The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Talk about anything and everything here.
zazisaspaz
On The Rail

Re: The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Post by zazisaspaz »

Why on earth would anyone ever crave a Bloody Mary? Ew. Haha sorry, not my drank at all. But I'm all about that JD Honey Smash at Friday's mmmmm :)

KEVIN!!!! I need your help and logged in here just for YOU! First off, hello! How is your autumn going so far? Second, how do you pronounce your last name? I have a student with the same last name and I need to call his parents but all year he has refused to tell me or his friends how to say his last name haha weirdo. I just want to make sure I pronounce it correctly with talking with his parents.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Well, I can't really type out how to pronounce it, but it's basically win or n-uyen. The g is silent. I can't be sure why in all my life.

zazisaspaz
On The Rail

Glad to hear you're doing alright... -_-

Post by zazisaspaz »

Okay I was thinking noo-en but now that there's two options I'm more confused ha! Thank you though!

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: like all inebriated ideas.

Post by zazthespaz »

zazisaspaz wrote:Why on earth would anyone ever crave a Bloody Mary? Ew. Haha sorry, not my drank at all. But I'm all about that JD Honey Smash at Friday's mmmmm :)

KEVIN!!!! I need your help and logged in here just for YOU! First off, hello! How is your autumn going so far? Second, how do you pronounce your last name? I have a student with the same last name and I need to call his parents but all year he has refused to tell me or his friends how to say his last name haha weirdo. I just want to make sure I pronounce it correctly with talking with his parents.
I don't know! I'm not even a big fan of them, it just sounds good in theory.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

The G is silent? Woah.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Timotheus wrote:The G is silent? Woah.
Flipped my life upside down.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

zazisaspaz wrote:Why on earth would anyone ever crave a Bloody Mary? Ew. Haha sorry, not my drank at all. But I'm all about that JD Honey Smash at Friday's mmmmm :)

totally agree. They're straight nasty drinks.

Violent Corpse
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Violent Corpse »

Are there any introverts here? Yesterday, my friend had a date and I went with him 'cause his date was coming with her friend, and she told him he could bring a friend with him too if he wants. So I agreed to go with him (I was the only single guy in the group, so it wasn't exactly a double date).

Now it's been more than 24 hours and the date has left me so mentally exhausted it feels like a hangover. My brain is still numb. I'm not a very social person, but I do like socialzing every now and then but I've never felt so drained before!

Anyone ever felt like this?

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Yes, I'm introverted as well. Habit is the key I think. If you don't socialize a lot for a long time, that one occasion will drain you. When I first starting playing music on the street I hated it when strangers started talking to me. Not really because I didn't enjoy it, but because I couldn't control and anticipate it. By now I kinda got used to it because I know what to say and how to act, but it's still tiring sometimes.

I like being social with friends, but I still like to control or anticipate the situation. I watch TV with my housemates every day for like an hour, and that's no problem for me at all because I know it will happen. But bumping into one of them in the kitchen, when I was expecting to cook alone will take its toll.

Big social situations are the worst of course. After parties I need to have that one day to recover, especially if there were a lot of strangers involved. I think that's the biggest reason why I don't go to parties a lot. Ironically I think I would be able to deal with it better if I went to them more often.

Sounds like it's really extreme with you at the moment though. Never had it this bad or even close to it?
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Violent Corpse
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Violent Corpse »

Timotheus wrote:Yes, I'm introverted as well. Habit is the key I think. If you don't socialize a lot for a long time, that one occasion will drain you. When I first starting playing music on the street I hated it when strangers started talking to me. Not really because I didn't enjoy it, but because I couldn't control and anticipate it. By now I kinda got used to it because I know what to say and how to act, but it's still tiring sometimes.

I like being social with friends, but I still like to control or anticipate the situation. I watch TV with my housemates every day for like an hour, and that's no problem for me at all because I know it will happen. But bumping into one of them in the kitchen, when I was expecting to cook alone will take its toll.
Haha. I'm glad I can relate so well to you.
Big social situations are the worst of course. After parties I need to have that one day to recover, especially if there were a lot of strangers involved. I think that's the biggest reason why I don't go to parties a lot. Ironically I think I would be able to deal with it better if I went to them more often.

Sounds like it's really extreme with you at the moment though. Never had it this bad or even close to it?
Yeah, you have it absolutely correct. You can call the date a "big social situation" for me because I've never met strangers like that before. So that's probably the reason why I've never felt it so bad as this time.

I actually feel like I have a fever. Might need another 48 hours before I can fully recover.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Hope you feel better soon. Watching TV shows and/or movies for a few days in solitary will probably do the trick ;)
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Violent Corpse
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Violent Corpse »

Thanks, Timo. I had originally intended to watch a movie today, but I'm so indisposed I'm not enjoying anything right now, lol. Gradually getting better with each passing hour, though.

Lotha
Colloquial

Post by Lotha »

When something drains you mentally it's not unexpected to feel bad physically...
I was away for 3 weeks and when I came home everyone wanted to see me and ask how it's been in Sweden and all that, and after seeing people for one week non-stop I felt kinda drained as well. Not that I didn't enjoy their company. I can't explain it well. It's been a month and I still don't crave social contact that much, I just don't feel the need to hang with people. :shrug
Photobucket is responsible for my lack of signature today.

TABN Discord: https://discord.gg/sGXRGZ

Violent Corpse
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Violent Corpse »

Thanks for talking about this guys. Glad to hear from people with same problems as me. :p

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Like a wise man once said:
abw1987 wrote:Introverts on an internet message board? Who would've thought!
Lotha wrote:When something drains you mentally it's not unexpected to feel bad physically...
I was away for 3 weeks and when I came home everyone wanted to see me and ask how it's been in Sweden and all that, and after seeing people for one week non-stop I felt kinda drained as well. Not that I didn't enjoy their company. I can't explain it well. It's been a month and I still don't crave social contact that much, I just don't feel the need to hang with people. :shrug
Yea, I have that too. It depends on the person(s) you're with of course, but long trips always end that way with me. I'm planning on traveling around Europe either in 2016 or 2017 for a few weeks on my own with my guitar, and I have a few friends who you just can't comprehend that I would do that on my own. It sucks that a lot of extroverts don't realize that not everybody operates the same way. Being extrovert somehow has become the norm.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Violent Corpse
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Violent Corpse »

Timotheus wrote:Like a wise man once said:
abw1987 wrote:Introverts on an internet message board? Who would've thought!
LOL. I had no doubt I'll find introverts here, it's just that I didn't expect you guys to have experienced similar health effects that I am currently experiencing...

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I used to hate being in public crowds, but for some reason my dream job was to become a teacher. I started out tutoring either one on one or in small groups since that was easier to handle. Then I got a job as a lab assistant so I was able to work alongside another professor that did the main lecturing. I work as a full time instructor at a college now, and I'm more comfortable in groups than I ever used to be. My advice based upon experience is to increase your social settings in small steps and build up to bigger events. If you go from laying on the couch and watching tv alone straight to a party with 50+ people, you will be shocked lol.

I still don't have a huge love for going to large social events even now though. I'm more comfortable in front of crowds, but I don't enjoy myself much when I go to a big social event. I think there's a difference between being comfortable with being somewhere and actually enjoying it.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

This gif really speaks to me, currently. I will take Timo's advice and use it as a signature. How do I get it to the proper size?

Edit: Problem solved. I found a smaller size of it. Looks all right. I will leave it up until Ryan tells me not to.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Nice, it's almost visible.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Guys, random question here. Have anyone here ever done a class where you got to do a business simulator with a group that deals with operating, marketing, financing, and developing a product?