The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Talk about anything and everything here.
SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Re: The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Im still single Kev so you're not alone :lol :hug

Merinda
Sig Queen

Post by Merinda »

anguyen92 wrote:
Merinda wrote:
Macca wrote:YEES UPTAE?!
I feel like you reappearing around the same time I have is no coincidence... :shifty Didn't you get married? Bloody hell we're all getting married and engaged. AB babies next!
I'm still single. Not getting engaged or married any time soon. Mentioned that I was probably the only male single guy at the Lindsey Stirling/Evanescence concert. Everyone else was either with their friends or their significant other or with their families. That's when reality really kicked in for me. :mope
I saw that. Nothing wrong with being single but it can be tedious. You have us until the time comes! :hug

Merinda
Sig Queen

Post by Merinda »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:Im still single Kev so you're not alone :lol :hug
guys - so cute. :hug

Merinda
Sig Queen

Post by Merinda »

okay so need some opinions.

I have a job interview on Monday and I've been asked to bring:

'Attribute Item: What is an attribute item? It’s is a small item, that is a representation of one or some of your best personal qualities that you feel you could bring to the team. So firstly think of your best attributes / skills or qualities that would make you a great team member and then think of an item that would be able to represent that attribute / skill or quality.'

WTF, I can't, I don't even know. No. I'm a great typer?! I can't take my damn computer with me! I'm meticulous about detail but how tf do you show that in a small item?

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I don't even know what I would bring if I was asked that question.

How would I show my tenacity in terms of paying attention to every little detail ever? I would just say my item is my mouth. It's either going to get me gold or get me awkwardly nowhere.

So Merinda, to answer your question, I would say you should bring something that looks perfect on the outside, but when you break it down to the very core, it's heavily flawed and you and only you knows it and you know what is needed to make the item work the way it is supposed to be.

Merinda
Sig Queen

Post by Merinda »

I feel like you'd be a great Haiku writer, Andrew.

Thank you for the idea but I'll need to figure out what is perfect on the outside and flawed on the inside small enough to take with me.

What about a sponge? Soaks up knowledge, good cleaner, long lasting? lol I'm effed.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Merinda wrote:okay so need some opinions.

'Attribute Item: What is an attribute item? It’s is a small item, that is a representation of one or some of your best personal qualities that you feel you could bring to the team. So firstly think of your best attributes / skills or qualities that would make you a great team member and then think of an item that would be able to represent that attribute / skill or quality.'

WTF, I can't, I don't even know. No. I'm a great typer?! I can't take my damn computer with me! I'm meticulous about detail but how tf do you show that in a small item?
Sorry Min I cant help you there :lol :/

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:

Sorry Min I cant help you there :lol :/
Oooooh! I know, Min! Say you're a great team worker/you work well with others and bring L :lol

Merinda
Sig Queen

Post by Merinda »

But I'm not. I hate people. :lol

You're so helpful! :smashcomp

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

I guess I'm going to see the Foo fighters next month. Told my son if he could save a hundo for his ticket, I'd take him.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Merinda wrote:But I'm not. I hate people. :lol

You're so helpful! :smashcomp
Sorry Min :/ :lol

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

On the single thing... you guys who know me know I was the singlest single who ever singled for such a long time. Pretty much all of my mid-20s to mid-30s, save for a couple minor blips here or there. Until almost 3 years ago, when this longtime friend (really, more of a facebook acquaintance that I'd occasionally see around town) announced that her husband had left, and she was looking to get back out into the world and have some friends again. We got together at our local coffee shop, and then did that again a few days later, and then she came with me to one of my acoustic gigs, and about a month later we were dating. Honestly, it made fact out of every "single person" cliche out there -- I had to finally be happy on my own before this happened. Once we started spending time together, everything just clicked and worked and there's never been a doubt in my mind since the day we declared ourselves a couple that this was for life. A little over a year later, we were married, and last summer we had our first baby together.

Now, your results may vary, but from my experience? Just kick back and enjoy the ride. Single life has SO MUCH to offer, and even though it feels like such a drag when everyone else around you has someone and you feel left out, you also have advantages they don't. And when the time is right, and the universe is ready to put the Next Big Thing on your plate, it'll be there. I mean, you still have to actively keep an eye out, be open to what/who crosses your path, maybe sift through heaps of disappointment on dating apps or whatnot, but eventually, something will come along. And if it doesn't? That's okay too. Fill your life with the things you love to do (for me, it was yoga and biking and music), and it will never be empty.

:)
Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.

