EAT THE RUDE MAFIA - RESULTS ARE IN!

Talk about anything and everything here.
Inconquerable
Rise Today

EAT THE RUDE MAFIA - RESULTS ARE IN!

Post by Inconquerable »

EAT THE RUDE - MAFIA GAME

“If the Ripper is killing, you can bet Hannibal Lecter is planning a dinner party.”

Special Agent Will Graham has joined Jack Crawford’s FBI team to help to finally catch the famed Chesapeake Ripper. After being framed for a number of murders that he did not commit, Will Graham has been released from The Baltimore State Hospital for the Criminally Insane and is looking for revenge on the man he (correctly) believes to have framed him, and the man he believes to be The Chesapeake Ripper. That man is Hannibal Lecter.

Hannibal Lecter is a renowned psychiatrist who has also been previously investigated for, and exonerated of, the crimes committed by The Ripper. Will Graham believes that the reason there is no evidence tying Lecter to these crimes is because he is eating his victims, and it just so happens that Dr. Lecter is hosting a dinner party. With some moral - and some less than moral - guests invited, this could be the most intriguing dinner party that Dr. Lecter has ever hosted.

Upon entering Dr. Hannibal Lecter’s house, each guest is given a drink that is laced with mind-altering drugs, thus giving Dr. Lecter complete control over each of the guests. Though he does not directly influence the group with specific information, he has urged the guests to choose one person to kill every “day phase”. Once a majority decision is made, one dinner guest will be killed and the “night phase” begins, where the ripping begins.

1. Jack Crawford, the Agent-In-Charge of the Behavioral Science Unit of the FBI. Agent Crawford has been investigating The Chesapeake Ripper for a number of years and has perhaps more knowledge of the serial killer than anybody else. Agent Crawford believes that Will Graham’s accusations could be true, but without sufficient evidence, he cannot act on these suspicions. Agent Crawford can investigate one player during each night phase. The role of the player chosen will be revealed to Agent Crawford. [Cop]

2. Will Graham, an FBI profiler who is helping Jack Crawford on the Chesapeake Ripper case. Graham has immense empathy and is able to use that empathy, as well as his superior intellect, to catch criminals. As such, Graham can use his abilities to choose a player to reveal what their night action was, if any, but not the target of said action. This ability can be used once every night. The role of the player chosen will not be revealed, nor the results of the action, only the action that player took. The action will be revealed to Graham by the moderator after the night phase is over and the day phase begins. [Follower]

3. Dr. Bedelia Du Maurier, Hannibal Lecter’s psychiatrist. Though she retired, Dr. Lecter insisted on continuing his therapy with her. Dr. Du Maurier was the only person to believe that Will Graham was not The Chesapeake Ripper, and she believed his accusations against Hannibal Lecter. Fearing for her own life, she fled Baltimore after referring Dr. Lecter to another psychiatrist. But she received an invitation to Dr. Lecter’s dinner party, and it would be rude to not attend. We all know what Dr. Lecter does with the rude. Dr. Du Maurier is able to, through her incredible work, cure serial killers to become fully functioning members of the town, should she choose correctly. Dr. Du Maurier gets to pick one person during each night phase in her attempt to cure the serial killer. [Psychiatrist]

4. Miriam Lass, a student at the FBI Training Academy who was chosen by Jack Crawford to help with the Chesapeake Ripper case two years before Graham was brought in to consult on the case. Lass discovered that Hannibal Lecter was The Ripper, but Dr. Lecter kidnapped her and kept her in captivity for two years before he finally let her go in order to allow for Will Graham’s release. Due to the mind-altering drugs Dr. Lecter had given her, Lass was unable to identify Dr. Lecter as The Chesapeake Ripper. She is more determined now to find out who held her captive for so long, and is able to shoot one player of her choosing on one night only. [Vigilante]

5. Randall Tier, a former patient of Hannibal Lecter’s who is also a serial killer himself. He has built a hydraulic exoskeleton with a bear skull on the front that he uses to kill people. As revenge for almost having being killed by a man sent by Will Graham during his time in the Baltimore State Hospital for the Criminally Insane, Hannibal Lecter has gotten back in touch with Tier, however Tier is not aligned with Dr. Lecter or the FBI, he works alone. He kills one person, FBI or mafia, during every other night phase, and can only win if he is the last dinner party guest alive. [Independent - Serial Killer]

6. Abigail Hobbs, a presumed victim of The Chesapeake Ripper, who is actually still alive under Hannibal Lecter’s control. Hobbs’ father, Garret Jacob Hobbs, was The Minnesota Shrike, a serial killer who used his daughter to bait young girls who looked like her before killing them and “honouring” every part of them. Will Graham caught and killed Hobbs and took on a fatherly role in Abigail Hobbs’ life. After killing a man (Nicholas Boyle) herself, Hobbs accepted Dr. Lecter’s help to hide the murder and is now under his influence. Afraid to be found out for murdering Boyle, Hobbs will do whatever Dr. Lecter tells her to do, and is unable to be seen by Will Graham. [Mafia - Ninja]

