The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Talk about anything and everything here.
Tigra
Isolated

Re: The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Post by Tigra »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:
zazthespaz wrote:Where'd Tigra and Lotha go?
They left like all the other females of TABN eventually do :lol
Don’t think you would get rid of me that easily.
gbruin wrote:So it looks like my daughter might be leaving home to attend a hockey academy next fall. I'm excited for her and crushed for me.
Feel for you. Sounds like a typical parental identity disorder. Is she there already? How are you now?
===========================
Ok, I read all 20 pgs and...
Lotha wrote:I see Duane has a thing with a coworker and Greg is being awesome and wise as always and Kev went to a concert and has jury duty and Shea thinks online privacy should be a thing and... yeah I read a few pages back.
gbruin wrote:So Lotha has a steady gig, ODR has a cooler job rebuilding engines, everyone wants to work for Andy, Shea hit a milestone post, Hartie replaced a cold heartless relationship with the exact opposite, and zaz is learning Vietnamese which makes Kev happy.
And additionally, zaz had a sunflower seed in his nose (wtf???), Shea refused to take a shot (wtf???) and there was a couple of birthdays (btw. happy birthday everyone who is entitled to my birthday wishes ;-)
I gave you 8 months and you guys haven't really distinguished yourselves. Nothing to brag about apart from Lotha's comeback, Lotha's new job and Lotha's wedding.
zazthespaz wrote:I think more Polish.
O kurwa.
gbruin wrote:
AB4Lyfe wrote:
SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:
AB4Lyfe wrote:Women... :facepalm
Why you facepalming women, Duane? :/
Just can’t ever be direct; say what’s on their mind.
True. Learning to speak womanish is a critical but nearly impossible language skill.
The true wisdom is to know when a task is too big for you.

Lotha
Colloquial

Post by Lotha »

Oh Tigra how I've missed you! Welcome back!

And thank you, the big day is gonna be November 4th. ^_^
Photobucket is responsible for my lack of signature today.

TABN Discord: https://discord.gg/sGXRGZ

Tigra
Isolated

Post by Tigra »

Great!
And you really want to keep the ceremony in secret?

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Hey Tigra! Long time no see! :wave

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Re: Maybe, I need to take a break at the forums for four months for things to perk up

Post by anguyen92 »

I gave you 8 months and you guys haven't really distinguished yourselves. Nothing to brag about apart from Lotha's comeback, Lotha's new job and Lotha's wedding.
I don't know what to say. I'm a very dull guy in general. The only exciting things I do is when I go to concerts, hence my really long posts. We can't help it that Lotha has the most exciting things going right now. Anyway, welcome back Tigra.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

The two best randomness posts in a long time.

Post by gbruin »

Lotha wrote:I'M GETTING MARRIED
Wishing you both all the happiness in the world!

Tigra wrote: It seems I'm back and that's what you call perfect timing ;P
Yay!
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

Lotha
Colloquial

Post by Lotha »

Tigra wrote:Great!
Yup! We only told our immediate family and three other people (closest friends).
Other than everyone on TABN, I mean :P
gbruin wrote: Wishing you both all the happiness in the world!
Thanks, Greg!

Tigra
Isolated

Post by Tigra »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:Long time no see! :wave
Hopefully now long time see frequently ;)
anguyen92 wrote:We can't help it that Lotha has the most exciting things going right now.
You actually can. Get married!

And if we talk about dullness, not much interesting stuff has happened in my life either.
First some reshuffling at work so a lot of mess.
Then spring and beautiful weather so we spent a lot of time outside/at the countryside.

Then summer and my brother got married. I was a bridesmaid/a witness so my main task in the months before was to do anything possible to look absolutely stunning on that day. I basically had to completely reverse the proportions between the amount of food I ate and time I spent exercising ;) Plus using tons of cosmetics - to improve the texture of the skin, eye creams, serum stimulating growth of eyelashes, fat burning milks for my belly and a couple of other disgusting operations each day.

Then I spent days in shops looking for THAT dress, THAT shoes and THAT jewellery which was actually worse than all the starvation I had experienced before. Have I ever told you I hate shopping? Of any kind, whether clothes, food or household appliances. Ugh!

But I hope finally it paid off to go through all this hell. As you can see, the fact that we have breasts does not compensate for all that nightmare we have to go through AT ALL. All my husband had to do was to put on his suit he simply had in the wardrobe. Dot.

The wedding reception was beautiful and a lot of fun. Here the key to enjoy a wedding is to balance three elements: drinking, dancing and eating. There were tons of delicious food, hectoliters of various alcohols and great music and the latter was the most important part for me (I love dancing and additionally I could not eat in my dress almost at all and being a bridesmaid I needed to stay in shape until the end). The ceremony started at noon and the party finished at 5:30. The next day was a continuation of wedding in the restaurant when the parents could actually relax if you know what I mean ;-) And the next day was the continuation of the continuation at my home so we really enjoyed that happy family time though my family wouldn't be themselves if they could refrain from spoiling the atmosphere and my brother is the champion in that event :[

And since yesterday I devote each minute of my free time to wonder whether I really need to speak first and think next and not the other way round… At my age I should really better control my mouth :slam
Last edited by Tigra on Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tigra
Isolated

Post by Tigra »

Lotha wrote:
Tigra wrote:Great!
Yup! We only told our immediate family and three other people (closest friends).
Other than everyone on TABN, I mean :P
We appreciate that :beer
Do you plan to have a party afterwards? Any special preparations or will you keep it simple?

