Fundraiser - Rescued German Shepherd Needing Surgery

Talk about anything and everything here.
Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Fundraiser - Rescued German Shepherd Needing Surgery

Post by Andy92 »

Hey guys, I have a friend who bought a dog from a family today that wasn't being taken care of. She's had a broken leg for a couple weeks or more, and it's going to cost around $2,000 for the surgery plus other expenses. My friend can't keep the dog (she already has 4 of her own), but she just wants to see that the surgery can be performed so she can find a stable home for it. I told her I'd share the fundraiser page around a few sites. If you have any extra money, it's going for a good cause. Even $5 - $10 can go a long way.

Here's the link to the fundraiser page:

http://www.gofundme.com/kqdwa0?fb_actio ... ef=fb_cr_n

Thanks for checking it out.
Last edited by Andy92 on Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Re: Fundraiser - Rescued German Shephard Needing Surgery

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Stories/incidents like this really make me sad. :no :( I personally cannot donate money; and I know my parents wouldn't. But I really do hope your friend's dog does get enough money for the surgery however she does. I love dogs and seeing them with things such as injuries and other things; it just breaks my heart and I get sad. My thoughts and prayers are with Precious!

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Appreciate it. We're trying to spread the word around locally but figured a fund me page could help gather a few supporters that aren't from the area.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Andy92 wrote:Appreciate it. We're trying to spread the word around locally but figured a fund me page could help gather a few supporters that aren't from the area.
Well it's gathered one so far.... :/ Still I get upset just thinking about animals and the like in need of assistance such as this; what makes it worse is I have the money to pay for that at least 4 times over if I could; and I know people who have enough to pay for it 10x over if they could; but yet nobody can or will do anything because people are heartless greedy bastards. :( :mope

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Re: Fundraiser - Rescued German Shepherd Needing Surgery

Post by Andy92 »

I'm hoping there are some people donating that just aren't using the page. That's what I'm doing with it since I can just give her something directly. But yeah I know what you mean. I'm mostly upset at the people who used to own the dog. It's not like she found this as a stray on the street, she actually bought this dog from its owner to get it away from the environment and attempt to help it.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Andy92 wrote:I'm hoping there are some people donating that just aren't using the page. That's what I'm doing with it since I can just give her something directly. But yeah I know what you mean. I'm mostly upset at the people who used to own the dog. It's not like she found this as a stray on the street, she actually bought this dog from its owner to get it away from the environment and attempt to help it.
That's the worst to me. Pets with abusive/undedicated owners sadden me the most. I just want to go up to the owners and tell them how the fuck would they like if they were treated that way? Maybe they should be if they have no remorse for doing it. Makes me sick to my stomach. Even the small things like yelling at my dogs to behave or physically making them stop (if not done gently) is bad enough for me. But the two dogs I have are brother and sister that were rescued off the streets of taiwan at just the age of 1-2 months old with no sign of their mother around so I can't imagine how'd they'd be living if they hadn't been rescued and we got them.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

That's awesome your family took dogs in like that. It sucks to see animals abused or abandoned by their owners.

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:what makes it worse is I have the money to pay for that at least 4 times over if I could
:headscratch saving up for something?

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Andy92 wrote:That's awesome your family took dogs in like that. It sucks to see animals abused or abandoned by their owners.
Yeah and they're great, too! I love small dogs because it seems like they're always puppies :D But they're a bit troublesome when all they want to do is play rough and loud sometimes and they won't listen. But it's worth it for everything else.
Fish Tacos wrote:
SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:what makes it worse is I have the money to pay for that at least 4 times over if I could
:headscratch saving up for something?
Life. Every dollar counts. Which is funny of me to say considering I spend at least 10$ a day at the food court near where I work in the mall. But not really "saving up" per say. Just not spending.

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

You're making a terrible case for not chipping in $20 after all the frownie faces I just saw.

/guilt trip

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Fish Tacos wrote:You're making a terrible case for not chipping in $20 after all the frownie faces I just saw.

/guilt trip
My case is that I don't have the means to contribute. And Any number under $2000 just feels like a chump change donation. And my parents would kill me if I gave someone $2000. So i'm already guilt-ridden enough Mike so it won't work.

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

We gotta get you a credit card buddy!

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Fish Tacos wrote:We gotta get you a credit card buddy!
Maybe some day; but that day is not today. You gotta help out this poor German Shepherd, buddy.

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

A new puppy is cheaper >.>

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Fish Tacos wrote:A new puppy is cheaper >.>
EXCUSES! Are you seriously admitting to the fact you'd rather spend money on a new young puppy than on a older dog or a dog in need of medical assistance? The amount of happiness you could give an old/injured shelter/unowned elderly dog to me is much more worth it than pupps. I'm sorry but it's true. Sure I might have to suffer loss a lot more often seeing as how they'd be around shorter; but I see myself buying a lot of those elderly dogs in need of a family when I grow up.

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:Are you seriously admitting to the fact you'd rather spend money on a new young puppy than on a older dog or a dog in need of medical assistance?
Well...yeah. I mean it doesn't have to be a puppy in a cardboard box, they have younger rescues but I wouldn't go out of my way to get an older animal, I'm not a nurse. You ever massaged a dog's anal glands? It's not pleasant.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Fish Tacos wrote:
SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:Are you seriously admitting to the fact you'd rather spend money on a new young puppy than on a older dog or a dog in need of medical assistance?
Well...yeah. I mean it doesn't have to be a puppy in a cardboard box, they have younger rescues but I wouldn't go out of my way to get an older animal, I'm not a nurse. You ever massaged a dog's anal glands? It's not pleasant.
That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying that It's just nicer to the dogs themselves; IMO; If you get the ones that are older and don't have much time left or the ones that are not as well off as the others. Give them a chance to feel loved and appreciated before their time is up and not pass them because "they aren't young/uber healthy/pretty"

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

I mean, that sounds nice, but you could make the same argument about marrying a 70 yr old toothless lady (no she's not rich).

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Fish Tacos wrote:I mean, that sounds nice, but you could make the same argument about marrying a 70 yr old toothless lady (no she's not rich).
Marriage and a pet as a companion is not the same. You generally marry someone around your age so you'd be marrying someone in the same boat as you; but you don't get dogs around your age so it's more thoughtful to the dog in that regard. ANYWAYS.....PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY CAN NEED TO FUCKING DONATE! OR AT LEAST SHOW YOUR SUPPORT IN HERE!

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

It's okay Shea...although I really appreciate the enthusiasm. :lol