Hiking/trekking/climbing thread

Talk about anything and everything here.
SchwiizVT12
TABN.com Citizen

Hiking/trekking/climbing thread

Post by SchwiizVT12 »

Any hikers, trekkers, or climbers out there?

Feel free to post tips, tricks, helpful links, future or past expeditions/endeavors (with pictures of course!!), or anything appropriate/related to this topic.

SchwiizVT12
TABN.com Citizen

Re: Hiking/trekking/climbing thread

Post by SchwiizVT12 »

I really want to go get into the sport of climbing, although I don't have a rock-climbing gym close to where I live at the moment... so this is a bit of an issue, haha.

I love taking challenging hikes in the Alps on a regular basis though. Just this past weekend I completed a 10.4 km hike of the Rigi-Kulm (technically not a part of the Alps) with 1358 meters gained in altitude to at the summit at 1798 meters in just over 4 hours as my first hike this season.

My goal for this season is to do more single day 1000+ meter gains over long distances and hopefully find a course on Alpine safety so that I can eventually attack some glacial hikes/high-altitude treks where basic Alpine skills are needed (crevasse rescue, self-arrest, ice-pick technique, etc etc).

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

I've always been fascinated by climbing, and loved it when I've gotten the chance to do a tiny bit. I live in rural Iowa, so my trails are pretty flat - which is great for biking, but makes for somewhat boring hikes. Ah well, someday.
Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

My family and I hike around state parks a lot.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23