Lotha
Colloquial

Post by Lotha »

Tigra wrote:
Then I spent days in shops looking for THAT dress, THAT shoes and THAT jewellery which was actually worse than all the starvation I had experienced before. Have I ever told you I hate shopping? Of any kind, whether clothes, food or household appliances. Ugh!

But I hope finally it paid off to go through all this hell. As you can see, the fact that we have breasts does not compensate for all that nightmare we have to go through AT ALL.
Bahahahaha oh boy don't I feel your pain! (Especially since I'm considering a casually off-white dress and agonizing over shoes at the moment. And I don't have much going in the breasts department either.)

To answer your other question, yes, there will be a (small) party that same day or tomorrow, so the friends don't feel left out :P It's actually my partner's birthday the day before the wedding so we have the perfect excuse to invite people over without anyone suspecting anything and just casually wave our wedding rings in everyone's face :P

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Seriously, since when do we act like adults?!

Post by zazthespaz »

Im disappointed that in all the time Tigra's been gone, we've only added 20 pages. Stop being productive and start slackin on here TABN.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Lotha
Colloquial

Post by Lotha »

We're all getting old, zaz.

There, that's the hard cold truth bomb of the day.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

It seems appropriate.

Post by gbruin »

Brownian motion. Let's talk about that.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

Tigra
Isolated

it's more appropriate.

Post by Tigra »

gbruin wrote:Brownian motion. Let's talk about that.
It brings only this to my mind:
Forget Brown. This is brownie. Yummy.

So I'd suggest we leave things as they were. So let's keep discussing the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything.
Lotha wrote:We're all getting old, zaz.
Poor you two...

Lotha, your wedding plan sounds like great fun and your friends will be surprised as hell :lol

Tigra
Isolated

Post by Tigra »

Myles will be here with Slash (or Slash with Myles actually) on Feb 12th… The show will be over 200 km away from here which means 3hrs drive. A year ago it wouldn’t be a problem but now… We would need overnight accommodation which is additional expense on top of tickets and gas… It also means we’d have to ask our parents to take care over the kids… I know, there’s a saying: if you want to, you’ll find a way and if you don’t want to , you’ll find a reason… So it seems I’m finding my reasons now. Have I lost my momentum?..

Merinda
Sig Queen

Post by Merinda »

Hey all.

Good to see some of the ladies still active on here as well as the regular chaps.

Lotha, wtf, I didn't know you were getting married, congratulations! :hug

Waiting for my RAH package to arrive, been sitting in customs for 4 days. Humbug.

I bloody wish MK and co or Tremonti would tour Australia/NZ. Myles does two UK and US tours and then he's off with Slash for who knows how long. I'm a little bitter. Oh well. It's expensive, I'm sure. Who knows how beneficial it would be for him but it still stinks for us over here. I'd give my left foot to see his YOTT tour live. :/

Anyways... :)

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Merinda wrote:Hey all.

Good to see some of the ladies still active on here as well as the regular chaps.

Lotha, wtf, I didn't know you were getting married, congratulations! :hug

Waiting for my RAH package to arrive, been sitting in customs for 4 days. Humbug.

I bloody wish MK and co or Tremonti would tour Australia/NZ. Myles does two UK and US tours and then he's off with Slash for who knows how long. I'm a little bitter. Oh well. It's expensive, I'm sure. Who knows how beneficial it would be for him but it still stinks for us over here. I'd give my left foot to see his YOTT tour live. :/

Anyways... :)
Hey Min! Nice to see you around here :wave :peace I just got my RAH package today :rockon Watching it now! :D I'm just waiting for my A Dying Machine novel now.

I wish they would tour Canada :lol We're neighbours and they still dont want to visit :/ :lol

Merinda
Sig Queen

Post by Merinda »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote: Hey Min! Nice to see you around here :wave :peace I just got my RAH package today :rockon Watching it now! :D I'm just waiting for my A Dying Machine novel now.

I wish they would tour Canada :lol We're neighbours and they still dont want to visit :/ :lol
Hi Shea! Aweeesome enjoy :D

Maybe coz you guys are so close they think you can just come and see them? lol I dunno.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Hello Merinda. I think the fact that AB was able to do a standalone Australia/NZ tour in 2017 is a miracle in its own self. If Myles or the Tremonti band is coming to Australia, it's going to be most likely going to be either a packaged tour or a festival set.

But enough about that, how are you doing?