The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Talk about anything and everything here.
User avatar
Ryan
Blood Machines
Posts: 29792
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:41 am
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

Re: The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Postby Ryan » Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:47 pm

anguyen92 wrote:So apparently, Ticketmaster settled a lawsuit and those that bought tickets from them within a certain time period got vouchers to free shows and discounts. I'm looking at the list of the shows and location that these tickets are eligible for and the Disturbed/Breaking Benjamin/AB/Saint Astonia shows is definitely on the list. The problem is that the nearest show is at Albuquerque, NM. If the Concord, CA show was there, I may have considered it. Dang.

i haven't really read up on this at all, but did see i have 10 vouchers (2 tix per voucher) and some discount vouchers as well. they're only eligible for certain events though? that's kind of lame.
Photobucket cash grab.

User avatar
anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator
Posts: 9321
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:31 pm
Location: California

Re: The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Postby anguyen92 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:02 am

Ehhh, it comes down to, "Who am I to complain about an offer of free stuff?" imo, even if Ticketmaster does seem like it gets under people's skins sometimes with their pricing and fees.

User avatar
anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator
Posts: 9321
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:31 pm
Location: California

Re: The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Postby anguyen92 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:17 am

All right, I'm going to try something here. Something where I don't have to say imo in every post.

Alter Bridge is the best band ever heard and I don't want to hear otherwise.

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er
Posts: 645
Joined: Fri May 09, 2014 1:36 am

Re: The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Postby cheesedip1 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:54 am

What's the 2nd best band you've ever heard? 3rd best?

Could you name some band names or something?

User avatar
Fish Tacos
Burn It Down
Posts: 2708
Joined: Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:52 pm
Location: noʎ puᴉɥǝq ʇɥƃᴉɹ

Re: The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Postby Fish Tacos » Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:57 am

Mass shooting in Germany movie theater. Early reports indicate 25-50 wounded. Looks like everyone's gonna have to swap out their facebook profile filters.
Image

User avatar
Violent Corpse
Hardcore TABN'er
Posts: 854
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:39 am

Re: The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Postby Violent Corpse » Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:48 am

anguyen92 wrote:All right, I'm going to try something here. Something where I don't have to say imo in every post.

Alter Bridge is the best band ever heard and I don't want to hear otherwise.

Dude you need to explore more music.

User avatar
Violent Corpse
Hardcore TABN'er
Posts: 854
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:39 am

Re: The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Postby Violent Corpse » Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:50 am

Fish Tacos wrote:Mass shooting in Germany movie theater. Early reports indicate 25-50 wounded. Looks like everyone's gonna have to swap out their facebook profile filters.

God these mass shootings have become a kind of norm the world over. I don't know what to say anymore. Insane :/

User avatar
anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator
Posts: 9321
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:31 pm
Location: California

Re: The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Postby anguyen92 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:16 pm

Violent Corpse wrote:
anguyen92 wrote:All right, I'm going to try something here. Something where I don't have to say imo in every post.

Alter Bridge is the best band ever heard and I don't want to hear otherwise.

Dude you need to explore more music.


Gee, the thing in green in my signature is sure not working out, yet. I explore enough more music as it is, and if you look at the list of the albums I've heard in 2016, thus far, some of the albums are quite different than what I would typically hear.

User avatar
zazthespaz
Kumar
Posts: 12696
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:12 am

Re: *represent

Postby zazthespaz » Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:12 pm

anguyen92 wrote:
Violent Corpse wrote:
anguyen92 wrote:All right, I'm going to try something here. Something where I don't have to say imo in every post.

Alter Bridge is the best band ever heard and I don't want to hear otherwise.

Dude you need to explore more music.


Gee, the thing in green in my signature is sure not working out, yet. I explore enough more music as it is, and if you look at the list of the albums I've heard in 2016, thus far, some of the albums are quite different than what I would typically hear.

It's grammatically incorrect.

User avatar
Fish Tacos
Burn It Down
Posts: 2708
Joined: Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:52 pm
Location: noʎ puᴉɥǝq ʇɥƃᴉɹ

Re: The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Postby Fish Tacos » Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:18 pm

I hope you're not expecting that thing in your signature to prevent people from debating their own opinions versus yours. :)
Last edited by Fish Tacos on Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image

User avatar
anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator
Posts: 9321
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:31 pm
Location: California

Re: *represent

Postby anguyen92 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:21 pm

zazthespaz wrote:
anguyen92 wrote:
Violent Corpse wrote:
anguyen92 wrote:All right, I'm going to try something here. Something where I don't have to say imo in every post.

