Suggestions on a good commuter bag?

Talk about anything and everything here.
Jaded Rescue
Hardcore TABN'er

Suggestions on a good commuter bag?

Post by Jaded Rescue »

Hey guys! So I've run into a dilemma and felt that I might enlist the AB Nation to help me with this most troubling issue! (Not really, it's actually a silly question :lol )

I'm trying to find a good commuter bag for the city. I live in southern New Jersey and commute by car and train (mostly train) into Philadelphia. Here's the issue: I want to start using a travel mug for coffee instead of paying $2 a day for a cup (every penny counts), but I also typically bring in a blender bottle with me which contains a homemade gainer shake I have every day (trying to pack on some muscle!). So I'm trying to find a good bag that can hold two travel mugs like this reliably.

Right now, I have a Swiss brand backpack like this:

The problem is, those drink pouches on the side aren't all that great for taller travel mugs and blender bottles, and the elastic eventually gets weak so I'm constantly worried that the drinks are going to go tumbling out if I get bumped into on the train or have to jog to catch a train in time. Does anyone know of a small messenger bag or backpack that might solve this issue? If it has a little extra room for my Nintendo 3DS or a small notebook that would be nice, but not necessary. I'm just stuck!