The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Talk about anything and everything here.
Tigra
Isolated

Re: The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Post by Tigra »

Fish Tacos, thanks for the update.

Well, honestly speaking, I am not surprised. It was obvious that a guy like him (may his name be forgotten) would sooner or later start oppressing everybody who is not a white heterosexual man… It’s really puzzling why leaders like him (we have the same type of guy) want to interfere in all spheres of our existence and tell us how to live our lives.

On the other hand, it’s amusing how the oppressed (in this case the person you are talking about) are able to find a way to trick the system. At the same time deeply saddening that they have to do it to function somehow.

A former friend of mine used to be a lesbian which in itself is a very difficult thing here. She migrated to Sweden and lived a happy life there but we lost contact around that time. Her birthday is in April so I texted her asking how she is, etc. and it turned out that she had realized she is transsexual. She is happy with it, being a very active participant of the LGBTQ movement (even delivered a speech in front of the UN Human Rights Council). I am fully with her and I tried to text her back expressing my support and you can’t imagine what torture it was not to use any personal pronouns, verb endings, etc. that would suggest gender in my language (a verb itself tells you the person & tense). Finally I was happy with what I created so I pressed “send” only to discover two or three wrong suffixes, damn it… Now she advocates the right of transsexual people to declare their gender without any need to undergo treatment, surgery, etc. If I’m correct, she succeeded in Canada – they changed the legislation so you only need to visit a physician or a psychologist to get a conformation from them and it is a sufficient basis to be officially recognized as F/M. I wonder whether it will ever be applied anywhere else apart from the Scandinavia.

We must admit, however, that army is a very stiff structure, very traditional, where everything is fixed, described in procedures, etc. It might be actually difficult to handle such cases - which of course is not an excuse. If you want it, you’ll find a way. If you don’t – you’ll find a reason.

Tigra
Isolated

Post by Tigra »

One Drew Remains wrote:Doctor doctor, please. Oh, the mess I'm in.
It's only just a moment,
She's turnin' paranoid.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

Oh I love it. I didn't expect anyone to catch that reference. 500 points to you, Tig Tig.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Has anyone have that dream where you are taking a college course and your grade is based on one big project that takes up the whole course and you realize that you have one week left in the course and you have nothing done? I feel like I have that dream fairly often, even though I was pretty good on track on my projects.

AHart96
Rise Today

Post by AHart96 »

anguyen92 wrote:Has anyone have that dream where you are taking a college course and your grade is based on one big project that takes up the whole course and you realize that you have one week left in the course and you have nothing done? I feel like I have that dream fairly often, even though I was pretty good on track on my projects.
I've done that before in real life. Scary shit
Rock Never Dies

Thanks for the sig Don Harry!

gbruin
MEGLADONG

All of you! -- Get off my lawn!

Post by gbruin »

zazthespaz wrote::lol we are in so much trouble next time he logs in :lol
That would be now.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: RUN AWAY!

Post by zazthespaz »

gbruin wrote:
That would be now.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Lol. I'm right there with you on old man status, Greg. You're not alone.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

Tigra
Isolated

Post by Tigra »

One Drew Remains wrote:Oh I love it. I didn't expect anyone to catch that reference. 500 points to you, Tig Tig.
Happily accepted :lol
I will lose them anyway sooner or later for my inappropriate comments…
I must admit, however, that the quote you picked fits so well :lol
One Drew Remains wrote:Lol. I'm right there with you on old man status, Greg. You're not alone.
I’m hot on your heels!

Tigra
Isolated

Post by Tigra »

anguyen92 wrote:Has anyone have that dream where you are taking a college course and your grade is based on one big project that takes up the whole course and you realize that you have one week left in the course and you have nothing done? I feel like I have that dream fairly often, even though I was pretty good on track on my projects.
It seems to be a quite typical type dream when you think about sth intensively and are not sure what the results will be – like dreaming about your soon-to-happen wedding and realizing that you walk down the aisle in ordinary clothes :lol Pretty scary… Such dreams make me freak out even more.

AHart – but doing it in the real life… Wow, respect, man :lol

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

Tried to capture the Lagoon Nebula this weekend but it took me longer to acquire it than I thought it would. Long story short it went behind a treeline before I could get enough of it. Should be a big red badass but I only got 15 mins when I was hoping for 2 hours. I haven't done much processing on it at all, but I still thought it was cool enough to share.

When I hit the treeline I captured about 90 mins of the Dumbbell Nebula instead. Green stars = awful processing so I really need to look up a better workflow and learn how to suck less but again the initial result of the nebula itself still looks pretty neat.

Last edited by Fish Tacos on Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

Crap, quoted myself instead of clicking edit

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Dibs on the first star you discover being named "zaz"

Post by zazthespaz »

Awesome! Looking forward to more!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

gbruin
MEGLADONG

...get the cow...

Post by gbruin »

zazthespaz wrote:
gbruin wrote:
That would be now.
Ah. The Holy Grail. All is forgiven, zaz. :hug :lol

Little known trivia: my former band's first name was Fetchez la Vache, from the line in the scene with the Frenchies and the castle and the cow. We ended up changing it because we had to explain it all the time.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: or enough emotional investment to buy either.

Post by zazthespaz »

gbruin wrote:
zazthespaz wrote:
gbruin wrote:
That would be now.
Ah. The Holy Grail. All is forgiven, zaz. :hug :lol

Little known trivia: my former band's first name was Fetchez la Vache, from the line in the scene with the Frenchies and the castle and the cow. We ended up changing it because we had to explain it all the time.
You've told me that before! You didn't need to change the band name, just needed to play to a more cultured audience!

Question for your smart people that we've been debating outside of the boards: If you take a box fan (square shaped fan) and put it a quarter of an inch away from the wall, will the air that comes out be cooler than if it were placed further from the wall? Logic:
- By putting the fan close to the wall, you are compressing the incoming air by limiting the space it can enter
- Air cools down when it expands
- By forcing the air to compress and then expand, by my logic, it should be cooler than a fan placed in the center of the room for example

Counter logic:
- Whatever Andy says.

I would try this myself, but I don't have a square fan or thermometer to measure the temperature.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

Trying to figure out why there are so many photobucket casualty sigs on here. Did you guys actually lose the files or is only hotlinking broken? If it's the latter just use imgur and you're back in action!

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

I actually play prefer the final round of French taunting. I quoted it at a Holy Grail midnight madness showing, and won free coconuts. My daughter banged them together anytime they were "riding."
Altered:

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: being king though, he taxed me 50% of my candy...

Post by zazthespaz »

Fish Tacos wrote:Trying to figure out why there are so many photobucket casualty sigs on here. Did you guys actually lose the files or is only hotlinking broken? If it's the latter just use imgur and you're back in action!
They want you to pay to show on other websites now... :rolleyes
One Drew Remains wrote:I actually play prefer the final round of French taunting. I quoted it at a Holy Grail midnight madness showing, and won free coconuts. My daughter banged them together anytime they were "riding."
:lol "KIN-NIGGIT" My friend and I went as King Arthur and Patsy one year for Halloween. I followed him around town clapping coconuts as he rode an invisible horse door to door. I think that was our last year trick-or-treating. Good one to go out on :lol
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

:shifty
Photobucket cash grab.

Tigra
Isolated

Post by Tigra »

zaz, it’s the same kind of theory as the one with making a perpetual motion machine using a cat. In theory it works so go ahead.