The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Talk about anything and everything here.
One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Re: The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Post by One Drew Remains »

Also that I don't break out into Come to Life or Poison in your Veins as I'm prone to do.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: "Alle- nope. Not doing this one."

Post by zazthespaz »

Good luck Drew! My dad and I used to play guitar at our church, normally with a piano on lead. One time it was just us and we both forgot to remove our capos for a song, so we ended up doing the Alleluia about 2.5-3 steps higher than normal and nobody was able to sing along. Egg on our face moment but nobody cares and we laughed about it right after.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

That's hilarious. I bet Myles couldn't sing that high. I work with our worship leader, and he gave me the songs for Sunday. I've practiced them to the point where I am adding embellishments​ to them. So it'll all be good.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

I got the gig! We played 5 songs. 3 modern, and a couple of old hyms, and I played better than I ever have. It was just me and the drummer. And I had to crank it loud to be heard. But it was fun, and I'm playing music.
Altered:

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Congratulations, Drew! :cheers
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Thanks man. It feels good playing to more than four walls.
Altered:

Micky
On The Rail

Post by Micky »

Gabby, my girlfriend, and I got our apartment last week! She will be moving in there sometime in the next few weeks while I finish up school and then I will be heading out there as soon as the semester is over. So happy to say that her and I are taking that next step in our life together.

Anybody got any advice on how to live with your significant other? My uncle said "buy ear plugs, smile and nod" :lol
Thanks Andy!

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

A friend slept on my couch for a few days after she broke up with her BF and had no place to live a few weeks ago. I guess being in love with this person helps, because I was not and it sure drove me crazy in the end.

So glad for you both :cheers
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

It went great! I went from someone they were a little unsure about to being asked back to play during communion service.

About three songs in, I started singing and had no idea I could do both. I feel like this is my part in the church. It was great.
Altered:

Lotha
Colloquial

Post by Lotha »

Micky wrote: Anybody got any advice on how to live with your significant other? My uncle said "buy ear plugs, smile and nod" :lol
Spend time with each other. I know it sounds dumb, but before you lived together, you went on dates, or got together simply to spend some time in each other's company. Now you'll always be in each other's company, but that doesn't mean you'll actually be paying attention to one another. Especially if you two have different obligations and schedules. So, you know, have some time during the day that's special, just for the two of you.

On the more practical side, there will always be stuff around the house that one of you does more often than the other. (Like, I almost never take out the trash, but then my BF almost never cleans the bathroom. Also, most often I cook, while he buys groceries. Stuff like that. You'll want to do everything together in the beginning, but don't expect that to last - divide and conquer is a better approach when it comes to keeping the household.) So make sure to pick your favorite tasks early! Hahah, no, scratch that. What I mean is that it will take some time to adjust to each other's habits and you'll find out if you complement each other well.

I'm happy for you, son *sheds a proud tear*
Photobucket is responsible for my lack of signature today.

TABN Discord: https://discord.gg/sGXRGZ

AHart96
Rise Today

Post by AHart96 »

About to make the drive to Orlando with my twin for his wedding gift. NXT Takeover tomorrow night and Wrestlemania on Sunday night! Gonna be a much needed weekend away :D :peace
Rock Never Dies

Thanks for the sig Don Harry!

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Have fun, bro!

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Re: Didn't even get croissants

Post by gbruin »

Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: (insert witty catchphrase here when I think of it)

Post by zazthespaz »

gbruin wrote:
They didn't make a single Star Wars reference! It's just some guy in a Vader suit complaining about Doctor's Day! I'd much prefer a video of Greg ranting. Turn it into a weekly series where Greg spends 3 minutes ranting about a topic and making the world agree with him, and then one minute reviewing a rock/metal song.