Alter Bridge is the best band ever heard and I don't want to hear otherwise.

Dude you need to explore more music.


Gee, the thing in green in my signature is sure not working out, yet. I explore enough more music as it is, and if you look at the list of the albums I've heard in 2016, thus far, some of the albums are quite different than what I would typically hear.

It's grammatically incorrect.


Dang. All right, I'll take care of that now.

User avatar
Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle
Posts: 16226
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:52 am
Location: Belgium シ

Re: The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Postby Timotheus » Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:48 pm

Dammit, now I can never disagree with Kev again :pout He's covered on all bases!
Image

User avatar
SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON
Posts: 8299
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:27 pm
Location: TABN

Re: The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Postby SHEAKENBAKEN » Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:45 pm

anguyen92 wrote:All right, I'm going to try something here. Something where I don't have to say imo in every post.

Alter Bridge is the best band ever heard and I don't want to hear otherwise.

The truth has been spoken.
Image

SMKC - 7.18.2019

User avatar
Violent Corpse
Hardcore TABN'er
Posts: 854
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:39 am

Re: The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Postby Violent Corpse » Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:41 pm

anguyen92 wrote:
Violent Corpse wrote:
anguyen92 wrote:All right, I'm going to try something here. Something where I don't have to say imo in every post.

Alter Bridge is the best band ever heard and I don't want to hear otherwise.

Dude you need to explore more music.


Gee, the thing in green in my signature is sure not working out, yet. I explore enough more music as it is, and if you look at the list of the albums I've heard in 2016, thus far, some of the albums are quite different than what I would typically hear.

More quality music I mean.

White Limo is a good song, though.

User avatar
SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON
Posts: 8299
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:27 pm
Location: TABN

Re: The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Postby SHEAKENBAKEN » Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:47 pm

If you're referring to music of better quality: quality is subjective. Alter Bridge could have the best quality of music in someones opinion without having to be technically profient or a progressive rock band for example. They can still write better quality than stuff like that without expanding upon their very basic formula. They could write that kind of music and instantly Id prefer it over any other band that does it.

If you're referring to more music of the same quality as Alter Bridge; Then yeah that doesnt hurt. There's plenty of great bands out there obviously. You'd have to be crazy to just listen to ONE band 24/7
Image

SMKC - 7.18.2019

User avatar
gbruin
MEGLADONG
Posts: 7037
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:27 pm
Location: Highlands Ranch, CO

Re: Everyone should know that sort of joy at least once

Postby gbruin » Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:06 pm

gbruin's unrequested soccer update:

I took as many shots against Argentina as the entire USMNT put together.

The Portugal - Hungary game yesterday was really exciting. Diva7 really came through.

But that Iceland announcer - even Andres Cantor thought that was epic. Go Gummi.

Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

User avatar
anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator
Posts: 9321
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:31 pm
Location: California

Re: The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Postby anguyen92 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:30 pm

No "GOOOOOOOAAAAALLLLLL"?

:shifty

If we're talking about enthusiastic commentators of any kind, here's a good example.

https://streamable.com/3tkm?

User avatar
Ubik
Bachelor Daddy
Posts: 3777
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:12 pm

Re: The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Postby Ubik » Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:02 am

Sorry, Europe :(
And if you fall, at least you tried
As you tremble on the wire...

User avatar
vChris
White Knuckled
Posts: 215
Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 3:58 am

Re: The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Postby vChris » Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:04 am

Fish Tacos wrote:Mass shooting in Germany movie theater. Early reports indicate 25-50 wounded. Looks like everyone's gonna have to swap out their facebook profile filters.


There were 30 - 40 hostages and according to some reports the guy shot 4 times in total. Police killed him before he could hurt anyone. I wouldn't describe that as mass shooting.

Still, I can't imagine going into an Ice Age movie and suddenly I am in the middle of something like that... crazy!

User avatar
Violent Corpse
Hardcore TABN'er
Posts: 854
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:39 am

Re: The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Postby Violent Corpse » Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:27 am

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:If you're referring to music of better quality: quality is subjective. Alter Bridge could have the best quality of music in someones opinion without having to be technically profient or a progressive rock band for example. They can still write better quality than stuff like that without expanding upon their very basic formula. They could write that kind of music and instantly Id prefer it over any other band that does it.

If you're referring to more music of the same quality as Alter Bridge; Then yeah that doesnt hurt. There's plenty of great bands out there obviously. You'd have to be crazy to just listen to ONE band 24/7

Sure. It's just that I have known people in this forum (myself included) who thought Alter Bridge was the best thing in the world because we didn't know any better at the time. Not saying everyone is like that, of course.


Return to “General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest