Scariest/ Saddest movie you've seen

Talk about anything and everything here.
cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Scariest/ Saddest movie you've seen

Post by cheesedip1 »

Saddest movie: Idk Requeim for a Dream and Martyrs were really intense and depressing.

Scariest: The Ring was not scary to me. Maybe a bit creepy, but not scary.

Whenever I think of scary movies, I think of The Exorcist, The Shining, The Fly, and Pet Semetary. Those movies all definitely had some scary scenes in them.
Last edited by cheesedip1 on Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Re: Scariest/ Saddest movie you've seen

Post by Fish Tacos »

Saddest movie for me would probably be City of God. Everyone's life in that movie just sucks and they keep screwing each other over, then the cycle repeats. Requiem is a pretty good choice though.

I don't really do scary movies. I'll watch them with others if that's what they want to see but the genre does nothing for me.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Requiem for a Dream didn't really make me sad. More like depressed. Watching that film really messes up your day.

Sad: Bambi and The Lion King. The first adult film ever to make me cry was A Walk To Remember. I was pretty young but I'm still afraid to watch it, because I'm afraid what will happen. The Green Mile got me as well. Somehow Revolutionary Road comes to mind, but more in a depressing way like Requiem. I really like the music in that movie. I love its bigger, older and more bombastic brother Titanic as well.

As for scary, I'm not really a horror guy either but It (Pennywise the Dancing Clown) messed me up pretty good.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

I still refuse to watch Edward Scissorhands. The whole concept freaked me out as a child, Edward Scissorhands can piss off. Paranormal Activity gave me some jip. Rosemary's Baby is the downright creepiest (and also best).

Saddest I have two joint - Tokyo Story, which is just plain sad, and Cinema Paradiso, which is also sad but in a happy way.
For all of the hope that it brings...

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

Saddest movie right now for me is Rudderless. Beautiful movie.

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

I love that he asks us what the scariest film we've ever seen is, but when answering it himself; he puts a film that he doesnt find scary..

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: I have a thread idea and nothing to contribute.

Post by zazthespaz »

Jim wrote:I love that he asks us what the scariest film we've ever seen is, but when answering it himself; he puts a film that he doesnt find scary..
And saddest he prefaces with "IDK"
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: I have a thread idea and nothing to contribute.

Post by cheesedip1 »

zazthespaz wrote: And saddest he prefaces with "IDK"
So?

@fish tacos I heard City of God was how you described it.

Also, I agree that a better word to describe Requiem would be 'depressing' and not 'sad'.

Another movie I heard that was sad/depressing was "Grave of the Fireflies". I'm going to go watch it when I have the time.
Last edited by cheesedip1 on Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

AHart96
Rise Today

Post by AHart96 »

Scariest movie for me will always be The Exorcist. I absolutely love horror movies, the adrenaline rush is great and I enjoy 99% of them without being scared. To this day that movie is still the only that truly scares me.

Marley and Me for the saddest. Odd choice, but it fucked me up
Last edited by AHart96 on Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rock Never Dies

Thanks for the sig Don Harry!

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

Saddest movie: Charlie & The Chocolate Factory

Scariest movie: The Blair With Project wasn't the scariest film I've ever seen.

Violent Corpse
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Violent Corpse »

Saddest: Jacob's Ladder. Made me depressed to the point of not wanting to live anymore.

Scariest: The Exorcist. The only movie that has ever managed to genuinely scare me. Disturbing stuff.

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

I remember watching the exorcist at less than 8 years old. Had nightmares for 10 years following. Absolutely terrifying.

Violent Corpse
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Violent Corpse »

I think the only movie that ever made me shed tears is Grave of the Fireflies. The last 10 minutes are really difficult to watch.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

Not really a sad movie at all, but the saddest scene within a movie that I probably have ever seen. The problem is, I guess you don't really understand why its sad unless you know the context.

So this is a son and a dad. The dad is trying to catch up with his son, who was in the marine corp. But obviously, the marine corp changed him... as you can see here. The kid deserted his unit, and he finally tells the dad why.
So this scene is when the dad is just trying to get his son to talk to him. The son is mad because the dad was an alcoholic when he grew up and neglected him. But the dad is a born-again christian who stopped drinking 3 years ago and is just trying to get a 2nd chance.

Also, Tom Hardy is the greatest actor on the planet right now. Nick Nolte (the dad) won an award for this scene alone. So if you like great actors, check this out

[youtube]http://youtu.be/ODTzRSyG94Q[/youtube]

I don't know why this scene hits home for me. I mean, my dad was a bit of a drunk, but I definitely was not a neglected child. But this scene just tears me up.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

AB23 wrote:Not really a sad movie at all, but the saddest scene within a movie that I probably have ever seen. The problem is, I guess you don't really understand why its sad unless you know the context.

So this is a son and a dad. The dad is trying to catch up with his son, who was in the marine corp. But obviously, the marine corp changed him... as you can see here. The kid deserted his unit, and he finally tells the dad why.
So this scene is when the dad is just trying to get his son to talk to him. The son is mad because the dad was an alcoholic when he grew up and neglected him. But the dad is a born-again christian who stopped drinking 3 years ago and is just trying to get a 2nd chance.

Also, Tom Hardy is the greatest actor on the planet right now. Nick Nolte (the dad) won an award for this scene alone. So if you like great actors, check this out

[youtube]http://youtu.be/ODTzRSyG94Q[/youtube]

I don't know why this scene hits home for me. I mean, my dad was a bit of a drunk, but I definitely was not a neglected child. But this scene just tears me up.
I loved that movie and that scene was definitely saddening.

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

I heard "A Tale of Two Sisters" was very scary. I haven't seen it tho.

Has anyone here seen it?

Violent Corpse
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Violent Corpse »

^ I didn't know about it, but I just watched it after seeing your post. It is creepy, but not really scary. The scary scenes are typical Grudge/The Ring style scenes, and not very many. But the story is a strange psycho-thriller and very tragically sad.

Decent film, all in all.

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

Violent Corpse wrote:^ I didn't know about it, but I just watched it after seeing your post. It is creepy, but not really scary. The scary scenes are typical Grudge/The Ring style scenes, and not very many. But the story is a strange psycho-thriller and very tragically sad.

Decent film, all in all.
To me, the Ring and The Grudge were NOT scary. Maybe a little creepy, but that's it.

AUDITION sounded like a messed up film, from what I heard. Or idk, Cannibal Holocaust.

Speaking of scary, Exorcist is probably my top choice for scariest movie. However, I don't watch a ton of scary movies, so there might be other scarier ones out there.

Zelda in Pet Semetary was scary, along with the Wendigo spirit (I think). The bathtub lady and the two girls in The Shining were scary as well.

Recently, I heard through the grapevine by some that The Conjuring, Indisious, or Sinister were scary.

Violent Corpse
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Violent Corpse »

I don't know about Conjuring but Sinister and Insidious are laughable movies and I have no doubt The Conjuring isn't much different from those. Sinister starts very intriguingly but loses it right after that. I don't know why the movie-makers thought cute children could be scary. They're just cute.

Insidious doesn't even have any scary moments.

Modern horror in general is trash. The only horror movie I appreciate from the last 10 years is 1408. It's not anything seriously scary, but it's a damn fresh and fine addition to the genre.

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

cheesedip1 wrote:Scariest: The Ring was not scary to me. Maybe a bit creepy, but not scary.
Still kills me :lol :lol :lol