rail

A Silly Silly Hat On Little Ears

Post by Micky »

maximzub wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:14 pm My "Think...it's not illegal yet" is a message on shirts that all three members of my family have.
How in the hell would I know that? Honestly? Maybe you should follow the advice that shirt is giving.

Your mom doesn't want to read your apology? Probably because it reads like a mellow dramatic apology on a soap opera after you kissed Grace's evil twin sister.

Just text grace and say "Hey, what I said was stupid and I'm sorry. I'm an ass" and MOVE ON WITH LIFE. Holy crap.

I like your mom, I'm gonna send her a present for telling you to chill the hell out. You and Grace will be fine, but you need to learn how to talk to women. Try skillshare, I hear that place is great!
Thanks Andy!

maximzub
On The Rail

Re: A Silly Silly Hat On Little Ears

Post by maximzub »

Micky wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:14 pm
maximzub wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:14 pm My "Think...it's not illegal yet" is a message on shirts that all three members of my family have.
How in the hell would I know that? Honestly? Maybe you should follow the advice that shirt is giving.
I should.
Micky wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:14 pm Your mom doesn't want to read your apology? Probably because it reads like a mellow dramatic apology on a soap opera after you kissed Grace's evil twin sister.
She doesn't know. She thinks that any text I send her, or for that matter any move I make on her to try to keep contact, will just make everything worse.
Micky wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:14 pm Just text grace and say "Hey, what I said was stupid and I'm sorry. I'm an ass" and MOVE ON WITH LIFE. Holy crap.
Not enough because I've already been in the situation where I had to apologize to her, and a simple apology was not enough.
Micky wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:14 pm I like your mom, I'm gonna send her a present for telling you to chill the hell out. You and Grace will be fine, but you need to learn how to talk to women. Try skillshare, I hear that place is great!
She did NOT say chill out. She said forget about her and move on. Forget about my best friend. To be honest, she doesn't even know how good of friends we were. She's mostly seen the bad stuff we've gotten ourselves into. Like the time when Grace was ignoring everybody because of stuff that happened to her at school. My mom tried to convince me that I should take it personally, that Grace was ignoring me because she doesn't like me, and that I should stay away from her and wait for her to initiate.

Grace and I will not be fine if I just wait for things to blow over. I will try skillshare though. Maybe then I'll see what I can do with her. And with Addison for that matter. I gave her almost two months and I'll give her yet another before school starts. And? Nothing. I have to do something actively to get her back as a friend.

Max out.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Standing ovation

Post by gbruin »

zazthespaz wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:03 pm I put an ad on Craigslist yesterday for a keyboard, 30 minutes later someone sends me a text asking if the item was still available and wrote it in quotes (sketchy). I said yup and then he asked me if he could send me a code to verify who I am. I figure this guy's a scammer and double check the "verify" thing online and sure enough, it's a scammer technique. So I say sure, send me the code, and I've been dragging him along for a solid 28 hours now saying I don't get the code, sending him wrong ones, or just talking my way around it. I left him on read for 10 minutes, during which he kept asking if I got the code, so I responded that nature called and I had Mexican for dinner the night before. He didn't care. So then I asked him if he could do a pickup before 3pm because my granddaughter had a piano recital and he said sure. I then left him on read for a little bit and then "accidentally" sent him a photo of me and my granddaughter. I apologized I sent it to the wrong number but he was very complimentary and said "nice pick." I then Photoshopped a screenshot of the code, changing the code number and link address (almost forgot to change the link, could've been disastrous) and sent that to him. Kind of a waste of time, but I'm enjoying it and taking pride in the fact that I'm stealing time from him scamming someone more vulnerable!

Oh, also, in the course of our conversation, I've changed from selling a keyboard, to a bookshelf, to a dresser and called him 3 different names and he doesn't react :lol
I am standing up in front of my computer clapping for you. Fookin brilliant.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

maximzub
On The Rail

Kev, would you call this going well or not?

Post by maximzub »

Well, I apologized to Grace. I sent her exactly what I sent you guys, with one small tweak in the last paragraph. Changes are underlined.

