The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Talk about anything and everything here.
Tigra
Isolated

Re: And a recast of Triss

Post by Tigra »

Andy92 wrote:Once I realized the timelines were different, I followed it pretty well. I was a bit confused until around episode 4 on how things tied together but it made more sense as it went. With that being said the show was kinda choppy in parts.

I thought they nailed the Geralt and Jaskier castings. Hopefully the next season flows a bit more smoothly overall.
Yeah, the second half of the show (ep. 4-8) was somewhat better or maybe I got used to all the hmms :yes
And my expectations towards the first series were high, now they are even higher because I hope they learned as they went...
Still, the books are my "all-times-best" and they really deserve a grand scale show. I might be disappointed with the disappointment of each book-lover whose favourite book gets adapted to the screen. It never ends well.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: if only there were an admin around...

Post by zazthespaz »

Tigra wrote:edit: my forum rank is really appropriate :facepalm :crazy :D
Hahahahha! Forgot about that! Maybe we should change everyone's rank to that for the time being
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Public Health >> Politics

Post by gbruin »

Tigra wrote: We get really terrifying pictures of the situation in the US in our tv. Here it seems more or less under control... or at least that's what the authorities say... :facepalm
There are at least a couple really bad places: New York City, because it's nearly impossible to socially distance there, and New Orleans, because they went ahead with Mardi Gras. A few other states were resistant/late to issue precautions and they may find themselves in trouble very shortly, but it has been mostly manageable elsewhere and resources haven't been overwhelmed the way things happened in Italy. Still, there's a long way to go with this and unfortunately people are starting to get pretty antsy. Americans aren't the patient type and not having a solid endpoint to this makes it a lot harder for people to deal with staying at home. But when there's no vaccine and no reliable treatment, quarantine is the only tool we have to lessen the impact of the virus. And of course the whole thing is getting politicized in a big way (because our federal government did what it does, which is to underestimate and then mismanage an emergency) which detracts from the more important issue of ensuring an appropriate medical response.

I'm glad to hear things are under control there. Maybe I should start studying Polish. Be well and be safe! :hug
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Re: (Paint it quickly!)

Post by Inconquerable »

The protests to end the lockdown blow my mind. They're happening in parts of Canada too. I understand that it's difficult to be isolated but if it's for the greater good, you do what you have to do. It does kind of make me laugh though that people are protesting in their cars. We'll go out and protest, but we refuse to get out of our cars because you're all sick and gross.

Also does anybody have any way of getting in touch with Ubik? He's been MIA for a while and I want him in my Mafia game! A game featuring Nahaa wouldn't be right without our Bachelor Daddy!

Tigra
Isolated

Re: there are some but don't seem to be suitable for the role

Post by Tigra »

zazthespaz wrote:
Tigra wrote:edit: my forum rank is really appropriate :facepalm :crazy :D
Hahahahha! Forgot about that! Maybe we should change everyone's rank to that for the time being
With the highest one: "gone completely mad". I'm just one step below :crazy :crazy :crazy

Tigra
Isolated

Re: Public Health >> Politics

Post by Tigra »

gbruin wrote:And of course the whole thing is getting politicized in a big way (because our federal government did what it does, which is to underestimate and then mismanage an emergency) which detracts from the more important issue of ensuring an appropriate medical response.
It is soooo political here as well... I'm not a particular fan of the ruling party (which also has their president) - or maybe I'd rather say they've been able to demolish everything that was good in this country. And they are forcing presidential election on May, 10 - in person or in correspondence voting which has never been tested here before. They are violating the Constitution, refuse to announce a state of emergency, instead, our freedoms are limited right now due to the virus based on some orders of ministers. But contrary to Americans, we have a long history of getting by the short and curlies so we generally obey. As a matter of fact, if there is a ban on public gatherings, what else can we do? And I don't really believe in facebook demonstrations...
gbruin wrote:I'm glad to hear things are under control there. Maybe I should start studying Polish. Be well and be safe! :hug
Thanks, we are all trying to stay safe. We keep isolated. We usually have quite intense family lives (family = extended family with grandpas, aunts, uncles, cousins) and now it is all banned so we miss each other much. Kids are getting nuts at home and I'm getting crazy trying to somehow organize their home schooling.

Is everything under control? I have no idea. The PM and the Minister of Health say so.
Total numbers right now are 8214 infected, out of which 318 died so relatively small in comparison to anywhere else.

But there is a joke in Poland: a reporter interviews the main epidemiologist:
- how many people will get infected with coronavirus in Poland?
- Ten thousand.
- Ten thousand exactly? - asks surprised reporter.
- Yes, exactly.
- How come?
- Because this is the number of tests we have.
:-)
Anyway. I hate it and I hate that there is nothing I can do about it. I can just come here and complain to you :D

Tigra
Isolated

Re: (Paint it quickly!)

Post by Tigra »

Inconquerable, I laughed soooooo hard at your first post in the Mafia thread. I didn't have the pleasure to meet Gurthie but as far as I remember, I had a chance to get called names by nahaa :lol omg, that was soooooo funny, great weirdoes :lol :lol :lol

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Re: Anybody else read Nahaa like ca-caw?

