The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Talk about anything and everything here.
TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Re: Or for zaz. I mean, just look above.

Post by TenaciousBe »

gbruin wrote:Hmm, not sure how you got to that association without first wondering how a title like "Adventures of Tip and Oh" was remotely appropriate for children. Or teenagers. Especially teenagers.

But the melody in the lyric "Home" does strike me as very familiar, but not for the Phillips song. There's definitely something there. It'll come to me while I'm watching TV sometime in the next week and I'll report back.
I've never thought anything inappropriate about the title, but wow. You're a dirty bird, Gregory.
Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: So unsophisticated.

Post by zazthespaz »

gbruin wrote:Hmm, not sure how you got to that association without first wondering how a title like "Adventures of Tip and Oh" was remotely appropriate for children. Or teenagers. Especially teenagers.
Don’t be gross, Greg.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Unsophistication is contagious

Post by gbruin »

I have a 16 y/o boy with no frontal lobes in my house. I have to watch out for stuff like that.

Oh, and that melody was exactly that Phillips song. You nailed it Brian.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Re: The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Post by anguyen92 »

All right. At the Disturbed show at the forum. Not a bad view in section 226 row 18

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

I guess I'm a bit surprised that Disturbed is filling arenas that size. Cool, I guess, but I wish AB could get a whiff of that kind of support over here in the US.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Well, in all honesty, it wasn't the full capacity of the arena. I saw 3 of the 200 sections being curtained off. Plus, there were still some open seats around the arena and the GA wasn't completely filled to the brim. Still, if someone told me that, at least, 10,000 people showed up, I believe them. It was a good crowd as well. Having Three Days Grace as support helped as well.

Oddly enough, when Three Days Grace started, they had around 30% of the crowd show up and they were impartial to them (like crowds were to AB when they opened for Breaking Benjamin and Disturbed in 2016). After they played I Hate Everything About You, Animal I Have Become, Never Too Late, and Riot, the crowd ended up being doubled and they got some circle pits going in the crowds and people singing along to these songs that a mainstream arena modern rock crowd should know and were chanting Three Days Grace so I say Three Days Grace did a great job as a support that AB couldn't do in 2016 (which isn't AB's fault per say, but you look at the mainstream radio success 3DG has in the last 15 years compared to AB and sadly, it is no contest. Again, not AB's fault as we know they have enough songs that should have warranted that mainstream radio success that the giants in that genre has).

As for Disturbed, they were tremendous. I thought that people does not give Disturbed enough credit for having enough solid songs to deliver a 100 minutes set, but not only they did that, they were just great performers. Sure, David Draiman goes crazy with the "Let me see those fists in the air," but in all fairness, that's the part of the charm of a Disturbed show isn't it? Also, they had a video screen in the background with some nice visuals, pyro in a couple of songs, plus a smaller stage where they did a few acoustic-like songs. At least half the crowd in the seats were on their feet the entire time and, virtually, everyone was on their feet for the big songs (especially, of course, Down with the Sickness), plus there were like 3 circle pits that was going throughout the show. Again, I was probably the only guy wearing an AB t-shirt (the Royal Albert Hall shirt I got from buying the bundle on Napalm Records store), but at least, I had one couple complementing me on the shirt I wore so that's a win in my book.

Above all else, being in that crowd felt like coming home. This was probably the first show since the Breaking Benjamin show in 2017 where I went to a show that had a mainstream modern rock crowds (you know, crowds that would sport the A7X and the FFDP and Breaking Benjamin and the likes shirts) and I missed that in 2018. Big Wreck had a niche crowd (small, but fierce as Ian Thornley stated), Myles had a crowd that was the majority of AB die-hards (they were still awesome of course) and classic rock fans, Lindsey Stirling/Evanescence was more of a crossover sorta crowd, Owl City had die-hard Owl City fans and not much else, and Trans-Siberian Orchestra attracted people that normally wouldn't listen to rock. So seeing that Disturbed show, I was looking forward to be that sort of modern hard rock crowd again and I like it and I hope to be part of that again when I see Nothing More in February.

So all of that in mind, around 50-55 minutes of Three Days Grace and around 100-ish minutes of Disturbed and both were solid sets and a solid view of the stage with no dickheads around me. I would say that was certainly worth the $40.00 ticket I nabbed a few weeks back. If I wanted to pay an additional $25.00, I could have nabbed a good view in GA. When I got to my seat, I saw there wasn't that much people in GA, I could have gotten a great view in the first 10 rows of GA.