"That’s all I got. Say whatever you want. Curse me all the way to the moon and back if you want to. Use your shin kickers on me. I probably deserve it. But, I’m sorry."

So, I got a response from her back.

GS: "Listen. I’m not mad at you directly. I’m mad that you told me you’d respect my boundaries and then didn’t. And I know you apologized for it but that isn’t enough anymore. This keeps happening and I’m tired of the stress and the avoiding and the awkwardness. I want to be comfortable with you, but to be honest, I’m not. I was when we first were friends but that went away after each time of arguing. And I haven’t messaged you because I haven’t known what to say. The whole thing about the dream threw me off and not in a good way. I was unsettled, uncomfortable, and genuinely frightened. I didn’t know how to react because well, I don’t feel for you that way. I don’t feel for anyone that way besides the people I personally know and possibly have feelings for. I’m not gonna cuss at you or anything like that, I just don’t know what to do anymore. I need some time to myself for now to figure this out."

The conversation continued like this:

MZ: "I'm sorry, Grace. I keep messing up. I'm a tough kid to deal with. I'm tired of the stress too and I really want to know what there is I can do to put a stop to it. I didn't want to frighten you. I just wanted to feel better myself because, I didn't know how comfortable I was going to feel next time we see each other. I promise, I have no interest in you romantically. I might see you tomorrow so, I don't know what I'm going to do. I promise, I am going to respect your boundaries in the future. If we can be clearer about them, that would be great."

GS: "Yes. I agree we can be clearer with them in the future. And if you’re going to be at Neighbor’s tomorrow, you won’t see me. As much as I’d like to go to Neighbor’s to see everyone, I don’t have a choice. It’s my parents decision."

MZ: "If I clear up this stuff with my parents, we were planning on going to Pig Iron tomorrow. Not Neighbor's. But, I'm in a mess with them too. Partly because they discovered what I told you, but also because they see that I'm refusing to change. I'm sorry I caught you in the middle of all that."

GS: "It's fine."

MZ: "It's not. You're not the first one. Look at me and Addison. As of right now, it seems like our relationship is headed that way. And I want to do everything so that it doesn't go downhill like that."

GS: "I don’t know what you want me to say."

MZ: "I don't have anything in mind."

MZ: "Well, actually I do. We desperately need to set strict boundaries and be completely honest with each other. We don't know what's going on in each other's heads."

And then when I realized our conversation was gonna end up exactly like the conversation that ended my friendship with Addison...

MZ: "Never mind. What am I even doing. Our conversation is going to end up exactly like this. <screenshot of said conversation> I should just smash my phone and stop worrying about this stuff."

A couple hours later when I cool down...

MZ: "Hey. I'm sorry. I overreacted. I skipped lunch, I'm in a complete mess with my parents, and I'm upset over all the stupid stuff I've done in the past. I'm not going to be taking it all out on you anymore. We cool with each other?"

Nothing so far. I'll keep you posted.

In the meantime one of our mutual friends says...

DG: "Just exercise and exemplary amount of patience by giving it a lot of time and giving her a wide berth until she's ready. Women are very delicate. It's always wise to let them decide their own timeliness for these sort of things. Pushing issues can often push them further out of reach. If you value her friendship you'll let it go, and check on her in the future after whatever has happened has had time to pass over."

Max out.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

TayUmSwift
Brand New Start

Post by TayUmSwift »

Wow, that's some nice fanfic you wrote there, Max.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

maximzub wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:04 pm "I was unsettled, uncomfortable, and genuinely frightened."
Dude...
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Timotheus wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:32 pm
maximzub wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:04 pm "I was unsettled, uncomfortable, and genuinely frightened."
Dude...
Really hoping it is all made up like Swifty says, but quite concerned it isn't.
For all of the hope that it brings...

Micky
On The Rail

Post by Micky »

Dude...
Max you may need professional help
Thanks Andy!

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

TayUmSwift wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:21 pm Wow, that's some nice fanfic you wrote there, Max.
Swifty, you have been following my case for only a few days.

