The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Talk about anything and everything here.
Tigra
Isolated

Re: The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Post by Tigra »

Lotha wrote: What's everyone been doing?
You can read it all about us here so better tell us what you've been doing :)

Lotha
Colloquial

Post by Lotha »

Been trying to get a job as an ESL teacher. 75% of the recruiters for these companies don't even know basic English and I'm almost sure they use Google Translate. It hasn't been going well so far.

These past few months have been pretty forgettable.
Photobucket is responsible for my lack of signature today.

TABN Discord: https://discord.gg/sGXRGZ

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Re: Ghost of Gurthie Gone By

Post by Timotheus »

Further proof that we all need more TABN in our lives. Remember the golden days? With innocence we'd glide beneath the stars.

Sucks, Jana. Glad to see you around though :)
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Lotha
Colloquial

Post by Lotha »

When's that new AB dvd coming out?

Tigra
Isolated

Post by Tigra »

Lotha wrote: Perks of being female, you can squeeze a boob whenever you feel like it.
Something is certainly wrong with me as I don't find it entertaining.

Tigra
Isolated

Post by Tigra »

Lotha wrote:When's that new AB dvd coming out?
According to Mark, hopefully in spring.

And what about that recruitment processes? Did they tell you why they picked up sb else? It can't be about your knowledge obviously, then what? Experience? Salary?

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Tigra wrote:
Lotha wrote:When's that new AB dvd coming out?
According to Mark, hopefully in spring.
Yeah, even though life always changes, at least there's always one constant...We never really know when the new AB DVD is coming out.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Tigra
Isolated

Post by Tigra »

Lotha, you need to take into consideration that Mark recently is not the most reliable source of information ;)
He was the first to mention RAH and then they killed the news.
He was the one who said somewhere that they hoped to release the RAH DVD before Christmas but they changed their minds later on.

So this:
Andy92 wrote:We never really know when the new AB DVD is coming out.
is 100% true.

Lotha
Colloquial

Post by Lotha »

Tigra wrote: And what about that recruitment processes? Did they tell you why they picked up sb else? It can't be about your knowledge obviously, then what? Experience? Salary?
Well as it stands, I get invited for an interview, which is when one of the following happens:
a) they never respond to actually schedule it
b) we have the interview, they say they are going to let me know and then take weeks to actually let me know.

I'm actually still waiting for results of a few interviews, and I kinda don't wanna send any more applications to other companies because I'm sick to death from interviewing (and being overly qualified for most of these schools) and because I keep thinking I may get an answer soon.

All the while days are dragging and of course no salary in sight yet. I don't understand what's taking so long. And even when they don't like you for some reason or think you're not the best fit, literally no one will tell you that straight, so I'm not sure if ignoring me is just another strategy to make me give up on them (other than coming up with dumb reasons as to why they won't hire you).
Tigra wrote:Lotha, you need to take into consideration that Mark recently is not the most reliable source of information ;)
He was the first to mention RAH and then they killed the news.
He was the one who said somewhere that they hoped to release the RAH DVD before Christmas but they changed their minds later on.

So this:
Andy92 wrote:We never really know when the new AB DVD is coming out.
is 100% true.
Yeah, last time I was here I saw those "out by Christmas" speculations, which is why I was asking. We all knew that ain't happening though :D

Tigra
Isolated

Post by Tigra »

Maybe start calling them? That's what I would do if waiting was too long. Without excusing yourself - just a simple question (zaz :D) - I participated in a recruitment process and would like to know the results.
It's probably not too likely but they might have lost your phone number - btw. does it work?

And you're specifically interested in working as a ESL teacher only? Here fluent English is quite an asset on the labor market, especially for the position of an assistant/reception desk employee, etc. Even if it's not your dream come true, it might be a good start and at least an interim solution.

When I was applying for my first job, I sent exactly 30 CVs.
When I was looking for job no. 2 a couple of years later, after maternity leave part I and part II, after getting unemployed, suprisingly 3 CVs were enough. I suppose employers prefer people with at least some professional experience.

Lotha
Colloquial

Post by Lotha »

The recruitment is through email/Skype, but yeah, I've already sent follow-ups. Nothing to do now but wait.

