Question I have about Breaking Bad Whole series SPOILERS*

Talk about anything and everything here.
cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Question I have about Breaking Bad Whole series SPOILERS*

Post by cheesedip1 »

Something about Breaking Bad confused me.....

Season 5 and whole series SPOILERS***

Okay, so in the 5th season of the show, Mike dies and he blames Walt for being overly selfish. According to Mike, Walt could have just stayed and worked for Gus and made tons and tons of money instead of killing Gus.

Honestly, I think Mike is wrong. I mean, from Walt's perspective, he HAD to kill Gus because Gus was planning to kill Walt. Walt did what he had to do to defend himself. I feel like what Mike is saying is a load of crap.

Thoughts? Just something that really confused me.....

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Re: Question I have about Breaking Bad Whole series SPOILE

Post by Fish Tacos »

I think he's referring to Gus' original plan. Gus never planned to kill Walt and/or Jesse until things escalated. Mike is referring to Walter's inability to see himself as a worker bee and lets his pride/greed constantly get him and everyone else into trouble. While this is true for a lot of the trouble Walt and Jesse seem to get into for the show, it seems like it could go either way for their interactions with Gus.

Looking back from Gus' point of view, against against his original desires, Walt insisted on having Jesse around. This is mostly for Walt's benefit because he wants someone he can trust around, even when Gus tells him he cannot trust a junkie. This means every time there was a problem with Hank or meth gone missing, Jesse (or indirectly, Walt) was to blame. Regardless of how the audience feels about Jesse's motivations, this culminates with Jesse breaking the peace and making an attempt at the lives of Gus' two foot soldiers. Again, the audience can sympathize, but Walt was actually the one that wound up doing the killing there.

For a businessman like Gus, he does not feel like he can control the two employees his entire enterprise hinges upon and this is the point when he brings back Gale with the intention of replacing Walt once and for all.

Even though I can see where Gus is coming from, let's also not forget that what Mike says isn't necessarily gospel. He kept prattling on about "his guys" for episodes on end but when it came down to it, one of his own guys tried to kill him and the rest were going to sing.

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

Thanks for the insightful response.
Fish Tacos wrote:
Even though I can see where Gus is coming from, let's also not forget that what Mike says isn't necessarily gospel. He kept prattling on about "his guys" for episodes on end but when it came down to it, one of his own guys tried to kill him and the rest were going to sing.
Hmm....when did one of Gus' men try to kill him? Care to jog my memory?

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

Sorry, too many pronouns. I meant one of Mike's own guys tried to kill Mike (Lydia contracted the hit) after he kept talking about how solid they all were.

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

SPOILERS****

What did you think about the end of the show? Like, the ending?

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

I really liked the ending. I thought Walt's strategies and everything like the laser pointers, the trust fund, Lydia, giving Skylar something to give to get herself a deal and so on were all well done. Walt came to terms with the real reason he did all the things he did and he did his best to atone. I think the plot arc of his character was a little ripped off at the end from the aspect that it's less of a sacrifice when you only had a few weeks left to live anyway, but it couldn't be helped.

There were 2 main things I didn't enjoy one of which was how quickly Walt Jr. turned on his father. He saw his mom pull a knife on Walter and cut his father and when Walt wrestles the knife away from her, Walt Jr tackles him and calls the cops. Kinda struck me as a wtf moment. The other thing I'd change is Andrea getting murdered, not because it didn't fit the story well, but just because I liked her and it seemed unnecessarily cruel.

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

Fish Tacos wrote: Regardless of how the audience feels about Jesse's motivations, this culminates with Jesse breaking the peace and making an attempt at the lives of Gus' two foot soldiers. Again, the audience can sympathize, but Walt was actually the one that wound up doing the killing there.

For a businessman like Gus, he does not feel like he can control the two employees his entire enterprise hinges upon and this is the point when he brings back Gale with the intention of replacing Walt once and for all.
Yes, and if Jesse never tried to kill those two dealers in S3, Walt wouldnt have killed them instead and then Gus wouldnt have wanted to get rid of and kill Walt (I think).

Then a lot of things wouldnt have happened, but I digress.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Re: Question I have about Breaking Bad Whole series SPOILERS*

Post by Ubik »

Not only is that a reply to a four year old post, it's a reply to a four year old post that you've already replied to. That is deeply impressive.
For all of the hope that it brings...

gbruin
MEGLADONG

It's not quite 5G

Post by gbruin »

Ubik wrote:Not only is that a reply to a four year old post, it's a reply to a four year old post that you've already replied to. That is deeply impressive.
Could be he was using his old AOL dial up connection when he replied.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die