What music drives you nuts?

Talk about anything and everything here.
anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Re: What music drives you nuts?

Post by anguyen92 »

All right, I won't refute that. Probably stating Iron Maiden was a bad example given that in their reunion run, they had attracted all kinds of fans young and old and had fans over the years that some people would not expect to be an Iron Maiden fan (I mean there is a friken priest in Brazil that worships Iron Maiden as much as God) and still retain making quality new music over the years and playing them live well.

Still, I just feel very very disenchanted with metal music and its community, nowadays, like I am with other stuff that I used to love like WWE and Hearthstone. I rather just be listening to more Zac Brown Band over general metal music while rekindling the love that I never lost in playing World of Warcraft and enjoy watching a New Japan Pro Wrestling show once in a while.

Am I generalizing about metal nowadays? Yes, probably. Certainly. Maybe that's what happens when I finally found a job and have steady income. I just loathe the phrase above all else, "That's not metal." That's what drives me nuts.