The Disney+ Thread

Talk about anything and everything here.
TenaciousBe
On The Rail

The Disney+ Thread

Post by TenaciousBe »

So I imagine most of us have jumped on the D+ service by now. What are you liking, disliking? What's the first thing you watched? What are you looking forward to watching that you haven't gotten to yet?

For me, I haven't really gotten to play with it much yet as I've been working all week, but hoping to take a gander this weekend. I did find out, sadly, that Vizio TVs with built-in casting won't run D+, and I have to use the manual Chromecast device (luckily I have them on 2 of the TVs in our house, and I had a spare one I could use on one of our other newer TVs). They're working on a fix, but probably won't be ready for a couple months. Sad!

I did, however, watch a few minutes of Heavyweights. Classic movie. I'm also wanting to watch Flight of the Navigator again, as it was one of my favorite movies as a kid and I don't think I've seen it in like 30 years. Haha. I was late to the Marvel movie madness too, so this service will make it a lot easier to catch up on the older movies.

How about you guys?
Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.

VigilantSteve
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: The Disney+ Thread

Post by VigilantSteve »

I jumped on the deal that they offered a few months ago and got 3 full years of the service for the price of 2 years. I haven't had the opportunity to really watch a ton of things for myself yet as I've been pretty busy this week, but I did add a TON of things to my watchlist. What little time has been spent watching it has gone mostly to my 18 month old toddler (Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and some Winnie the Pooh, for the win), but I did get a chance to watch an episode of Boy Meets World the other night, so I count that as a victory.

But yeah, this whole Disney+ thing is pretty excellent so far.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Hate to feed the Mouse but impossible not to these days. Not out in the UK yet so I may have to accidentally watch the Mandalorian some other way.
For all of the hope that it brings...

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

VigilantSteve wrote:I jumped on the deal that they offered a few months ago and got 3 full years of the service for the price of 2 years. I haven't had the opportunity to really watch a ton of things for myself yet as I've been pretty busy this week, but I did add a TON of things to my watchlist. What little time has been spent watching it has gone mostly to my 18 month old toddler (Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and some Winnie the Pooh, for the win), but I did get a chance to watch an episode of Boy Meets World the other night, so I count that as a victory.

But yeah, this whole Disney+ thing is pretty excellent so far.
I took advantage of that deal too, 3 years for the price of 2. Then, when it went live, I found out that Verizon Wireless customers with unlimited data got a year free (which I am). The way it works is after the year is up, auto charges you $6.99/month unless you cancel. However, since I’m already a Disney+ subscriber, it pauses that deal and after the 1 year with Verizon it starts my 3-for-2 deal. So, I basically get 4 years for the price of 2!

I started The Mandalorian already of course. I like it so far. Episode 2 wasn’t as good as 1 to me, but still liked it.

My kids have been watching Marvel movies here and there. My daughter and wife watched the live action Lady and the Tramp movie.
Photobucket cash grab.

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

I had forgotten that the Pirates of the Caribbean movies were made by Disney (I mean, duh... look at the name) till I was out at a pet store tonight, and there were some Captain Jack and Black Pearl figures for fish tanks and I noticed the "Disney" on the tag. I'm kind of stoked to rewatch those movies now (it's been a while), and I believe I still haven't seen the newest one yet!

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

TenaciousBe wrote:I had forgotten that the Pirates of the Caribbean movies were made by Disney (I mean, duh... look at the name) till I was out at a pet store tonight, and there were some Captain Jack and Black Pearl figures for fish tanks and I noticed the "Disney" on the tag. I'm kind of stoked to rewatch those movies now (it's been a while), and I believe I still haven't seen the newest one yet!
That was a fantastic series and so much fun. The 4th was a bit meh since it was a stand-alone story, but it was still enjoyable, and, well, Penelope Cruz...
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I actually thought the newest one was pretty good. Not the level of the original three, but a step up over the fourth.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

Finally started The Mandalorian a couple nights ago. Very not bad! I'm not a super huge Star Wars person, but that first episode was pretty great. Excited to see where it leads!