The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Talk about anything and everything here.
gbruin
MEGLADONG

Signs, signs, everywhere there's signs.

Post by gbruin »

It's more than a sign. It's an adorable little kitten with the same name as AB's most epic song in your hand at the same time you are looking for a kitten.

If you ignore fate and put him back the world will come to an end. Or Florida, at least.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Re: The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Post by anguyen92 »

And I got the ticket to see Breaking Benjamin. $45 + a $13 fee. Go f yourselves Live Nation/Ticketmaster. I wouldn't pay these prices for most bands, but I would for Breaking Benjamin.

Just three days after seeing Halestorm. This going to be a fun week. I think stone sour is also playing Anaheim hob as well around that period, but I do not like them enough to see a live show

Tigra
Isolated

Post by Tigra »

One Drew Remains wrote:Sounds better if you sing it Manson style instead of Eurythmics.
Fish Tacos wrote:Image
I'd sing it in any manner you please just to have them looking at me that one time in my lifetime (even with the 'wtf' on their faces :lol)

Tigra
Isolated

Post by Tigra »

AHart96 wrote:So apparently Hurricane Irma is now being projected to turn and come right through my city and state, how much impact is still unknown for a few days. Matthew did a lot of damage to us last year and this is apparently gonna be a lot worse. Might be making a visit to family up in New York for a few days if we end up needing to evacuate
Stay safe... and good luck.
Hope it finally turns out not to be as intense as they say...

Tigra
Isolated

Post by Tigra »

Fish Tacos wrote:Gurl I've been in Isolation and you make me wanna Rise Today and Come to Life. Some girls are into that Ties That Bind and White Knuckles stuff but I Know it Hurts. I just wanna wake up in the morning and Watch Over You and smell your Coeur D'Alene after you wear one of my sweatshirts. Show Me a Sign if you're feeling this too before I Cry a River, because I can see The Writing on the Wall. Those other girls have me Losing Patience but you, You Will Be Remembered. So what do ya say? Open Your Eyes and Find the Real.
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

And regarding the cat - is it accompanied with a broomstick?

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

After this post, I'm only two more posts away from 8,000. Been at this forum for over five years (well, technically, since 2010 as more of a lurker). Where does the time go?

Tigra
Isolated

Post by Tigra »

anguyen92 wrote:After this post, I'm only two more posts away from 8,000. Been at this forum for over five years (well, technically, since 2010 as more of a lurker). Where does the time go?
It slipped away somewhere between lost opportunities, missed chances, lonely nights, empty days, fruitless efforts and pointless regrets. As usual.

;)

gbruin
MEGLADONG

I guess I'll start looking behind the couch.

Post by gbruin »

Tigra wrote:
anguyen92 wrote:After this post, I'm only two more posts away from 8,000. Been at this forum for over five years (well, technically, since 2010 as more of a lurker). Where does the time go?
It slipped away somewhere between lost opportunities, missed chances, lonely nights, empty days, fruitless efforts and pointless regrets. As usual.

;)
Well that doesn't exactly narrow it down any for me.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Well that's where all the commas went.

Post by gbruin »

8,000 posts and 16,349,622 commas...Early congrats, angy! See zaz for how to dress up your milestones.

Tigra
Isolated

Re: wanna play hide & seek?

Post by Tigra »

gbruin wrote:
Tigra wrote:

;)
Well that doesn't exactly narrow it down any for me.
OK, here's a special edition for you: that time is magically captured in all those happy moments with family, in smiles of your beloved ones, cold mornings and hot nights, somewhere between greatest holidays with wine you were drinking straight from the bottle under the starry sky, dancing in the rain, job offer and kisses you hoped for yet didn't expect.

Sounds better now? ;)

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

For me, it's mainly been spent looking for lost pens.
For all of the hope that it brings...

Tigra
Isolated

Post by Tigra »

Ubik wrote:For me, it's mainly been spent looking for lost pens.
Since you are a bachelor daddy, I'd rather think you tend to look for lost condoms.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

In Search of Lost Condoms doesn't have quite the same Proustian ring to it. Maybe better in French.
For all of the hope that it brings...

Tigra
Isolated

Post by Tigra »

What about Beckettian spirit in 'Waiting for Condom'? It also has something to do with the concept of time...

Omg, I have a vague feeling it's going in the wrong direction :facepalm :lol

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

Only sailors wear condoms, baby.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

All right, then. Where do I want to begin? 8,000th post.

Wow. Been here since 2010 as a kid in his final year of high school. Since then, I went through a lot. Failing the first year of college and getting academically DQ'ed. Attempted and failing to make it as an online poker player. Managed to find a major I love in accounting and ended up getting a bachelors degree and probably want to go for CPA. I managed to bury the hatchet with a long-time friend and then that disintegrated about a year later where there are now three songs I can reflect to with regards to that relationship (AB's Fortress, Stone Sour's Dying, and now Ed Sheeran's Happier). The Los Angeles Kings have won two Stanley Cups. I moved to another county and new city near Anaheim, after 25 years in my only home. Landed a temp job, playing World of Warcraft again, loving life now.

All of these events has happened while I am a frequent poster of this forum. I started being a member because I wanted to see what holds for the future of AB back then since Creed was back and Myles was starting to work with Slash. Naturally, the future became clear when Isolation and the rest of AB III came out. It's a funny thing. People sometimes gripe about AB's sound in the 2010s, but those particular albums, as I've gone through life in the above paragraph, really relate well to me and I'll defend those albums to the bone since those albums hold just as much meaning to me as ODR and Blackbird and I can look at the lyrical content of AB III, Fortress, and The Last Hero and relate well to them when it comes to real life.

Lastly, I want to commend everyone that has ever posted in this thread. You guys have given a lot of things to talk about and we can have fun talking about and I want to say thank you for letting me be a part of this.

Furthermore, we should have a lot of things to get excited about here when it comes to Alter Bridge in the upcoming weeks. Them coming to South America for the first time, another Europe tour, them playing Royal Albert Hall with an orchestra, and possibly another US tour to close out the year. It's our time to get excited again, we should get hyped for it.

Anyway, thank you for anyone that had read all of this stuff above. I appreciate it.
Last edited by anguyen92 on Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: when do poster's kids start posting?

Post by zazthespaz »

KEV DID IT!!!! :cheers to another 8,000 more!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Lotha
Colloquial

Post by Lotha »

Ayyyyyyy congrats Kevin, 8k is a nice milestone.

Did I just call you Kevin? zaz has been a bad influence on me.
Photobucket is responsible for my lack of signature today.

TABN Discord: https://discord.gg/sGXRGZ

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

The new job is exausting me mentally. It doesn't help that I had 28 hours of training time before they turned me loose. I'll get there.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

This might honestly be the best rap video I've ever heard