The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Talk about anything and everything here.
Ryan
Blood Machines

Re: The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Post by Ryan »

anguyen92 wrote:So apparently, Ticketmaster settled a lawsuit and those that bought tickets from them within a certain time period got vouchers to free shows and discounts. I'm looking at the list of the shows and location that these tickets are eligible for and the Disturbed/Breaking Benjamin/AB/Saint Astonia shows is definitely on the list. The problem is that the nearest show is at Albuquerque, NM. If the Concord, CA show was there, I may have considered it. Dang.
i haven't really read up on this at all, but did see i have 10 vouchers (2 tix per voucher) and some discount vouchers as well. they're only eligible for certain events though? that's kind of lame.
Photobucket cash grab.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Ehhh, it comes down to, "Who am I to complain about an offer of free stuff?" imo, even if Ticketmaster does seem like it gets under people's skins sometimes with their pricing and fees.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

All right, I'm going to try something here. Something where I don't have to say imo in every post.

Alter Bridge is the best band ever heard and I don't want to hear otherwise.

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

What's the 2nd best band you've ever heard? 3rd best?

Could you name some band names or something?

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

Mass shooting in Germany movie theater. Early reports indicate 25-50 wounded. Looks like everyone's gonna have to swap out their facebook profile filters.

Violent Corpse
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Violent Corpse »

anguyen92 wrote:All right, I'm going to try something here. Something where I don't have to say imo in every post.

Dude you need to explore more music.

Violent Corpse
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Violent Corpse »

Fish Tacos wrote:Mass shooting in Germany movie theater. Early reports indicate 25-50 wounded. Looks like everyone's gonna have to swap out their facebook profile filters.
God these mass shootings have become a kind of norm the world over. I don't know what to say anymore. Insane :/

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Violent Corpse wrote:
anguyen92 wrote:All right, I'm going to try something here. Something where I don't have to say imo in every post.

Gee, the thing in green in my signature is sure not working out, yet. I explore enough more music as it is, and if you look at the list of the albums I've heard in 2016, thus far, some of the albums are quite different than what I would typically hear.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: *represent

Post by zazthespaz »

anguyen92 wrote:
Violent Corpse wrote:

Gee, the thing in green in my signature is sure not working out, yet. I explore enough more music as it is, and if you look at the list of the albums I've heard in 2016, thus far, some of the albums are quite different than what I would typically hear.
It's grammatically incorrect.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

I hope you're not expecting that thing in your signature to prevent people from debating their own opinions versus yours. :)
Last edited by Fish Tacos on Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Re: *represent

Post by anguyen92 »

zazthespaz wrote:
anguyen92 wrote:
Violent Corpse wrote:

It's grammatically incorrect.
Dang. All right, I'll take care of that now.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Dammit, now I can never disagree with Kev again :pout He's covered on all bases!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

The truth has been spoken.

Violent Corpse
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Violent Corpse »

anguyen92 wrote:
Violent Corpse wrote:

More quality music I mean.

White Limo is a good song, though.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

If you're referring to music of better quality: quality is subjective. Alter Bridge could have the best quality of music in someones opinion without having to be technically profient or a progressive rock band for example. They can still write better quality than stuff like that without expanding upon their very basic formula. They could write that kind of music and instantly Id prefer it over any other band that does it.

If you're referring to more music of the same quality as Alter Bridge; Then yeah that doesnt hurt. There's plenty of great bands out there obviously. You'd have to be crazy to just listen to ONE band 24/7

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Re: Everyone should know that sort of joy at least once

Post by gbruin »

gbruin's unrequested soccer update:

I took as many shots against Argentina as the entire USMNT put together.

The Portugal - Hungary game yesterday was really exciting. Diva7 really came through.

But that Iceland announcer - even Andres Cantor thought that was epic. Go Gummi.

Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

No "GOOOOOOOAAAAALLLLLL"?

:shifty

If we're talking about enthusiastic commentators of any kind, here's a good example.

https://streamable.com/3tkm?

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Sorry, Europe :(
For all of the hope that it brings...

vChris
White Knuckled

Post by vChris »

Fish Tacos wrote:Mass shooting in Germany movie theater. Early reports indicate 25-50 wounded. Looks like everyone's gonna have to swap out their facebook profile filters.
There were 30 - 40 hostages and according to some reports the guy shot 4 times in total. Police killed him before he could hurt anyone. I wouldn't describe that as mass shooting.

Still, I can't imagine going into an Ice Age movie and suddenly I am in the middle of something like that... crazy!

Violent Corpse
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Violent Corpse »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:If you're referring to music of better quality: quality is subjective. Alter Bridge could have the best quality of music in someones opinion without having to be technically profient or a progressive rock band for example. They can still write better quality than stuff like that without expanding upon their very basic formula. They could write that kind of music and instantly Id prefer it over any other band that does it.

If you're referring to more music of the same quality as Alter Bridge; Then yeah that doesnt hurt. There's plenty of great bands out there obviously. You'd have to be crazy to just listen to ONE band 24/7
Sure. It's just that I have known people in this forum (myself included) who thought Alter Bridge was the best thing in the world because we didn't know any better at the time. Not saying everyone is like that, of course.