I have been on The Alter Bridge Nation for 6 months. For 5+ months I have been turning to this thread for help with my problems. It started out with a crush on my friend. I used to call her Anna because I didn't want people to know my crush's name, but after a couple months, I started referring to her by her real name, Addison. Now, I'm trying to get help about my situation with Grace.

Do you think I would be putting so much time into asking the greats like Tim, Greg, Crumbso, and Dolo (Zaz is a maybe) for help on these things if everything was a lie? You are not in place to be assuming that everything I've been talking about is fake.
Ubik wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:41 pm
Dude...
Ubik, why do you always have to be the bystander that makes snarky comments like this?
Micky wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:46 pm
Dude...
Micky, I wasn't asking for professional help. I was just giving an update on my case. Grace and I will see each other tonight. I'll tell you what happens. But I know it's going to end in us giving each other space.

See you tomorrow.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

Micky
On The Rail

Post by Micky »

maximzub wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:46 am
TayUmSwift wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:21 pm Wow, that's some nice fanfic you wrote there, Max.

I have been on The Alter Bridge Nation for 6 months. For 5+ months I have been turning to this thread for help with my problems. It started out with a crush on my friend. I used to call her Anna because I didn't want people to know my crush's name, but after a couple months, I started referring to her by her real name, Addison. Now, I'm trying to get help about my situation with Grace.

Do you think I would be putting so much time into asking the greats like Tim, Greg, Crumbso, and Dolo (Zaz is a maybe) for help on these things if everything was a lie? You are not in place to be assuming that everything I've been talking about is fake.
Ubik wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:41 pm
Dude...
Ubik, why do you always have to be the bystander that makes snarky comments like this?
Micky wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:46 pm
Dude...
Micky, I wasn't asking for professional help. I was just giving an update on my case. Grace and I will see each other tonight. I'll tell you what happens. But I know it's going to end in us giving each other space.

See you tomorrow.
How the hell am I not one of the greats but DOLO is?! I’ve been here since before you were born!

You should write a soap opera, it’d be more believable at this point
Thanks Andy!

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

Micky wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:48 am How the hell am I not one of the greats but DOLO is?! I’ve been here since before you were born!

By the greats, I mean those that have been giving me advice since I started asking for it. You, like Swifty, have not been following my case. If you were to read through everything I've talked about in the Total Randomness Thread, you would understand, even just a little better.

If you want me to send screenshots of my conversations with Grace, I will gladly do so.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

TayUmSwift
Brand New Start

Post by TayUmSwift »

I've been following this weird ass case longer than you think, I can assure you that, but everything you say sounds like something out of a Romeo And Juliet play, these long ass speeches and your tendency to share *private conversations* between you and Grace. (To which I'm actually surprised you didn't share actual screenshots, but typed out the whole thing, which also makes me suspicious this is faker than me being Taylor Swift)

I'm half expecting to read one of your replies starting with

"O Grace, Grace, wherefore art thou Grace?"

In all honesty, you're making me feel bad for a person, who might not or exist.

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

TayUmSwift wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:00 pm

I've been following this weird ass case longer than you think, I can assure you that, but everything you say sounds like something out of a Romeo And Juliet play, these long ass speeches and your tendency to share *private conversations* between you and Grace. (To which I'm actually surprised you didn't share actual screenshots, but typed out the whole thing, which also makes me suspicious this is faker than me being Taylor Swift)

I'm half expecting to read one of your replies starting with

"O Grace, Grace, wherefore art thou Grace?"

In all honesty, you're making me feel bad for a person, who might not or exist.
It's not easy to share screenshots on this board, but I will find a way and do that for you. EDIT: Done. Micky, you can check them out too.
Last edited by maximzub on Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

Micky wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:48 am How the hell am I not one of the greats but DOLO is?! I’ve been here since before you were born!
:fingerwag
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Micky wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:48 am
How the hell am I not one of the greats but DOLO is?! I’ve been here since before you were born!

You're a god, not a great.
For all of the hope that it brings...

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Micky transcends greatness.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: #anyonebutMicky

Post by zazthespaz »