I thought it would be easiest to get an ESL teaching job quickly since I already have experience and the income is more reliable than freelance writing. I guess it's just a rough period. I've been shooting from all my guns recently, writing, editing, teaching, but have yet to score a job anywhere. Neither of those is anywhere close to a dream come true though, but as long as it pays the rent...

AHart96
Rise Today

Post by AHart96 »

Shooting/directing a music video for the first time tomorrow, very excited and nervous at the same time :cheers can’t wait to share with you all
Rock Never Dies

Thanks for the sig Don Harry!

Lotha
Colloquial

Post by Lotha »

AHart96 wrote:Shooting/directing a music video for the first time tomorrow, very excited and nervous at the same time :cheers can’t wait to share with you all
Ohhhh exciting! Good luck, I hope everything goes well.

Tigra
Isolated

Post by Tigra »

Lotha wrote:I guess it's just a rough period.
Yeah, probably the best time for this kind of job search is around June - August. I know it doesn't help at all but I really hope you'll find something sooner than later. Good luck!
AHart96 wrote:Shooting/directing a music video for the first time tomorrow, very excited and nervous at the same time :cheers can’t wait to share with you all
Good luck to you as well!

You both youngsters, go and conquer the world! :) :cheers

Lotha
Colloquial

Post by Lotha »

Thank you Tigra! :hug
How have you been doing, by the way?

Tigra
Isolated

Post by Tigra »

I’m fine, thank you.

Such questions prove that the only thing I’ve done recently is wasting my time ‘cause I did nothing special, I just lived my ordinary life ;) The older I get the more I realize that life is actually about wasting time ;) with some highlights in between like weddings, crazy trips, changing apartments, new kids, great shows and so on.

So generally, I had some interesting challenges at work, fought some diseases (scarlet fever!) at home and had to listen to some unwanted comments from my family (a friend of mine says no one will ever cut you to the quick like your own mum and spouse – and she’s sooooo right! I’d just add your siblings to that :lol).

Now I’m in the process of preparing to Christmas, buying gifts, decorating the house, baking small gingerbread cookies. Like a perfect housewife ;)

And what have you been doing?

Lotha
Colloquial

Post by Lotha »

Tigra wrote:I’m fine, thank you.

Such questions prove that the only thing I’ve done recently is wasting my time ‘cause I did nothing special, I just lived my ordinary life ;) The older I get the more I realize that life is actually about wasting time ;) with some highlights in between like weddings, crazy trips, changing apartments, new kids, great shows and so on.
Same, and the older I get, the more I like it that way - boring and uneventful, one could say, but... definitely something to be desired when life gets hectic as it often does.
Tigra wrote:So generally, I had some interesting challenges at work, fought some diseases (scarlet fever!) at home and had to listen to some unwanted comments from my family (a friend of mine says no one will ever cut you to the quick like your own mum and spouse – and she’s sooooo right! I’d just add your siblings to that :lol).
Oh boy don't I know it. Recently my brother told me to change my FB profile pic because I look "creepily unlike" myself. And I thought I was pretty. LOL
Scarlet fever! That looks... unpleasant, to say the least. I've been fortunate enough never to catch it.
Tigra wrote: Now I’m in the process of preparing to Christmas, buying gifts, decorating the house, baking small gingerbread cookies. Like a perfect housewife ;)

And what have you been doing?
Haha, sounds nice. I can almost smell the cookies and feel all that Christmas spirit. :cloud9
I'm enduring a prolonged family visit (in addition to unsuccessful job hunting), but fortunately winter always makes me less miserable and more inspired, so I've been working on my writing like crazy too.

Tigra
Isolated

Post by Tigra »

zaz, since you're here, how is your perfect housewife-ism going?

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: #mondays

Post by zazthespaz »

All 7 kids are always hungry and never want the same thing for dinner, husband works late and when he’s home he barely talks to me, washing machine is on the fritz, and someone has been drinking from my secret flask of schnapps and replacing it with water so I can’t even get a buzz off of that anymore.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Lotha
Colloquial

Post by Lotha »

Snow White is that you?