The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Talk about anything and everything here.
Tigra
Isolated

Re: The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Post by Tigra »

One Drew Remains wrote:mad walnut money
:lol can't help imagining that :lol

Buy whatever you wish to, you truly deserve it ;)

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

Thanks, lol. I'm trying to decide weather to get more pedals for my board, or save long term for a second guitar. I have the Amber sunburst LTD EC 1000, and I really like the Koa top one too. Since PRS doesn't do lefties, I like supporting ESP, because they do.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

Tigra
Isolated

Post by Tigra »

You're a leftie? I am as well. I've never played any guitar (or any other instrument for that matter) but always wondered whether it is really easier to have it "mirrored" so you can play with the left hand or to learn to play it with your right hand. There are some things that I had to learn to do with my right hand (use scissors or crochet) - because either there were no lefty tools or nobody who could mirror the operations.

I do, however, play air guitar and do it with my left hand ;)

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Lol. I tried righty, and just can't. Put up my first video today, messing with my Andy Timmons overdrive.

Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Oh, you weren't playing Stairway? And you put it online anyway? Yeah right.

Post by zazthespaz »

I'm a leftie too! MOM?! DAD?!
I, however, adapted to society and do most things with my right hand - sports, guitar/violin, computer mouse. Although I'll eat and brush my teeth with my left.

Drew, that was the worst fucking cover of Stairway to Heaven I've ever heard.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: just been playing it for myself in the mirror...

Post by zazthespaz »

Tigra wrote:Look, this is how our flag looked like:

And how the action looked like :) Myles's reaction is about 2:40 - he's basically speechless ;)

That's pretty funny! Sounds like a good show, got some good songs too! Time to go look up these vids of Shed My Skin, I haven't seen any of these recent live vids...
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

All right, time for my recalling of the Breaking Benjamin concert, yesterday.

Knowing how great my experience was at the Halestorm concert, last Friday, it was pertinent that this concert experience would be just as great, even better, so that maybe I can consider making going to House of Blues concerts a regular thing. Well, knowing how empty the parking lot of the fourth floor of the Gardenwalk, I knew I had to get there as quick as possible. Managed to get in line at around 5:45 (the doors did not open until 7:00). I was closer in line to the doors than the last time I was in line that was a good start. Was behind a nice young couple that was at the last Breaking Benjamin show at the old House of Blues Anaheim, last year. They actually thought that they may have been at the wrong place given the new location of the HOB, but I manage to clear that up to them. Saw plenty of people eat out from this nearby vintage-like burger restaurant called Johnny Rockets. I should probably get something from there one day. Maybe, if there is a concert on a weekend.

As per usual, I looked around to see what kind of other band shirts people were wearing. Saw some Shinedown, FFDP, Slipknot, Rise Against, A7X, even Black Stone Cherry. Unfortunately, no AB (one day, one day). Anyway, I got into the venue at around 7:15. Went to a machine to validate my parking. That bloody machine ate my ticket and I need that so that I can get a cheap parking fee after the show. Thankfully, a staff helped out and sorted everything (took about five minutes) and I got my validated parking ticket. Found a great spot behind the rail behind the soundboard (similar spot to the Halestorm concert, but directly behind the rail). I noticed that at this point, the floor was almost half-empty (like the Halestorm concert), and I just come to the realization that if anyone wants to be closer on the floor, they would make the dedication and effort to get a spot there early. However, for me, I just did not want to be on the floor and was content at my spot behind the soundboard (which was still a great view). Then, we had to wait for about an hour (there were no opening bands, just Breaking Benjamin themselves) before the show began and before you know it, around 8:00, the floor was packed.

At around 8:25, it was showtime and the band came out to massive applause. Ben Burnley started the night saying, he does not usually say something before the music kicks in and wants everyone to have a great time and have their troubles go away during the show, and then they started off with So Cold. Afterward, they played Angel's Fall, Sooner or Later, and Blow Me Away and everyone was having a blast singing along for almost every bit of that. Then, Ben had a story about him being in Billy Corgan's house and how Corgan wrote a part in the next song, Follow and finished playing the songs from We Are Not Alone with Simple Design. They then played the following three songs from Dark Before Dawn (Ashes of Eden, which sounded very f'en beautiful, Never Again, and Failure). The crowd really came alive (and it was already a great crowd) when they started playing Breath though. They played the entire set, acoustically, but it was a loud show, but it had a nice clear sound and the band was rocking the whole time and so did the crowd. I didn't even needed earbuds for it. Sure, there were times Ben Burnley sounded a bit high-pitched in the in-between song banter and it was not like he sounded like helium like Myles did.

Afterwards, they played two covers, which I am thankful for, since I, and the crowd, probably needed to catch their breath after singing along for the most of the show. They played a song from one of their guitarists, Keith Wallen, called Face in the Light and it did sound like a Breaking Benjamin-esque song. Ben Burnley does not hide the fact that he loves and is influenced by the 90's rock music (Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Soundgarden, Pumpkins, Deftones, even Korn) which makes a nice segue into them playing Alice in Chains' Down in a Hole.

They, then, played one of my favorite Breaking Benjamin songs from my favorite album of theirs, Dear Agony. Give Me A Sign. Man, I didn't think they would play that one, they omitted that one for the most part of the Dark Before Dawn tour and of course, it sounded great and people liked it. Afterwards, they went with the big hits, Polyamorous, Until the End, Evil Angel (that was a nice gem to hear as well), and I Will Not Bow (which again, the crowd really went crazy for in particular) to close the main set.

