The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Talk about anything and everything here.
zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: I wonder if that relates to his guitar playing...

Post by zazthespaz »

Myles has some feminine handwriting.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Tigra
Isolated

Re: The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Post by Tigra »

abw was wondering about the same
abw1987 wrote:how in touch do we think Myles is with his feminine side? :D
http://www.thealterbridgenation.com/for ... 80#p194019

But you can't be so gender-biased. To help you get a neutral standpoint, I transcribed the lyrics for you:
[verse]
In the year of dear Tigra, I’m gonna tell to her face
How good it is she finally came to this crazy place

Her professional comments about music’n’sound
Make us all want to hang with her around

/chorus/
In the cold wintertime
We never knew at what she will be having fun
High heels and Winnie Pooh
Her awkward stories just mess up under the roof

[verse]
She knows no limits or fear at all
She dared to comment on some members being old

She craved for some fame just like nahaa
So she’ll forever stay in our grateful hearts
Last edited by Tigra on Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

Amazing that he would write his title track about you. Perhaps you should have accompanied me to that AB show, lol.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

Tigra
Isolated

Post by Tigra »

Quoted myself, lol, do you need any more proof of my overweening ego? :lol

Yeah, Drew, I definitely should have :D btw. does your wife enjoy AB as you do or does she go with you to shows just to accompany you?

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

:lol First time in ages I've been called into the randomness thread. How's everyone doing?

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

She enjoys them casually. And she can sing along to most of the songs. She's enamored with Mark too, which doesn't hurt my chances of seeing every show within 4 hours.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

abw1987 wrote::lol First time in ages I've been called into the randomness thread. How's everyone doing?
We're trying our best to keep this place civilized in a mod-free zone. But I'll tell ya, Cameron can be out of control sometimes and we just let him ramble on.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Stephen King ain't got nothin on me.

Post by zazthespaz »

One Drew Remains wrote:She's enamored with Mark too, which doesn't hurt my chances of seeing every show within 4 hours.
Who isn't?!
Andy92 wrote:
abw1987 wrote::lol First time in ages I've been called into the randomness thread. How's everyone doing?
We're trying our best to keep this place civilized in a mod-free zone. But I'll tell ya, Cameron can be out of control sometimes and we just let him ramble on.
If by "ramble on" you mean, keep everyone in line, I agree. Which reminds me of the time I was a hall monitor in the 5th grade. I manned the kindergarten section at the end of the day, and let me tell you, those fuckers are the elementary school equivalent of ISIS. Each day was a battle. Mom would drop me off in the morning, kiss me goodbye as I hid tears in my eyes, unsure if I'd survive the onslaught of booger-faced 5 year olds, stampeding past me like my name was Simba and they were a herd of wildebeest. Sure I was bigger and had the law on my side, but none of that means shit for a kid who can't understand the concept of basic hygiene. The year started out ok, typical first week of school excitement; happy anxiety of seeing friends again, meeting new ones, trying their best to not tear holes in their "new school year" outfits, but by the end of week two, it'd become a living hell. The minimal respect I'd once held had evaporated like a cool Capri-sun on a September sun blacktop and all the orders I gave fell on deaf ears. Who am I kidding, deaf ears would've been ideal to the shit I put up with, my orders seemed to have the opposite effect. With each shoe I instructed to tie, another seemed to come undone. Each kid I told to stop running only sped up. Each kid I told to stop picking their nose, a snot infested hand ended up on me. 5 weeks I put up with this, each night waking up screaming, dealing with the horrors I'd seen each afternoon. To make matters worse, I'd sometimes pass by some of the worst kids in the hall, and they'd tease me with quick snide glances. Ironia Elementary, a school that gave me so many wonderful friends and memories, quickly became my 7th level, the pen from which horrible stories were written. Anyway, at the end of the five weeks, my homeroom teacher realized she mixed up the names and put the hall monitor badge on the wrong desk and I didn't have to do it anymore.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

WTF happened to Alter Blade?
Altered:

gbruin
MEGLADONG

That post about the Wrights and the biplane is tough to beat though

Post by gbruin »

Tigra wrote:I found the first draft of the lyrics to "Year of the..."