First concert in 2019 for me was a fantastic start and I'm now doubting whether or not the Chris Cornell Tribute show can top that. At first, I would think it is a no-brainer, but if it becomes too much a corporate-like event and celebrities stroking their egos and profiting off one of the best vocalists of our time, I wouldn't stand for that. If it turns out to be just the guys in Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, Audioslave just non-stop playing their songs that defines Chris Cornell as a musician, then it would be that tremendous once of a lifetime event, but I haven't heard anything on how the show is formatted except for the start time so I'm skeptic for now.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

And Scully looks great for 50

Post by gbruin »

Everyone go watch Sex Education on Netflix. I need there to be a season 2.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

At the forum for Chris Cornell tribute show. Everything looks disorganized in comparison to Disturbed last Friday

Jaded Rescue
Hardcore TABN'er

I have a theory...

Post by Jaded Rescue »

I've seen a couple more board outages in the last week or so. Brief, but they definitely happened.

I have a theory: The mods have given up on the boards, hence their absence. But they didn't want to kill the boards, so they lowered whatever web hosting plan they were on to keep the boards on life support without them costing too much money. On this lowered plan, bandwidth is lower and high traffic kills the site until requests to the server decrease or slow down.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

So, that was quite the long show. I had to tap out of it before the Soundgarden set (it was raining hard and I think I made the right call in order to beat traffic). All I can say that it was definitely worth the $95.00 even before Soundgarden. At least, I get to also say that I saw Metallica play For Whom the Bell Tolls and Master of Puppets in person and I get to see Dave Grohl sing Show me How to Live. Heck, even Miley Cyrus sounded tolerable in Say Hello 2 Heaven (not really "good", but better than a train wreck that I thought it was going to be) and I get to hear someone sing a track from Higher Truth (a fine solo album, and sadly, a fine final album from Chris Cornell).

Overall, I think the people that was a part of that show and organized that show should be proud of what they accomplished. Was an expensive show yes, but it was a solid show (I still enjoyed the Disturbed show better though mainly due to better view and the songs and crowd atmosphere tailoring more to me than the Chris Cornell tribute show).

ThravRande
Burn It Down

Post by ThravRande »

Man Higher Truth was my anthem for like 2 years. It is such a fantastic album too to bottom. I beat Murderer of Blue Skies to death on guitar when I first learned it. First song I’ve ever successfully been able to fingerpick and sing at the same time.
Myles Kennedy wrote:I think you're as sharp as.... whatever's sharp.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: see you again in 2023!

Post by zazthespaz »

It’s been 3 years since Thrav posted?! The last time he posted, I could...

Nope nothing’s changed. Welcome back!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Re: I have a theory...

Post by Ubik »

Jaded Rescue wrote:I've seen a couple more board outages in the last week or so. Brief, but they definitely happened.

I have a theory: The mods have given up on the boards, hence their absence. But they didn't want to kill the boards, so they lowered whatever web hosting plan they were on to keep the boards on life support without them costing too much money. On this lowered plan, bandwidth is lower and high traffic kills the site until requests to the server decrease or slow down.
Good theory. Only flaw as far as I can see is that I'm not sure the board's had enough traffic to cause such outages.

Unless it was the bots.
For all of the hope that it brings...

ThravRande
Burn It Down

Re: see you again in 2023!

Post by ThravRande »

zazthespaz wrote:It’s been 3 years since Thrav posted?! The last time he posted, I could...

Nope nothing’s changed. Welcome back!
Lmao life’s ruff man. Last time I was here the site was less mobile friendly. I see now that we have thumb friendly quick links now. I may be back for real this time

I’ve got a lot of down time at my job now. When we having another mafia game? Lol
Myles Kennedy wrote:I think you're as sharp as.... whatever's sharp.

Jaded Rescue
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: I have a theory...

Post by Jaded Rescue »

Ubik wrote:
Jaded Rescue wrote:I've seen a couple more board outages in the last week or so. Brief, but they definitely happened.

Good theory. Only flaw as far as I can see is that I'm not sure the board's had enough traffic to cause such outages.

Unless it was the bots.
I guess in my theory, the number of users needed to break the bandwidth limit was like... 5. :lol

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Your fault, Suckerberg

Post by gbruin »

I wish we had the traffic to crash this place. TABN was THE online place to hang out for AB fans. Still lots of great people here, but there are too many options around the internet anymore.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

So where have the mods been?
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

Jaded Rescue
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: Your fault, Suckerberg

Post by Jaded Rescue »

gbruin wrote:I wish we had the traffic to crash this place. TABN was THE online place to hang out for AB fans. Still lots of great people here, but there are too many options around the internet anymore.
I think I actually remember the board crashing back in the Blackbird or AB III days. There was so much hype back then, and as you said, this was THE only place for AB fans, so everyone flooded the place. Crazy how things change, but I think the band is doing well for themselves considering the current music industry landscape.

Lotha
Colloquial

Post by Lotha »

I still think we should move to Discord or sth.
Photobucket is responsible for my lack of signature today.

TABN Discord: https://discord.gg/sGXRGZ

Micky
On The Rail

Post by Micky »

Hi everybody!
Thanks Andy!