The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Talk about anything and everything here.
anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Re: I love Canada/Canadians

Post by anguyen92 »

I don't know why you guys got to bag on Canadian bands. Is it because they are Canadian? What's wrong with that?

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Re: The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Post by Timotheus »

Yea, it's because they're Canadian.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Canada, Eh? Music about Maple Syrup and Hockey

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Timotheus wrote:Yea, it's because they're Canadian.
Wow! So a band sucks just because of their country of origin?! I'm surprised you'd think that way, Timo!
anguyen92 wrote:I don't know why you guys got to bag on Canadian bands. Is it because they are Canadian? What's wrong with that?
Nope; for me it just happens to be their sound. Three Days Grace (pre-matt walst) is Canadian and they were an awesome band. Rush is Canadian and their music is good, but I personally could never get into it.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Gave $5 to a supposed homeless person today. Probably could have gave him more; but it was my moms money and she told me to do it. Do you guys ever give change or just standard cash to people you see panhandling?

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Re: not towards shea's last post

Post by Timotheus »

:facepalm
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Re: not towards shea's last post

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Timotheus wrote::facepalm
I was wondering why you facepalmed to something like that and then I read the heading; so is it the 2nd-last post?

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

I <3 Canada
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Trelose
Loyal Follower

Post by Trelose »

Timotheus wrote:I <3 Canada
^This.

I got into rock 'cause of Rush and Bryan Adams.
I wanna rise today... And change this world...

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

I fucking love pancakes, I lather them in maple syrup, even when they have chocolate chips inside of them, so Canada is 'ight.

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

Just heard the new Nickelback single, wasnt too bad. I like how its not about sex or partying, and its heavier.
Thanks Timo!

AHart96
Rise Today

Post by AHart96 »

austinjhnsn wrote:Just heard the new Nickelback single, wasnt too bad. I like how its not about sex or partying, and its heavier.
Yeah, it was pretty decent. Definitely closer to their sound from the Silver Side Up days than they have in a long time, which is definitely good to hear. Feeling pretty positive about the new album at the moment, hopefully they stick with this and go back to their heavier sound for the majority of the album. Just stay away from the sex and partying filled lyrics and I'll be happy
Rock Never Dies

Thanks for the sig Don Harry!

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Re: Metallica=Nickelback=Heidi, Natalie, Millie, Lisa, Kim..

Post by gbruin »

AHart96 wrote:I don't hate them, I just hate what they've become. The Black album was an awesome album IMO and they've progressively gotten softer and poppier over the last two albums. Austin's right though, they put on an amazing show. Solid setlist, great crowd interaction, and pyro at the perfect moments, not to mention they sound good too. Hopefully they return to their old form this next album
We had this exact conversation about Metallica back in the 90's. Bands, like their members, evolve over time. Sometimes they migrate your way and sometimes they go the opposite (which sounds like a lot of girls I've known). It's not a reason for hate, just an indicator that it's time to move on. Because there are a lot of other great girls, I mean, bands, out there.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

AHart96
Rise Today

Re: Deep shit going on here

Post by AHart96 »

gbruin wrote:
AHart96 wrote:I don't hate them, I just hate what they've become. The Black album was an awesome album IMO and they've progressively gotten softer and poppier over the last two albums. Austin's right though, they put on an amazing show. Solid setlist, great crowd interaction, and pyro at the perfect moments, not to mention they sound good too. Hopefully they return to their old form this next album
We had this exact conversation about Metallica back in the 90's. Bands, like their members, evolve over time. Sometimes they migrate your way and sometimes they go the opposite (which sounds like a lot of girls I've known). It's not a reason for hate, just an indicator that it's time to move on. Because there are a lot of other great girls, I mean, bands, out there.
This is why you are the Wisest Member :bow I have definitely moved on from them, it's just that now that they have come back to my attention again, it brings back memories and feelings, hoping for things to go back to how we used to be
Rock Never Dies

Thanks for the sig Don Harry!

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Re: Metallica=Nickelback=Heidi, Natalie, Millie, Lisa, Kim..

Post by Andy92 »

gbruin wrote:
They sold out with Fade To Black! Those posers!
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Also, there's nothing wrong with conforming to a more mainstream sound. These guys once made the decision to become musicians, which is basically the most "stupid" decision you can make, because for young people there's almost no future in music, especially in rock music. If those guys are sellouts, what the hell are we?
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Timotheus wrote:Also, there's nothing wrong with conforming to a more mainstream sound. These guys once made the decision to become musicians, which is basically the most "stupid" decision you can make, because for young people there's almost no future in music, especially in rock music. If those guys are sellouts, what the hell are we?
I don't know why but the point you brought up reminds me of that speech by Wesley from Wanted which basically summed up to "what the fuck have you done lately?"

ThravRande
Burn It Down

Post by ThravRande »

So uh... hey. People. Sup?
Myles Kennedy wrote:I think you're as sharp as.... whatever's sharp.

ThravRande
Burn It Down

Post by ThravRande »

going good. Cleaned out my email box today and stumbled across my TABN activation email. I'd almost forgotten about this place....

In other news, my son, Myles Scott Henry, is due in 3 weeks.
Myles Kennedy wrote:I think you're as sharp as.... whatever's sharp.