Post by Inconquerable »

Tigra wrote:Inconquerable, I laughed soooooo hard at your first post in the Mafia thread. I didn't have the pleasure to meet Gurthie but as far as I remember, I had a chance to get called names by nahaa :lol omg, that was soooooo funny, great weirdoes :lol :lol :lol
Thank you!! I wish I had been around for Nahaa, Gurthie was a real treat too. I messaged Nahaa trying to get them to come back but no luck so far. Jump in on Mafia next time if you like! We'd love to have you. =)

Tigra
Isolated

Re: The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Post by Tigra »

I have no idea how to play in the first place, and secondly, the time zone differences make it quite impossible, I guess...
I'll try to follow your game but you guys produce so many posts :facepalm

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: 9 people is the sweet spot I'm shooting for.

Post by zazthespaz »

Yo TABN peeps - come watch me and my roommate play music at 7:30pm ET on Facebook! 5 of you show up, I'll play some AB. 10 of you show up & I'll get naked.

https://www.facebook.com/cameron.patterson.3705
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

zazisaspaz
On The Rail

Grandma won’t be happy if 10 show up

Post by zazisaspaz »

zazthespaz wrote:Yo TABN peeps - come watch me and my roommate play music at 7:30pm ET on Facebook! 5 of you show up, I'll play some AB. 10 of you show up & I'll get naked.

https://www.facebook.com/cameron.patterson.3705
I was all about this until I got to the last part. :facepalm

But yes, 9 and only 9 of you should absolutely tune in!!! We can all fangirl together

Tigra
Isolated

Post by Tigra »

And what about Central - European voyeurists?

Lotha
Colloquial

Post by Lotha »

HI TIGRA, HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!
Photobucket is responsible for my lack of signature today.

TABN Discord: https://discord.gg/sGXRGZ

Tigra
Isolated

Post by Tigra »

Thanks a lot, Lotha :hug

That was a really difficult birthday ;) I posted a request on Facebook not to send me wishes this year but to call me in a videoconference because I want to see that other people still exist ;) So my parents called me, I poured them some vodka and showed to the camera but what next? I had to drink it. In a while some friends called, so I poured them some vodka and well, I had to drink it. Next my aunt called, I poured her some vodka and guess what... :facepalm
Coronavirus will ruin my liver... :facepalm ;-P

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Hawaiian Punch Italian Ice doesn't taste as good as I hoped. There's also bits of watermelon in it as well (which I'm not a huge fan of watermelon in general). Thankfully, my order also comes with a scoop of vanilla ice cream as a topping. It's helping keep things in balance in the palette.

Micky
On The Rail

I ain’t no cheap ass nap machine

Post by Micky »

My dog is sleeping on my lap. I’m going to have to wake
Him up soon because THIS LAP AINT FREE
Thanks Andy!

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Re: I ain’t no cheap ass nap machine

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Micky wrote:My dog is sleeping on my lap. I’m going to have to wake
He is paying you with love, dammit! What do you call sleeping on your lap?! :smashcomp You better not charge him more! Dont be greedy!

Tigra
Isolated

Post by Tigra »

anguyen92 wrote:Hawaiian Punch Italian Ice doesn't taste as good as I hoped. There's also bits of watermelon in it as well (which I'm not a huge fan of watermelon in general). Thankfully, my order also comes with a scoop of vanilla ice cream as a topping. It's helping keep things in balance in the palette.
Oreo flavoured ice cream, salted caramel and mango + raspberry tasted delicious this weekend :D We had a lovely, sunny Saturday (in contrast to cold and windy Sunday).

Tigra
Isolated

Re: I ain’t no cheap ass nap machine

Post by Tigra »

Micky wrote:My dog is sleeping on my lap. I’m going to have to wake
Oh, you reminded me how much I wanted to have a dog. To make some extra money of course :D

The corona helped us to make the decision to get one. I've always wanted a dog but if we're away most of the day, it would tear my heart apart to leave a couple-of-weeks-old puppy alone... Now we are at home all the time (blah) so we can offer some more care and attention to a baby. And there are no prospects for fancy-pancy holiday this year. We planned trip to Italy like last year but I guess I don't feel like going there this year anymore.

We didn't tell the kids - they have dreamt about a dog since forever of course but I had told them to forget about it years ago. Now I'm looking for a puppy, we want a golden retriever and it is not easy to find one to be taken immediately. I had no idea there is such a demand for puppies.

There might be some puppies for sale in the beginning of July - but only "might". If not, then again, searching, "booking" a puppy, waiting for birth and for the puppy to be ready so it's again next 2-3 months = September/October and I guess I wouldn't be into this. I think I still believe in the autumn everything will return to normal....

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: That or I haven't mentally aged since the 7th grade. Probably that.

Post by zazthespaz »

17 years later and Homestar Runner/Strongbad Emails still hold up as comedy gold.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says