After a five minute break, the band came out, with some VIP fans I presume standing near them, and closed the show with their signature song, The Diary of Jane (which naturally got the biggest reaction of the show).

I mean, yeah, only about 90-95 minutes they played and I was not too pleased spending nearly $60 on a ticket (thanks, Ticketmaster/Live Nation, you monsters). Would I want another hour more of them? Of course, I wouldn't mind hearing more from say Dear Agony or Dark Before Down or even Saturate (I even saw a setlist from setlist.fm where they played Home on the first show of this leg and they dropped it. I would have loved to hear them play Home). Overall, the concert was great, the crowd was fantastic, and, at least, I was glad to get out at around 10:00 for the following reason.

When I turned my validation ticket, I was charged only $6 for parking. Sweet baby Jebus. Was there for 4.5 hours and got charged $6 for parking? I will take that any day.

Overall, I was very happy in my second time alone at the House of Blues. Wouldn't mind going to that venue more often if bands I like played there. I probably would go to somewhere like Johnny Rockets or Cheesecake Factory before getting in line at the right time if it was on a weekend.

As stated yesterday, I hope AB can play there one day. Wouldn't have to struggle to get good parking, good spot in line, good view. Sound quality would be the only main concern and hoping that Myles does not sound like he was on helium would be great.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

It was a horrible cover of Stairway for sure.
Altered:

Tigra
Isolated

Post by Tigra »

One Drew Remains wrote:Lol. I tried righty, and just can't. Put up my first video today, messing with my Andy Timmons overdrive.
Oh.
My.
God.

The sound of that guitar sent shivers up and down my spine!

And Drew, was it cold when you were playing that? :shifty

Tigra
Isolated

Re: who are you, stranger?

Post by Tigra »

zazthespaz wrote:I'm a leftie too! MOM?! DAD?!
I, however, adapted to society and do most things with my right hand - sports, guitar/violin, computer mouse.
TRAITOR!!!

But I'm using mouse with my right hand as well, simply because most of the keyboard shortcuts are located on the left side of the keyboard (Ctrl + A, S, Z, C, X, etc.). This freaking world has been designed for righties... Even brooms are tailored for them...

And hey, you, what have you done to zaz? So many words in these posts and almost no nasty comments?!?! Where is he???
BRING - HIM - BACK!

Tigra
Isolated

Post by Tigra »

anguyen92 wrote:As per usual, I looked around to see what kind of other band shirts people were wearing. Saw some Shinedown, FFDP, Slipknot, Rise Against, A7X, even Black Stone Cherry. Unfortunately, no AB (one day, one day).
They’re saving their best t-shirts for exceptional shows, don’t want them to get worn out ;)

It is really amazing how much you remember from the shows. I barely can remember the AB setlist, not to mention the sequence of songs.
Thx for the extensive review :)

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Thanks, Tigra. Loving my tone right now. And yes, its been cold here. I'd slow dance with you, but the nips might cut you, lol.
Altered:

Tigra
Isolated

Post by Tigra »

Want to bet? I'm a tough daughter of the Slavs ;) (said I, wrapped up in a blanket, sitting safely on a couch thousands kilometers away from the USA :lol)
Anyway +100 points for you for getting what I meant :P
I re-listened to your recording a couple of times at home and the guitar still sounds so good...

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Thanks. I appreciate that. It's taken a while. But I'm closing in on 3 years playing, and love just riffing out. Learning more about gear and dialing in tone all the time. Can't say enough how I love the gear I have.
Altered:

Tigra
Isolated

Post by Tigra »

It must have taken not only "a while" but also a lot of hard work, practising and determination. Congrats :)
When are you finally going to have the Guitar Clinic? You still want to wait with it?

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: glad someone else commented on Drew's nip.

Post by zazthespaz »

Tigra wrote:
zazthespaz wrote:I'm a leftie too! MOM?! DAD?!
I, however, adapted to society and do most things with my right hand - sports, guitar/violin, computer mouse.
TRAITOR!!!

But I'm using mouse with my right hand as well, simply because most of the keyboard shortcuts are located on the left side of the keyboard (Ctrl + A, S, Z, C, X, etc.). This freaking world has been designed for righties... Even brooms are tailored for them...

And hey, you, what have you done to zaz? So many words in these posts and almost no nasty comments?!?! Where is he???
BRING - HIM - BACK!
Am I known for nasty comments?! Momma will be so upset! And how do you tailor a broom for righties?! It's a stick! :lol
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Yeah. I'm waiting until next tour cycle before I play in front of Mark Tremonti. I'd be so nervous.
Altered:

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Oops. Double post.
Altered:

Tigra
Isolated

Re: you can always count on me

Post by Tigra »

zazthespaz wrote:Am I known for nasty comments?! Momma will be so upset! And how do you tailor a broom for righties?! It's a stick! :lol
So it seems you momma has more worries than just your nasty behavior. Have you ever used a broom (apart from flying of course)?

It’s not just a stick. It’s a stick with a thread at the end. Depending on the hand you use when sweeping, you either screw it in or unscrew it slightly. When I sweep up, I often find myself holding the stick only while the brush lies on the floor because I keep on unscrewing it a little with each move. Which is a clear message to me that I should immediately stop what I’m doing and have some rest :D
Last edited by Tigra on Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tigra
Isolated

Post by Tigra »

One Drew Remains wrote:Yeah. I'm waiting until next tour cycle before I play in front of Mark Tremonti. I'd be so nervous.
Next AB tour cycle or next Tremonti tour cycle? If the latter, then it might be very soon :)
Does he do the Guitar Clinic on his own tours at all?