So...

Talk about anything and everything here.
One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

So...

Post by One Drew Remains »

What's everyone been up to? I know this is always a slow year for the forums. Thanks to everyone for keeping it as lively as they have. I should be around more now. I have been away coaching my son on his baseball and youth football teams (he's 10). Most of the rest of my time (besides working) has been spent running/lifting and learning guitar. I bought an Epiphone Les Paul and have learned a few Megadeth and Def Leppard tunes (I don't feel advanced enough to tackle alot of AB tunes yet).

So, yeah. What's been going on?
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Re: So...

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Hi, Drew! :wave

Not much for me, personally. Just watching The Voice on Mondays and Tuesdays, Supernatural on Wednesdays, and The Walking Dead on Sundays. That's basically my life right now other than work.

Yes you should be around more. Everyone should. How's the running going? Beat any records of yours yet?

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Nah. I have been running a max of 15 miles on the weekends. That's the extent of my running. When I say I have been working with my son's team's, it's literally almost every night. I wanted to be farther along on my list of AB song's on guitar. He's got 2 more weeks of football, and then I'm hitting it hard.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

One Drew Remains wrote:Nah. I have been running a max of 15 miles on the weekends. That's the extent of my running. When I say I have been working with my son's team's, it's literally almost every night. I wanted to be farther along on my list of AB song's on guitar. He's got 2 more weeks of football, and then I'm hitting it hard.
That's alright; I've been slacking on my runs too :eek :shifty

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I'm in my final year at Cal Poly Pomona. Been a long time coming. Didn't think I would get to this point, after screwing this up heavily, five years ago. Feeling good. Being in a major that I like and could get a lot of mileage out of in the form of accounting.

Everything I wanted to know in terms of knowing income, expenses, taxes, deductions, and stuff, regarding the world of music, hockey, etc, is all becoming very clear to me.

Feeling good for the most part. Now if only AB was back in business and commit more as a band, the LA Kings can get the ball rolling after a dark season, and I can be comfortable talking with certain people without feeling awkward or concealing what I want to say or being annoying at that person. If all three of those things can happen at once, I will be extremely happy.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

law school

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Kev, how cool was it to go to school with that pitcher that got drafted early this past season?
Altered:

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I don't know. I don't follow the sport teams of my school. But, that does sound cool.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: That's what I do now. sleep.

Post by zazthespaz »

Drew's here! :wave

*full response later. sleepy time*
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I've started graduate school this semester, and I'm still working full time too, so that keeps me busy. That sums up what I've been into for the most part...life's been busy but fairly consistent too. Haven't had much time for guitar recently.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

I don't visit here as much, but TABN always hold a special place in my heart ;)
Senior year of high school... Kinda crazy, so many changes are right around the corner. Trying to figure out what I wanna do with my future at this point! But I'm getting an 8 string guitar soon. Was gonna get a 7 but I've been getting into After The Burial and they play 8's so one more string won't hurt. Been enjoying longboarding recently, but it's getting colder here so I probably won't be doing that for much longer... Winter is coming...
Good to hear from you all:) Drew, keep practicing that guitar, man!
Thanks Timo!

Lotha
Colloquial

all's kinda well

Post by Lotha »

austin, I love your sig.

I've been learning SDL Trados, or at least trying to, I know my way around it but it's not enough to pass that exam of theirs yet. When I do I'll probably try writing on Elance or whatever it's called nowadays. That's my plan for the next couple of months. I hope to move out soon, we'll see. I got my college "diploma" yesterday :D (just a piece of paper saying I graduated, which I had to pay a lot of money for... god knows how much the actual diploma is going to cost then)
Photobucket is responsible for my lack of signature today.

TABN Discord: https://discord.gg/sGXRGZ

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Good to see you, Drew!

I just released my first EP and I'm doing my first shows now (just at open mics) to gain experience and meet people. All's going well with that. Having a blast. I'm looking for a part time job now as well, just for the extra income. I'm thinking about studying again in the future, but not full time. That's still a really vague idea now though, I have no idea what I'd be studying, but I'd love it to be in music, or anything that could accompany me with my music. I'm still really interested in writing as well, so who knows.

I've been absolutely horrible when it comes to going to the gym the last 3 months. I started going again consistently last week, but we'll see how long it lasts :lol
anguyen92 wrote:Didn't think I would get to this point, after screwing this up heavily, five years ago. Feeling good.
That must be awesome. Be proud of yourself!
Lotha wrote:I got my college "diploma" yesterday :D (just a piece of paper saying I graduated, which I had to pay a lot of money for... god knows how much the actual diploma is going to cost then)
Woo! My brother still hasn't received his bachelor diploma and it's been more than a year :lol He's majoring now, so it doesn't matter that much, but it's weird.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Micky
On The Rail

Post by Micky »

Hey Drew!!

I havent been up to much. Tomorrow night, I'm playing a little acoustic show with my late friend Bill's best friend to raise money for Bill's family. I finished physical therapy and work about 50 hours a week. But that's about it.
Thanks Andy!

Lotha
Colloquial

Post by Lotha »

How are you feeling Micky? Any better?
Timotheus wrote:
Lotha wrote:I got my college "diploma" yesterday :D (just a piece of paper saying I graduated, which I had to pay a lot of money for... god knows how much the actual diploma is going to cost then)
Woo! My brother still hasn't received his bachelor diploma and it's been more than a year :lol He's majoring now, so it doesn't matter that much, but it's weird.
It will probably take around a year for me as well, lol. It is weird.

Micky
On The Rail

Post by Micky »

I feel fantastic Lotha. How are you?
Thanks Andy!

Lotha
Colloquial

Post by Lotha »

Swell!
By that I mean my eye is swelling lol

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

Lotha wrote:Swell!
By that I mean my eye is swelling lol
:eek

Lotha
Colloquial

Post by Lotha »

o_O