The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Talk about anything and everything here.
anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Re: The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Post by anguyen92 »

All right, I have to ask this question. Does the novel read like pretty bad fanfiction and trying to be cute with the way they describe the more intimate scenes (if there are any?) This is a dealbreaker whether or not I go and read the thing.

Micky
On The Rail

Re: “he opened the refrigerator, but with caress because he was designed to be gentle to his lovers.”

Post by Micky »

zazthespaz wrote:Was Mark horny while writing it? I’m halfway through and I feel like he keeps saying how sensual the bots are at completely unnecessary times :lol
:lol

There's a line in that book that says "perky pink nipples" and I laughed out loud at that. I can't imagine Mark sitting down to write the whole book, but I agree with Andy that he probably wrote the outline.

The author he wrote it with may have been horny though because I thought the same thing throughout the book
Thanks Andy!

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Sounds like Stephen King, lol.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Literally.

Post by zazthespaz »

Timotheus wrote:Sounds like Stephen King, lol.
How dare you defile Stephen King’s name like that. At least when Stephen King is horny, he fleshes out his horny writing.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Re: Literally.

Post by Timotheus »

zazthespaz wrote:
Timotheus wrote:Sounds like Stephen King, lol.
How dare you defile Stephen King’s name like that. At least when Stephen King is horny, he fleshes out his horny writing.
Oh he's a master at horny writing. I'm not defying that.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

anguyen92 wrote:All right, I have to ask this question. Does the novel read like pretty bad fanfiction and trying to be cute with the way they describe the more intimate scenes (if there are any?) This is a dealbreaker whether or not I go and read the thing.
It’s not that bad, but you’ll probably laugh/roll your eyes a couple times lol. Nothing graphic or anything.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I wonder what a wheel of grievances look like? You just spin a wheel and it lands on gripes people have on something.

Like this image I see people discusses why the Boston Bruins loses called Wheel of Excuses.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Oh boy, I think I've reached the annual "I may need to take a break from reading/posting in the forums for a while until things tone itself down a bit." This also goes with the "I love you guys here in this forum and you guys are the best" comment. Then, I just proceed on to post here like in two days as if nothing happened.

Man, I've been predictable.

Edit: On second thought, aside from Wouldn't You Rather, I'm decided to not listen to anything (snippets, singles, avoid certain threads, etc.) from Walk the Sky until the album listening party. Now if Octane plays any other AB song from Walk the Sky, I would be hard-pressed to change the channel.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

anguyen92 wrote:Oh boy, I think I've reached the annual "I may need to take a break from reading/posting in the forums for a while until things tone itself down a bit." This also goes with the "I love you guys here in this forum and you guys are the best" comment. Then, I just proceed on to post here like in two days as if nothing happened.

Edit: On second thought, aside from Wouldn't You Rather, I'm decided to not listen to anything (snippets, singles, avoid certain threads, etc.) from Walk the Sky until the album listening party. Now if Octane plays any other AB song from Walk the Sky, I would be hard-pressed to change the channel.
You should pick one that you'll listen to if they pre-release it. GAMIFY IT, KEV.

I'm going with Godspeed.
For all of the hope that it brings...

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Loser pays for his parking at his next concert

Post by zazthespaz »

Ubik wrote:
anguyen92 wrote:Oh boy, I think I've reached the annual "I may need to take a break from reading/posting in the forums for a while until things tone itself down a bit." This also goes with the "I love you guys here in this forum and you guys are the best" comment. Then, I just proceed on to post here like in two days as if nothing happened.

You should pick one that you'll listen to if they pre-release it. GAMIFY IT, KEV.

I'm going with Godspeed.
And then we can place bets on how much he'll like it!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

gbruin
MEGLADONG

So take hold of the flame...

Post by gbruin »

Going to see Queensryche this evening!! :rockon
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: I can’t be the only one

Post by zazthespaz »

Any of you have that friend who always sends you Facebook messages by mistake when they’re trying to message a band? Sooooo annoying :rolleyes
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Like the band even wants to hear from them in the first place

Post by gbruin »

zazthespaz wrote:Any of you have that friend who always sends you Facebook messages by mistake when they’re trying to message a band? Sooooo annoying :rolleyes
Yeah. I hate a-holes like that.

:shifty

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Don't F*** With Kev. He will disappear you.

Post by gbruin »

Damn. That last spam thread where I, on behalf of the TABN users, bequeathed mod privileges to anguyen is gone.

I publicly asked if there were any objections to making him a mod and I can quite literally and honestly say that I never saw any objections. Therefore I can only assume everyone was fine with it, that kev assumed his arbitrarily gifted mod status, and that he wielded his new powers by taking that thread out behind the shed and offing it.

Killer work, angy.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I'm grateful for that compliment. I really do. If only I actually did that, which I honestly didn't.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Re: Don't F*** With Kev. He will disappear you.

Post by Ubik »

gbruin wrote:Damn. That last spam thread where I, on behalf of the TABN users, bequeathed mod privileges to anguyen is gone.

I publicly asked if there were any objections to making him a mod and I can quite literally and honestly say that I never saw any objections. Therefore I can only assume everyone was fine with it, that kev assumed his arbitrarily gifted mod status, and that he wielded his new powers by taking that thread out behind the shed and offing it.

Killer work, angy.
"My name is Kevinmandias, king of kings;
Look on my commas, ye Modmins, and despair!"
For all of the hope that it brings...

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Lights Out! KEV ON THE RADIO! TURN THAT S*** UP!

Post by zazthespaz »

Wu Tang Kev - Ain't Nuthing Ta F*** Wit
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: BECAUSE IT'S BEEN A FACKIN WEEK THATS WHY.

Post by zazthespaz »

zazthespaz wrote:Wu Tang Kev - Ain't Nuthing Ta F*** Wit
lol. good one
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

gbruin
MEGLADONG

My absolute favorite piece of poetry

Post by gbruin »

Ubik wrote:
gbruin wrote:Damn. That last spam thread where I, on behalf of the TABN users, bequeathed mod privileges to anguyen is gone.

Killer work, angy.
"My name is Kevinmandias, king of kings;
Look on my commas, ye Modmins, and despair!"
QOTY.

Maybe Ever. That might beat the biplane.