The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Talk about anything and everything here.
zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: I'd search "rules" but that's a bad idea in a rock forum

Post by zazthespaz »

abw1987 wrote:
Tigra wrote:
abw1987 wrote::lol First time in ages I've been called into the randomness thread.
Is there a forum rule which says it's forbidden to quote a mod in here?
Surely you've seen rule 15?
Wait, where did the rules go?
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Re: The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Post by One Drew Remains »

We don't need no friggin rules.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

gbruin
MEGLADONG

It wasn't even a triplane.

Post by gbruin »

Tigra wrote:Omg, three questions one by one and my friend has a theory that gyus answer the last one only. Perhaps the fact I addressed them to 3 different people will help.

And what is the Wrights and the biplane post about? Apart from the Wrights and the biplane...
Damn, I tried the search function but couldn't find the original quote. It was years back on one of the earlier versions of TABN and so maybe it's buried in the archives. The gist was some people were talking about the greatest bands of all time and someone mentioned the Beatles. Someone else responded that the Beatles just didn't do it for them as, compared to today's music, the Beatles music was simple and not very interesting and not worthy of inclusion in a discussion of the greatest bands ever. To this, one of the original diehards of this place, it might have been evyllsummer (or maybe her BF/spouse?), responded with an absolutely brilliant rant on how denying the historical relevance of the Beatles by comparing them to the styles of music to day was stupid, and then made the genius analogy about how it was like someone saying the Wright brothers were worthless because we're flying Space Shuttles around the Earth these days and all the stupid Wrights built was a fucking biplane.

I can't do the quote justice but it's still one of the funniest and smartest things I've heard someone say in my life. I still laugh whenever I see a biplane.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Re: It wasn't even a triplane.

Post by TenaciousBe »

gbruin wrote: Damn, I tried the search function but couldn't find the original quote. It was years back on one of the earlier versions of TABN and so maybe it's buried in the archives. The gist was some people were talking about the greatest bands of all time and someone mentioned the Beatles. Someone else responded that the Beatles just didn't do it for them as, compared to today's music, the Beatles music was simple and not very interesting and not worthy of inclusion in a discussion of the greatest bands ever. To this, one of the original diehards of this place, it might have been evyllsummer (or maybe her BF/spouse?), responded with an absolutely brilliant rant on how denying the historical relevance of the Beatles by comparing them to the styles of music to day was stupid, and then made the genius analogy about how it was like someone saying the Wright brothers were worthless because we're flying Space Shuttles around the Earth these days and all the stupid Wrights built was a fucking biplane.

I can't do the quote justice but it's still one of the funniest and smartest things I've heard someone say in my life. I still laugh whenever I see a biplane.
I thought there used to be a link to the archive of the old forums around here somewhere, but I'm not seeing it. Maybe one of the mods can dig it up? That does sound like a very Chris/Stacy thing to rant about. :lol
Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.

Tigra
Isolated

Post by Tigra »

abw1987 wrote:
Tigra wrote:Is there a forum rule which says it's forbidden to quote a mod in here?
No, only the First Amendment and Catch 22. That was more than enough, wasn't it?
If it says it's forbidden to quote a mod here, I'm deliberately violating it again.
Last edited by Tigra on Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tigra
Isolated

Re: It wasn't even a triplane.

Post by Tigra »

gbruin wrote:I can't do the quote justice but it's still one of the funniest and smartest things I've heard someone say in my life. I still laugh whenever I see a biplane.
Yeah, that was smart :lol

Tigra
Isolated

Post by Tigra »

I visited my parents yesterday. My mum hanged some pictures on the wall and guess what I found:

They are sitting there even at my parents' apartment!

In the evening my significant other was opening a bottle of beer. Then came to me, showed the opener and said: the piece is broken, I did it all myself.

That was too much for my poor heart for one day (particularly because he had spilled precious beer!) but at least it reminded me why I married him in the first place :lol

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

Tigra wrote:
abw1987 wrote:
Tigra wrote:Is there a forum rule which says it's forbidden to quote a mod in here?
No, only the First Amendment and Catch 22. That was more than enough, wasn't it?
If it says it's forbidden to quote a mode here, I'm deliberately violating it again.
Blast! You've foiled me.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

My granda on my moms side just passed away today :(

Ascend may you find no resistance
Know that you made such a difference
All you leave behind will live to the end
The cycle of suffering goes on
But memories of you stay strong
Someday I too will fly and find you again

Tigra
Isolated

Post by Tigra »

Oh God, I am so sorry :(
There is never good time for that but pre-Christmas time seems to be the worst of all...
It hurts right now but I'm sure that with time the pain will be washed away by gratefulness and memories of time you had together. My grandma passed away 1,5 year ago and it stopped hurting only recently. Now I am thankful that she was a part of my life and I can see a lot of her in me. But this will come as time will pass on...
Stay strong :(

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

Thoughts to you and all your family, Shea. :hug

Lotha
Colloquial

Post by Lotha »

So sorry, Shea :( :hug
Photobucket is responsible for my lack of signature today.

TABN Discord: https://discord.gg/sGXRGZ

Tigra
Isolated

Post by Tigra »

abw1987 wrote:
Tigra wrote:
abw1987 wrote:
If it says it's forbidden to quote a mode here, I'm deliberately violating it again.
Blast! You've foiled me.
It's because I'm scared to death when you're around. Your nickname is the Polish abbreviation for Internal Security Agency and you know what they can do :shifty
[whispers suspiciously] They make people disappear...

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Sorry, Shea. Know that's tough anytime, especially so around the holidays.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Naughty might have been an upgrade

Post by gbruin »

Overnight shifts tonight, tomorrow, and Christmas Eve.

I think I would have preferred just finding coal in my stocking.

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

I’m 23, right? Ok. So last week, my best friend and his wife had a baby, little (lol she’s like 10 lbs) Emma. First one of my actual friends to have a baby, and I was the Best Man at this wedding only a little over a year ago.

I have a second set of married friends; one whose wedding I was the minister for only six months ago. Taisha and Austin, they’re both awesome.

My best friend, Pat’s, baby arrived last Friday. Within a week, my friends Austin and Taisha told me that they are expecting a child as well.

So, two sets of married friends. One with a child, the other expecting a child. I haven’t been on an actual date in over two years. Am I...am I doing something wrong, or just doing life slower than they are?

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Re: *masturbation joke

Post by Timotheus »

Children and marriage are for life. No need to rush ahead. I'm exactly the same. I think the 20-something years are really important for self-discovery* and building character. I'd rather do that on my own opposed to being defined as part of a couple or by a love interest.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

Yeah. Live at your own pace, man. I got married at 21. But we enjoyed each other, and didn't have our first child for five years. Everyone is different.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

It's not something to worry about. I'm 25 and not married. My brother just got married at 28. You have to live life at your own pace. Do what interests you while you're single because the responsibilities of having a family will take away a lot of your free time. I've been in weddings for friends too that got married in their early 20s, so I know how it feels. But you're not doing anything "wrong" by any means.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

abw1987
Blood Machines

Re: Naughty might have been an upgrade

Post by abw1987 »

gbruin wrote:Overnight shifts tonight, tomorrow, and Christmas Eve.

I think I would have preferred just finding coal in my stocking.
That's rough! Appreciate what you do man.