That post sort of wrote itself as it happened. The more I think about it, the more I think it should happen. Just need a cool catchphrase/tagline.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

My son turns 12 tomorrow. Taking five of us paint balling today. Hope I survive.
Altered:

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

Praying to tha lawd above I get this legal internship in Denver. Holy balls. Greg you swing all your connections and good graces my ways please.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Was just playing the chords to Wonderful Life, and my Wife walks into the room and starts humming it. I feel like I've definitely turned the corner guitar wise. But you can never stop learning.
Altered:

Lotha
Colloquial

Post by Lotha »

My country chose another 5 years of darkness on the presidential election today. It breaks my heart to say this but I'm really going to leave if the preliminary results turn out to be true. I think this moment is an all time low for me when it comes to life in general,when it comes to questions such as where I'm gonna live, what I'm gonna do. All I know is I can't stay here much longer. I feel uprooted and betrayed.

I know a lot of you guys felt similar when Trump won. Just imagine Trump winning and no media being allowed to say anything but great stuff about him, and 2m people with IQ under 90 voting for him. When it comes to dictatorship we're getting close to Turkey and North Korea, and it can only get worse. I just... I don't know what to say or write anymore. We had a chance to change something and I really hoped we would. There's nothing left of my proud people that not so long ago could win heroic battles and live to fight another day - only cowards and fucking bootlickers. I'm sick of it all, sick and tired to the bone - and I'm only 24. I can't let this God forsaken hole of a country eat another 5 years of my life.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

Lotha wrote:My country chose another 5 years of darkness on the presidential election today. It breaks my heart to say this but I'm really going to leave if the preliminary results turn out to be true. I think this moment is an all time low for me when it comes to life in general,when it comes to questions such as where I'm gonna live, what I'm gonna do. All I know is I can't stay here much longer. I feel uprooted and betrayed.

I know a lot of you guys felt similar when Trump won. Just imagine Trump winning and no media being allowed to say anything but great stuff about him, and 2m people with IQ under 90 voting for him. When it comes to dictatorship we're getting close to Turkey and North Korea, and it can only get worse. I just... I don't know what to say or write anymore. We had a chance to change something and I really hoped we would. There's nothing left of my proud people that not so long ago could win heroic battles and live to fight another day - only cowards and fucking bootlickers. I'm sick of it all, sick and tired to the bone - and I'm only 24. I can't let this God forsaken hole of a country eat another 5 years of my life.
Believe it or not, I've learned that the best solution is to simply wait for this generation of boomers to die. That's it. They, almost universally, turn out better on election day than later boomers/millennials.

You feel betrayed for damn sure. Especially when 100% of the arguments for the candidate you dislike (Trump, in this instance) just have no logical or evidential connection backing those opinions up. You feel betrayed by what you feel to be idiocy. But this lunacy counts in the ballots the same as you. So as depressing as it sounds, you just gotta wait for them to just leave.

I don't think it warrants leaving the country unless you find that there are better pastures out there. What you said about the media is exactly what Trump is TRYING to do, but won't be successful at doing it. The checks and balances that works both in politics and cable television is actually saving us right now, even though they can probably be attributed to this mess in the first place. None of Trump's policies have really taken off yet, except for repealing climate change orders. If this continues into 2018, I'm certain that this will serve as a brutal wake up call, and Democrats/moderates will take over Congress.

The problem is here, you're fighting with a double edged sword. I live in Texas, which is notoriously a Trump-favored state. If I go public with my complaints, instead of putting together a logical counter-argument, the two responses I'll get is 1) "stop being such a snowflake." or 2) "he won the election. He's your president. Get over it." Instead of listening and addressing each other's concerns, it's almost like they think that the work is complete. Their mission was accomplished, and now that he's president, whatever he does is great! Except it's not. He has the lowest approval rating since the last Republican President. He has the lowest approval rating in his first 100 days of office... EVER. It's been objectively bad. But some people will stick with their man no matter what, which is fine. But it isn't difficult for others to see that you are a sheep. If you can't address normal concerns of your fellow citizens, and your only response is to tell them to shut up, you are a sheep who doesn't know better. And that is absolutely destroying us right now. That is exactly what Trump is trying to do to our media. Anyone who says anything critical will be put down. It's immature, cowardly, and rubs off on his sheep.