7. Dr. Hannibal Lecter. Working with Abigail Hobbs, he will kill one attendee to his party until eventually, all of the guests are murdered, after which he and Abigail will go to Italy to hide out and avoid prosecution. Assuming, of course, that everything goes to plan. Why is he bringing everybody to his home to murder them? He just wants to see what will happen. His infamous mantra “Eat the Rude” might make you reconsider your choice to partake in the food at this particular dinner party. [Mafia Boss]

8. Any remaining players will be FBI Trainees without additional roles. Dr. Lecter loves to mess with the FBI. [Townies]

ADDITIONAL RULES

Borrowed from previous games, a “no vote” will be acceptable on the first day phase only. If the majority decide on a “no vote”, nobody will be lynched. Players may also choose not to use their night phase actions, though they must let the moderator know that they will not be performing their action.

Aside from the Mafia, nobody is allowed to discuss the game outside of this thread or the discussion thread. All gameplay discussion should exist in the designated threads. Mafia of course can discuss the game since they are working as a team.

A 24-hour rule may be imposed at the moderator’s discretion should either a day phase or a night phase drag on without progress for too long. Notice will be given by the moderator and all votes/actions must be performed within the allotted time, otherwise the game will continue without full participation of the players.

IMPORTANT: Please make your official votes/un-votes BOLD and IN COLOUR so the moderator knows to count and/or remove your vote. Votes that are not at least bolded will not be counted.

You may reveal your role should it fit within your strategy, but proof in the form of a screenshot of the PM I sent you will not be allowed.

The scenario of this game is loosely based on season two of the TV series, Hannibal. Knowledge of the show will not help - in fact a number of details have been changed/altered to make everything fit within the confines of the game.

THE DINNER GUESTS
zazthespaz (Miriam Lass - Vigilante)
SHEAKENBACON (Dr. Bedelia du Maurier - Psychiatrist)
abw1987 (Randall Tier - Serial Killer)
Andy92 (FBI Trainee - Townie)
zazisaspaz (Will Graham - Follower)
AB4Lyfe (Dr. Hannibal Lecter - Mafia Boss)
Timotheus (Abigail Hobbs - Mafia Ninja)
Lotha (FBI Trainee - Townie)
Micky (Jack Crawford - Cop)
Last edited by Inconquerable on Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:35 pm, edited 12 times in total.

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Re: I'm old and senile now.

Post by Inconquerable »

Yes I am! Good to see you're still around, Kev! Does everybody still call you Kev? I had too many nicknames for everybody to remember.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Re: I'll call off my search party now, too!

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Yes everybody who's still around calls him Kev :lol

If you're old and senile now then at least only one thing has changed since the last time you were here, Inconq. ;) :lol
JK JK

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Re: You've changed, man.

Post by Inconquerable »

SHEA WHAT THE F?! Your post wasn't even in all caps!

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Re: Everybody changes, man.

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Inconquerable wrote:SHEA WHAT THE F?! Your post wasn't even in all caps!
OMFG YOU'RE RIGHT!? I DIDNT EVEN REALIZE THAT UNTIL YOU MENTIONED IT! ITS ALL FIXED NOW THO, SORRY INCONQ :eek

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Re: EAT THE RUDE MAFIA?

Post by Timotheus »

Vote: kev
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Timotheus wrote:Vote: kev
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: welcome back Gladys!

Post by zazthespaz »

Vote: Kev
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Boy, everyone voting me out before the game begins, even without considering whether or not I was going to be a part of it in the first place. I see how it is. That's fine.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

We were really bummed when zaz scared you off.

Post by gbruin »

Ahh, it's good to see old and senile faces (besides the one in the mirror)!
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Re: Zap is super spooky! You don't even know the half of it!

Post by Inconquerable »

I'm taking all votes against poor Kev as sign ups! And Kev you're signed up too by proxy! I don't know what the proxy is but it's been done.
gbruin wrote:Ahh, it's good to see old and senile faces (besides the one in the mirror)!
Thanks, Greg! Good to see you too! Hope you're doing well. =)

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Re: I always tell the truth when Im a townie

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

If we play Mafia again I want to be a Townie

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Re: Not saying if you're eating or being eaten though...

Post by Inconquerable »

Deal! You're on the dinner guest list!

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Re: should I dress more appropriately for dessert or dinner?

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Inconquerable wrote:Deal! You're on the dinner guest list!
Awesome! I'll go get myself ready!

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Re: /sign up!

Post by Inconquerable »

So the mafia suggestion is actually real if people want to be involved! I have Zap and Shea signed up (through force obviously), and in the scenario I've come up with, I've got roles for seven people at least. It's based on season two of the (cancelled and not returning?!!) series Hannibal, but knowledge of the show won't help. I've changed a lot of details to make things make sense. I've switched up some of the roles from the games we used to play as well. Of course everybody is busy so we don't have to play super fast either, but I think it could be fun!

PS everybody's drugged so there's that incentive too!

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

I'll join!

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

/sign me up
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

zazthespaz