Forget Ozzy and his "Mama". I want this to be sung on my funeral!
Perhaps my favorite post in the history of TABN.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Nevermore...has never been such a sad word.

Post by gbruin »

Absolutely gutted over the passing of Warrel Dane. What an unbelievable voice and catalog of music.

Thank you, Warrel. R.I.P.

:no :( :mope
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

Tigra
Isolated

Post by Tigra »

abw1987 wrote::lol First time in ages I've been called into the randomness thread.
Is there a forum rule which says it's forbidden to quote a mod in here?

Tigra
Isolated

Post by Tigra »

One Drew Remains wrote:She's enamored with Mark too, which doesn't hurt my chances of seeing every show within 4 hours.
Doesn't it hurt your feelings? :lol

Tigra
Isolated

Post by Tigra »

zazthespaz wrote:Which reminds me of the time I was a hall monitor in the 5th grade.
[... ]
Ironia Elementary, a school that gave me so many wonderful friends and memories, quickly became my 7th level, the pen from which horrible stories were written.
Did you visit Timo at work? :shifty

Tigra
Isolated

Post by Tigra »

Omg, three questions one by one and my friend has a theory that gyus answer the last one only. Perhaps the fact I addressed them to 3 different people will help.

And what is the Wrights and the biplane post about? Apart from the Wrights and the biplane...

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Has anyone noticed that whenever a new thread is started, there is someone that is a first-time poster that underlines everything they say and how they say it makes me think that they are a bot?

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

anguyen92 wrote:Has anyone noticed that whenever a new thread is started, there is someone that is a first-time poster that underlines everything they say and how they say it makes me think that they are a bot?
Hmmm I wonder what you’re referencing...

Tigra
Isolated

Post by Tigra »

My guess would be this because I have the same feeling :lol
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=2785#p194725

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

zazthespaz wrote:
Who isn't?!
Andy92 wrote:
If by "ramble on" you mean, keep everyone in line, I agree. Which reminds me of the time I was a hall monitor in the 5th grade. I manned the kindergarten section at the end of the day, and let me tell you, those fuckers are the elementary school equivalent of ISIS. Each day was a battle. Mom would drop me off in the morning, kiss me goodbye as I hid tears in my eyes, unsure if I'd survive the onslaught of booger-faced 5 year olds, stampeding past me like my name was Simba and they were a herd of wildebeest. Sure I was bigger and had the law on my side, but none of that means shit for a kid who can't understand the concept of basic hygiene. The year started out ok, typical first week of school excitement; happy anxiety of seeing friends again, meeting new ones, trying their best to not tear holes in their "new school year" outfits, but by the end of week two, it'd become a living hell. The minimal respect I'd once held had evaporated like a cool Capri-sun on a September sun blacktop and all the orders I gave fell on deaf ears. Who am I kidding, deaf ears would've been ideal to the shit I put up with, my orders seemed to have the opposite effect. With each shoe I instructed to tie, another seemed to come undone. Each kid I told to stop running only sped up. Each kid I told to stop picking their nose, a snot infested hand ended up on me. 5 weeks I put up with this, each night waking up screaming, dealing with the horrors I'd seen each afternoon. To make matters worse, I'd sometimes pass by some of the worst kids in the hall, and they'd tease me with quick snide glances. Ironia Elementary, a school that gave me so many wonderful friends and memories, quickly became my 7th level, the pen from which horrible stories were written. Anyway, at the end of the five weeks, my homeroom teacher realized she mixed up the names and put the hall monitor badge on the wrong desk and I didn't have to do it anymore.
Holy shit

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

Tigra wrote:
abw1987 wrote::lol First time in ages I've been called into the randomness thread.
Is there a forum rule which says it's forbidden to quote a mod in here?
Surely you've seen rule 15?