The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Talk about anything and everything here.
Lotha
Colloquial

Re: The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Post by Lotha »

You never said that specifically but from everything you say it can be inferred that any group that disagrees with your way of thinking can basically go suck it - they're dumb, or they don't care about consequences, or other people, or whatever.

How would you know what a British pensioner cares about? If they didn't care, they wouldn't be voting. And why wouldn't they care about young people if they have grandchildren? Do you see my point? Blame the society and the political system for taking advantage of the uninformed, don't blame old people or young people or any other group. Everyone has a reason to vote for someone, or not to vote at all - we can debate whether we, personally, agree with that reason or not, but we should not dismiss it.

Yes, choosing Trump as president probably is misguided, if nothing than for the fact that he's sexist, misogynistic, racist and what not. But if that's who the majority of Americans choose to represent them, so be it. If the majority of Brits who voted that day want Brexit, so be it. If my people wanted to vote in shitty referendums to stick it to the powers-that-be then got buttfucked by the same powers, so be it. They certainly voted for that at the time, but were too misguided and blinded by divisions to know what they're, in fact, voting for. That's the real problem, not a certain portion of the population.
Photobucket is responsible for my lack of signature today.

TABN Discord: https://discord.gg/sGXRGZ

Blackbird
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Blackbird »

Lotha wrote:You never said that specifically but from everything you say it can be inferred that any group that disagrees with your way of thinking can basically go suck it - they're dumb, or they don't care about consequences, or other people, or whatever.
Nah, you're taking it too far. I happily accept other opinions. The exception is when things like racism happen.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

Have we lost our last hero?
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

Lotha
Colloquial

Post by Lotha »

Blackbird wrote:
Lotha wrote:You never said that specifically but from everything you say it can be inferred that any group that disagrees with your way of thinking can basically go suck it - they're dumb, or they don't care about consequences, or other people, or whatever.
Nah, you're taking it too far. I happily accept other opinions. The exception is when things like racism happen.
Fine. Your posts certainly don't scream "I accept other opinions", but I'll accept your opinion on how you think you come across to people and stop pursuing this discussion.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Re: As far as I'm aware

Post by Timotheus »

To be fair, Blackbird isn't running for president.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Blackbird
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Blackbird »

Lotha wrote:
Blackbird wrote:
Fine. Your posts certainly don't scream "I accept other opinions", but I'll accept your opinion on how you think you come across to people and stop pursuing this discussion.
I absolutely understand that I don't come across as tolerant when talking about this topic. Just wanted to let you know that it's not the same for other things. But yeah, I guess we've taken the discussion too far already. ^^

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

My point is that this is the kind of fuel to the fire that allowed Trump to win. Months and months of comments towards white, middle class Americans telling them they were racists, narcissists, xenophobic, deplorable biggots. (Clinton herself said half of Trump's voters were in the "basket of deplorables.")

You can't spread hate in one way to make the point that we should be more accepting of others. A lot of people showed up to the polls and voted for Trump because they're sick of the Washington elite, and quite frankly they were tired of hearing a major presidential candidate suggest they were only voting for Trump because of their closet racism.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Lotha
Colloquial

Post by Lotha »

Andy92 wrote: You can't spread hate in one way to make the point that we should be more accepting of others.
Exactly the point of everything I wrote.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

I get all that, especially the 'voting against the Washington elite' part, but I don't think it's the hate towards Trump fans that made half of the voters vote for Trump. It's mostly the Democrats fault for nominating the most 'establishment' candidate possible when people clearly were clearly sick of those kind of politicians. A flawed one at that as well.

If the Democrats get their shit together, the swing from the left will be huge. I think that's the best thing that will come from all of this.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I do agree the Dems nominated a terrible candidate for this general election. She's the poster child of the Washington elite. I think Sanders stood a better chance in the general, but a lot of us were saying that months ago.

Both parties could use an overhaul. It'll swing back to the left in 4-8 years though. That's generally how the US political cycle goes.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Violent Corpse
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Violent Corpse »

At least democracy gives people the right to fuck themselves if they so desire. Suicide is better than murder.

Hai-Soj
Brand New Start

Post by Hai-Soj »

Violent Corpse wrote:At least democracy gives people the right to fuck themselves if they so desire. Suicide is better than murder.
Missed you, VC

Violent Corpse
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Violent Corpse »

Hai-Soj wrote:
Violent Corpse wrote:At least democracy gives people the right to fuck themselves if they so desire. Suicide is better than murder.
Missed you, VC
The feeling is mutual. What drove you away and now what's brought you back? I never knew.

Hai-Soj
Brand New Start

Post by Hai-Soj »

Eh I posted something about taking a break from the place a while go so Jim thought it would be funny to ban me on the pretense of "well you aren't coming back anyways". I made a temporary account so i could congratulate him on his sense of humor but that got me perma banned. Looks like we got a new board though so I thought I'd pop in and see what's up.

Violent Corpse
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Violent Corpse »

Such a dick.

Lotha
Colloquial

Post by Lotha »

Honestly, I never knew why Josi was banned. It was before my time.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Wasn't it because he said "Fuck you, Ryan" in a sig after several warnings? Milos was the one that made a post about needing to "breathe again."
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Lotha
Colloquial

Post by Lotha »

Like I said, I have no clue. I remember Decay having a... disagreement with Jim, then leaving.

Hai-Soj
Brand New Start

Post by Hai-Soj »

Timotheus wrote:Wasn't it because he said "Fuck you, Ryan" in a sig after several warnings? Milos was the one that made a post about needing to "breathe again."
That was a separate time. I got a two week ban for that but took the sig down when i got back.
Violent Corpse wrote:Such a dick.
tbh I dont have any resentment, I only really come here for the banter in the first place and Jim has always been good for plenty of that. I think the problem is the mods start thinking im being serious so then they treat me seriously. It's only the interent, just here for a laugh

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Re: Fucking kids, we were

Post by Timotheus »

Oh right! I remember you talking about it with me on Facebook after you got banned.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.