The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Talk about anything and everything here.
gbruin
MEGLADONG

Ride The Lightning ftw

Post by gbruin »

anguyen92 wrote:That's awesome. I'm glad there's a lot of traction in putting that Bernie Sanders image in album covers. We need some fun laughter back.
Here ya go...

https://loudwire.com/bernie-sanders-ina ... um-covers/
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: *just having fun with some light hearted BANter*

Post by zazthespaz »

ARE YOU HAPPY NOW SHEA?!?
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

so this is why the forums were broken

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

zazthespaz wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:32 pm ARE YOU HAPPY NOW SHEA?!?
:eek :lol

Is there an option to change it to a dark theme version with white font on dark grey background? :/

Maybe its just my laptop but the brightness on this theme hurts my eyes :lol :/ Maybe because I havent adjusted to it yet tho :lol :/

EDIT: Its much easier on the eyes on my phone :lol It must be just the brightness/screen of my laptop thats the issue :lol :/

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: ITS BACK! ITS REALLY BACK!

Post by zazthespaz »

Boards have been back for not even an hour and a half and I’m already dealing with spam :rolleyes
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Re: ITS BACK! ITS REALLY BACK!

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

zazthespaz wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:16 pm Boards have been back for not even an hour and a half and I’m already dealing with spam :rolleyes
Sorry, Cam my bad :lol ;)

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Re: The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Post by anguyen92 »

So. Can we have a shirt that says we survived the Forums breakdown 2021?

Also, huzzah for the new album theme finally hitting the boards.

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

Is it time I joined the dreaded forum to talk about this? Or should I maybe start a separate forum on crush problems?

I don't really have good friends, so at school I find myself talking to this girl twice a day for a few minutes each time. We've known each other for a year and a half, and right now, we consider ourselves "just friends". It's good that we have some common interests (music and math...yes, we math nerds are crazy).

But I think that I might like her as more than a friend. It's especially tough, considering that 1) I just lost another friend after confessing my feelings for her (granted, I didn't know her for as long, she's older, and I didn't know she was taken); 2) I still have lingering feelings for someone else who I know I will never get.

So, the question is:

What the hell do I do?!?

I take it that you guys are older and probably have gone through similar experiences as mine. I have talked to my parents and read articles online, but I'm looking for as many perspectives as possible before I make a move (or don't). I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!
I'm in love with somebody...
Found someone who completes me...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

I found out that there's a huge difference between a crush and being in love, and I think it's important to acknowledge the difference.

I've had crushes on people, that I in the end didn't even really want to be together with, because their lifestyle wouldn't mix with my lifestyle (sorry Micky). It's also perfectly possible to be in a healthy relationship with somebody, and still have a crush on somebody else.

I wouldn't let a crush define everything for you. Grow a healthy friendship with this person. A good friendship is the base of a good relationship anyway. Spend more time with her, get to know her better. Whatever happens afterwards, happens...
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

Timotheus wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:06 am I wouldn't let a crush define everything for you. Grow a healthy friendship with this person. A good friendship is the base of a good relationship anyway. Spend more time with her, get to know her better. Whatever happens afterwards, happens...
That's what I want to do. I'm not telling her about this just yet.

Unfortunately, I have let a crush define everything for me way too many times.

Thanks for the response!
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

We got a problem. I have an AP Stats test tomorrow, and she's in my class. It's the first time I'm afraid of being totally distracted on a test in that class.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MaraCarr »

maximzub wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:00 pm We got a problem. I have an AP Stats test tomorrow, and she's in my class. It's the first time I'm afraid of being totally distracted on a test in that class.
I remember my Statistics test... I was working full time and had a child. My test was proctored on a laptop with Jacksonville University. I was terrified. No crush but I had many other distractions, including my daughter hanging off the staircase...rushing me to finish because she was hungry. I made a B! If there is anything I know about crushes...they teach you to multi-task.

You got this! Use your crush to bring positive energy to your test. :cheers

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

MaraCarr wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:23 pm
maximzub wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:00 pm We got a problem. I have an AP Stats test tomorrow, and she's in my class. It's the first time I'm afraid of being totally distracted on a test in that class.
I remember my Statistics test... I was working full time and had a child. My test was proctored on a laptop with Jacksonville University. I was terrified. No crush but I had many other distractions, including my daughter hanging off the staircase...rushing me to finish because she was hungry. I made a B! If there is anything I know about crushes...they teach you to multi-task.

Okay, I'm luckily not at that level of problems! It's just a chapter test in a high school class, not the final AP test. (We are both in junior year.) I'm typically an A student, but I'm afraid of slipping to a B with this test being the first one of the semester. Well, I hope I do well and don't get distracted, and hopefully after class I can just talk to her like normal. Thanks!

EDIT: I got a 97%! But yesterday (February 10) I got a 90% on the next chapter test. The same day, my problems intensified. See my latest post.
Last edited by maximzub on Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MaraCarr »

maximzub wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:42 pm
MaraCarr wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:23 pm

Okay, I'm luckily not at that level of problems! It's just a chapter test in a high school class, not the final AP test. (We are both in junior year.) I'm typically an A student, but I'm afraid of slipping to a B with this test being the first one of the semester. Well, I hope I do well and don't get distracted, and hopefully after class I can just talk to her like normal. Thanks!
You got this! :)

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: "TABN community collectively earns $300,000"

Post by zazthespaz »

Anyone else buy AMC stock? Or Gamestop for that matter? Should we start our own movement and pick a stock to buy that's being shorted? Anyone have a vengeance against a hedgefund?
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I'd liked to help you out there, Zaz. Sadly, in my on-and-off thirst for any financial knowledge regarding anything, stocks seems to be my one weakness where I don't know anything or know where to start when it comes to investing.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

It's a shame this didn't happen during the best years of our poll fixing, we could've had the GDP of a small country by now.
For all of the hope that it brings...

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: We all know Blackbird is gonna win so we swapped that poll out for this one!

Post by zazthespaz »

Maybe we can do a battle of the track numbers and instead of track 7/8 when things get going, we slip in a poll for which stock to buy next :lol
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

maximzub
On The Rail

Re: We all know Blackbird is gonna win so we swapped that poll out for this one!

Post by maximzub »

zazthespaz wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:16 pm Maybe we can do a battle of the track numbers and instead of track 7/8 when things get going, we slip in a poll for which stock to buy next :lol
Lol what?
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

:shifty
Photobucket cash grab.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Sir, do you know why I pulled you over?

Post by zazthespaz »

Ryan wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 2:40 am:shifty
TABN Admin wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:55 pm 8. Spamming of any kind will not be tolerated. This ranges from simply useless posts in threads, posts with merely several smilies...
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says