So I understand you completely.

Lotha
Colloquial

Post by Lotha »

AB23 wrote: Believe it or not, I've learned that the best solution is to simply wait for this generation of boomers to die. That's it. They, almost universally, turn out better on election day than later boomers/millennials.
It crossed my mind more than once. But people over 60 have been choosing our fate for over 30 years now. My MOTHER is now over 60 and she's still a minority - she doesn't consume the regime media, doesn't believe a word that comes out of their mouths. She retired in December. Her monthly pension is barely 300 euros. There are people with less, and they still vote for this guy, even though he is the one who practically broke the Constitution (because screw that) and cut their pensions.
AB23 wrote:You feel betrayed for damn sure. Especially when 100% of the arguments for the candidate you dislike (Trump, in this instance) just have no logical or evidential connection backing those opinions up. You feel betrayed by what you feel to be idiocy. But this lunacy counts in the ballots the same as you. So as depressing as it sounds, you just gotta wait for them to just leave.

I don't think it warrants leaving the country unless you find that there are better pastures out there.
What's been happening is that SMART people are leaving. We're at a disadvantage because we're not as big and rich and influential as America, we don't have the checks and balances system (only on paper), and normal people are finding it harder and harder to work and feed their families. Literally, it's come to that. All our doctors are leaving for Germany because they can't get a job here - or if they do, their pay is miserable. (On the side of patients, that means having to wait fucking 4 months just to get a Pap smear done, to give you an example.) Programmers? Gone to Scandinavia. If you have a profession that's wanted abroad, you're leaving, there's no thinking about it, especially now.
AB23 wrote:What you said about the media is exactly what Trump is TRYING to do, but won't be successful at doing it. The checks and balances that works both in politics and cable television is actually saving us right now, even though they can probably be attributed to this mess in the first place. None of Trump's policies have really taken off yet, except for repealing climate change orders. If this continues into 2018, I'm certain that this will serve as a brutal wake up call, and Democrats/moderates will take over Congress.
And THANK GOD he won't be successful. Be grateful every day. We're a living example of how media oppression can fuck you up. It's probably unimaginable to you, but there was no presidential debate before the election. Not only that, but people had the chance to see other TEN CANDIDATES only on one or two televisions that broadcast nationwide. It's insane. My countrymen are zombies. Literally zombies, watch the same guy on TV all day every day, with a sprinkling of reality shows.
AB23 wrote:The problem is here, you're fighting with a double edged sword. I live in Texas, which is notoriously a Trump-favored state. If I go public with my complaints, instead of putting together a logical counter-argument, the two responses I'll get is 1) "stop being such a snowflake." or 2) "he won the election. He's your president. Get over it." Instead of listening and addressing each other's concerns, it's almost like they think that the work is complete. Their mission was accomplished, and now that he's president, whatever he does is great! Except it's not. He has the lowest approval rating since the last Republican President. He has the lowest approval rating in his first 100 days of office... EVER. It's been objectively bad. But some people will stick with their man no matter what, which is fine. But it isn't difficult for others to see that you are a sheep. If you can't address normal concerns of your fellow citizens, and your only response is to tell them to shut up, you are a sheep who doesn't know better. And that is absolutely destroying us right now. That is exactly what Trump is trying to do to our media. Anyone who says anything critical will be put down. It's immature, cowardly, and rubs off on his sheep.

So I understand you completely.
The irony is that I don't know anyone who voted for this guy. ANYONE. I don't know anyone who thinks our country is doing great. People HATE his guts. But he has an army of voters, people who think he'll give them a job if they vote for him and his fucking party, or people who are being blackmailed that they would lose their jobs unless they vote for him, or people who have simply been bought for some vegetable oil, flour and 20 euros. That's how much a vote is worth. It makes me sick. I mean, Trump did win fair and square, which is atrocious, but it was fair and square. This was pure oppression.