Merinda
Sig Queen

Post by Merinda »

TenaciousBe wrote:On the single thing... you guys who know me know I was the singlest single who ever singled for such a long time. Pretty much all of my mid-20s to mid-30s, save for a couple minor blips here or there. Until almost 3 years ago, when this longtime friend (really, more of a facebook acquaintance that I'd occasionally see around town) announced that her husband had left, and she was looking to get back out into the world and have some friends again. We got together at our local coffee shop, and then did that again a few days later, and then she came with me to one of my acoustic gigs, and about a month later we were dating. Honestly, it made fact out of every "single person" cliche out there -- I had to finally be happy on my own before this happened. Once we started spending time together, everything just clicked and worked and there's never been a doubt in my mind since the day we declared ourselves a couple that this was for life. A little over a year later, we were married, and last summer we had our first baby together.

Now, your results may vary, but from my experience? Just kick back and enjoy the ride. Single life has SO MUCH to offer, and even though it feels like such a drag when everyone else around you has someone and you feel left out, you also have advantages they don't. And when the time is right, and the universe is ready to put the Next Big Thing on your plate, it'll be there. I mean, you still have to actively keep an eye out, be open to what/who crosses your path, maybe sift through heaps of disappointment on dating apps or whatnot, but eventually, something will come along. And if it doesn't? That's okay too. Fill your life with the things you love to do (for me, it was yoga and biking and music), and it will never be empty.

:)
Really well said, B-man. I remember way back you saying on FB and stuff you weren't sure you'd find the one and look! You did and you have a beautiful family. It's been a pleasure to see it all unfold for you. :hug I believe it's all about timing for sure. I was with the wrong person for almost four years and the loneliest I've ever felt was during it. So relationships can be awesome or really feckin' awful. Don't lose hope Andrew. <3 And yeah it can take some time so in the mean time you could get a cat. Cats are the bomb.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

There are times when I'm perfectly happy to be single and other times when I'm not :lol It changes day to day :/

Merinda
Sig Queen

Post by Merinda »

My cat got into a fight with the neighbour bully cat and now he won't stop squinting and his eye keeps watering.

Bye money. :facepalm

Merinda
Sig Queen

Post by Merinda »

Why don't we have a BMarsh rules emoticon. He's my main man, the injustice!

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Merinda wrote:My cat got into a fight with the neighbour bully cat and now he won't stop squinting and his eye keeps watering.

Oh no Min! :( I hope its nothing serious.
Merinda wrote:Why don't we have a BMarsh rules emoticon. He's my main man, the injustice!
Or a Flip rules emoticon!? :lol :eek

Merinda
Sig Queen

Post by Merinda »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:
Merinda wrote:My cat got into a fight with the neighbour bully cat and now he won't stop squinting and his eye keeps watering.

Merinda wrote:Why don't we have a BMarsh rules emoticon. He's my main man, the injustice!
Me too, you know that stuff you get in your eyes in the morning when you wake up? He has a lot of that, while his eye is open so I think it's infected. Taking him to the vet this afternoon.

And yes, Flip too haha

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Merinda wrote:
SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:

Me too, you know that stuff you get in your eyes in the morning when you wake up? He has a lot of that, while his eye is open so I think it's infected. Taking him to the vet this afternoon.

And yes, Flip too haha
Yeah I know that stuff :lol Wishing your cat the best, Min! Hope the vet sorts it out! :)

Lotha
Colloquial

Post by Lotha »

Merinda wrote:
Thank you! Look at us getting all engaged and stuff. :hug

I'm actually considering eloping also. In Paris. Buuuut that would disappoint/upset a lot of people.... but at the same time it's about myself and L so why should it matter!

I will message you at some point hehe. I'm the same. I'm awkward with messenger lol. I generally get a message, forget about it, want to reply but feel like it's too late and the awkwardness goes on. I'm honestly terrible at replying to people. Emails, phone calls, forum posts, texts. I'm just shit.
Why did you just describe me? Lol. I get a message from someone, i flick the notification because "I'll answer when I'm done here", I get done with whatever I'm doing and I forget everything.
Sometimes I see a message from Andy a couple of days later and I'm like "I'm such a bad FB friend, man".

About eloping. It's a tough situation honestly. But I'm of the opinion that any wedding is only about (and for) those two people getting married. If they wanna throw a big party, that's fine. If they don't, that's also fine. It's really no one's business to be upset about it. Hell even organizing an elope is a lot of stress. So my vote is for you do you. If Paris is where you wanna get married then go for it.

Dafuq is this shit. Honestly.
I'd bring a hoop and then say this is what I have to jump through to get hired according to this dumb interview question.

Meticulous about detail, huh?

Idk why but I'm pulled into cooking territory. So maybe a salt shaker -- it's the detail that holds every dish together and without it stuff gets bland.
(Plus it could also secretly represent you being salty about the question.)
Photobucket is responsible for my lack of signature today.

TABN Discord: https://discord.gg/sGXRGZ