Fundraiser - Rescued German Shepherd Needing Surgery

Talk about anything and everything here.
SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Re: Fundraiser - Rescued German Shepherd Needing Surgery

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Andy92 wrote:It's okay Shea...although I really appreciate the enthusiasm. :lol
But the enthusiasm isn't good enough! At least 10 people have contributed since I last saw the progress! I'm still hoping Precious gets what she needs!

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

She has close to $700 now between the fundraiser page and local donations. Hopefully we can hit $2,000 within the next few days.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Andy92 wrote:She has close to $700 now between the fundraiser page and local donations. Hopefully we can hit $2,000 within the next few days.
Hopefully! But I hate seeing the amount individuals bid. What the fuck happened with those $5-$50 bids? Like I said chump change. Had those people done something even as small as $100 each she'd have like $1300 by now.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Some people can't afford $100. I mean, if it's really chump change you could give your parents $100 and ask them to donate with their credit card. Lol (Not asking you to do that, just saying not everyone has the money to give to something like this).

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Andy92 wrote:Some people can't afford $100. I mean, if it's really chump change you could give your parents $100 and ask them to donate with their credit card. Lol (Not asking you to do that, just saying not everyone has the money to give to something like this).
Like I said even if I proposed the idea to them they'd basically say "poor dog but oh well". And I'd probably tell them $700 and they'd be like "ummmm.....no." :lol

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

The best way to help the cause is to donate towards it. I would just ask that if someone donates $10, don't bash it for being a small amount. $10 is more than $0.

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Get out of here with your logic Andy!

Post by Fish Tacos »

Shea, you can mail Andy or me the cash and we'll donate the amount via our credit card. Problem solved.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Re: Get out of here with your logic Andy!

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Fish Tacos wrote:Shea, you can mail Andy or me the cash and we'll donate the amount via our credit card. Problem solved.
Why would I mail you the cash? :wtf :headscratch

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

So you can circumnavigate your parents and donate the remaining balance like you want to.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Fish Tacos wrote:So you can circumnavigate your parents and donate the remaining balance like you want to.
But you would just take the cash for yourself probably! :eek

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

Well that's why I put Andy in there in case you didn't trust me.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I trust Fish Tacos. Engineering is a brotherhood.

As a quick update, she's at $900 counting the site and in-person donations. Thanks to anyone here who may have stopped by and given something.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Re: Fundraiser - Rescued German Shephard Needing Surgery

Post by Timotheus »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:and I know people who have enough to pay for it 10x over if they could; but yet nobody can or will do anything because people are heartless greedy bastards. :( :mope
Maybe their parents don't allow them to donate either?
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Is there a time limit as to how quickly they need the $2000? I saw an update about hoping to get the surgery done by next week if people contribute fast enough but will they let people still contribute until they get $2000 no matter what?

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

The surgery itself is $1,500. She put the goal at $2,000 because there will be a few other vet expenses besides just the surgery. The fundraiser site lets you ask for a withdrawal at any time and it doesn't affect your progress bar. So my guess is if it takes a while to get $1,500, she might go ahead and schedule the surgery while still trying to raise the last $500. She's just hoping to schedule it next week. Realistically she'll probably get the surgery done in 2-3 weeks if I was guessing.

She's already put some good money into it herself. She had to buy the dog from the owner, and she took it to the vet and got all its shots updated and things like that.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Update: The site funds are currently at $900, and when you add in local donations, the total is $1,400. It's high enough now to where her surgery has already been scheduled for tomorrow morning. Thanks to anyone who may have donated or passed the word around! Still have a little bit more money to raise, but thankfully she'll get to go ahead and have the surgery tomorrow.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Andy92 wrote:Update: The site funds are currently at $900, and when you add in local donations, the total is $1,400. It's high enough now to where her surgery has already been scheduled for tomorrow morning. Thanks to anyone who may have donated or passed the word around! Still have a little bit more money to raise, but thankfully she'll get to go ahead and have the surgery tomorrow.
Really?? That's great! I'm so happy for her precious!

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

It's scheduled for 8:30 in the morning. She'll probably post more updates on that page as she's going through her recovery. Once she's healed, we'll have to try finding her a nice home. My friend has 4 other dogs already, and since Precious broke her leg due to an attack from another dog, it'd be best if she was the only dog at her house.

agny
On The Rail

Post by agny »

Hey Andy, just catching up on this. She might want to connect with some German Shepherd rescue groups to see if they have any resources (sometimes they have medical supplies or can get good deals with vets), can post a listing on their pages to help find a permanent home, or even have your friend be a foster for them and deal with the legal adoption stuff. Good rescue groups (and good breeders actually) have it in their contracts that dogs can come back to them if anything happens in the future. Just a thought. http://www.agsra.com/listings.html Soft spot for GSDs myself, thanks to your friend for helping one! :)
Edit - and none listed for WV but there are some in neighboring states and there may be volunteers in WV, just the rescue groups based in the other states.
Alterations: Dec 2010, May 2011, August 2011x2, Sept 2011, Oct 2014x2

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Thanks so much! Right now it's kind of a waiting game because enough money was raised to have the surgery, but the vet said it would take a few weeks until we know how well it worked. Her leg had already started trying to heal incorrectly, so they have to wait and see how the bones took to the operation. I appreciate the information and will post an update once I hear something.