The Walking Dead

Talk about anything and everything here.
SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Re: The Walking Dead

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Timotheus wrote:It wasn't really her speech. I know kinda understood where she was coming from. It was more the "I'm innocent, I need protection. OH, let's go to the noise in the dark room. Let's just kill that walker on my own without letting the others know and completely suck at it" attitude.
She was trying to be brave. To prove she didn't need to be babysat. That would have been character development had it not been for the arrow. :shrug

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Tacos, here's what one person said already, if what they say is obvious to you then your question is kinda silly but here:

She's asking Rosita if she is that stupid. After that, I'm assuming she means that she has training in psychiatry (she gave up trying to become a surgeon and did that instead) and knows what Rosita and Daryl have going on in their heads, unlike the medical stuff that she isn't technically qualified for. Then I think she's sort of showing that she's pissed off at herself for not telling Tara she loved her, and that going out on the run with Rosita and Daryl was to try and prove to herself that she can be brave and face the outside world.

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

I wouldn't bother posting this back on the other forum but
She's asking Rosita if she is that stupid.
Well yeah, I gathered that much from her looking at Rosita while saying the line -_- to me it still doesn't have any context other than an edgy come-back, lead-in for her "argument".

After that, I'm assuming she means that she has training in psychiatry (she gave up trying to become a surgeon and did that instead) and knows what Rosita and Daryl have going on in their heads, unlike the medical stuff that she isn't technically qualified for. I didn't remember that plot point, so that's some good insight. But if her reasoning for calling Rosita stupid is because she doesn't have the training necessary for whatever insight she's about to drop, that's pretty backwards. It kinda makes sense what she says about Rosita being alone and she's stronger than she thinks but she's roping Daryl into her speech as well and he's not scared of shit, at least no more so than is healthy for survival and sanity.

Then I think she's sort of showing that she's pissed off at herself for not telling Tara she loved her, and that going out on the run with Rosita and Daryl was to try and prove to herself that she can be brave and face the outside world. Yeah, I kinda guessed as much in my post, but like I said, the words don't really add up to what they were going for.
IMO, even though you can kinda guess what she was going for at least with Rosita (no clue with Daryl) it was just a really poorly written bit of dialogue which sucks because it's the last thing ol' cyclops is ever gonna say on the show.

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

I get where she was coming from tho. She was basically saying that if she didnt go out and take risks, didnt obtain her sea legs' (its an analogy), she wouldnt have gotten any stronger.

That's how you get stronger, by putting yourself into scenarios that test u in the real world.

Still, perhaps she could have like, gone through some pre-game (again, another methaphor here) first.
Like, she could have maybe gotten better with a weapon before going on a run with Daryl and other person (outside of Alexandria).

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

3 days until the season 6 finale....

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:3 days until the season 6 finale....
What happened to ur Walking Dead sig?

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

cheesedip1 wrote:
SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:3 days until the season 6 finale....
What happened to ur Walking Dead sig?
I traded it in for a shiny new My Last Mistake sig....

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

WHAT. THE. FUCK?!!!!???!?!??!?!?

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Spoilers.
The Negan part was awesome, but come on... Ending on a cliff hanger? That's so lame.

One death opposed an entire group of death ain't so bad. Sure, Negan might be a psychopath and loves to put on a show, but if Rick was standing in his shoes, he would've killed all of them.
Last edited by Timotheus on Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Oops. Thought I was editing.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

Wtf, I have this show set to record on season pass on my DVR and it didn't record episode 15. :(
Photobucket cash grab.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Ryan wrote:Wtf, I have this show set to record on season pass on my DVR and it didn't record episode 15. :(
But it did the other ones? Weird. Whats your cable provider? Is it available in an on demand version?

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

yeah, watched 14...thinking it was 15, then the next episode on my DVR is the finale.
Photobucket cash grab.

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

Ep 15 (finale) spoilers

The cliffhanger was pretty cheap. My guess is it was either Eugene or Abraham but my money is on Eugene because he gave Rick the bullet recipe making him expendable. Could have been a red herring though.

Overall, letting the people go that killed off multiple groups of your crew after murdering one of them and allowing them to regroup and rearm doesn't seem smart. I get that he needs to replenish his forces but if they're stronger than his forces he's better off just killing them and getting more henchmen elsewhere.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

@Tacos, It's Episode 16 ;) :lol

SPOILERS BELOW
I personally just think it's a whole mess. It has got to be one of the worst finales of the show. period. The community on The Spoiling Dead Fans and pretty much all the critics are tearing this episode apart. In a nutshell, the episode is pretty much this: Leave Alexandria with all your man-power; Get trapped on the road by Saviors; reroute, get trapped on the road by saviors; reroute, switch to Carol and Morgan, switch back to the RV, get trapped on the road by saviors; reroute. Carol & Morgan, etc etc. Finally Negan shows up, gives an awesome speech, and then they ruin the most important moment in comic history by making it a cheap gimmick cliffhanger.

I don't know how or why Gimple and Kirkman and AMC thought it was a good idea to do it, but they pretty much just fucked themselves over. I really hope the ratings suffered and that they didn't break any records. The 66 minutes was not needed for the amount of stuff that DIDN'T happen. The most satisfying thing to come out of it, is that during the filming for season 7, The Spoiling Dead Fans have sworn revenge on TPTB to reveal the Lucille victim months in advance of the premiere just to show them that they mean business and that the cliffhanger was a huge mistake.

The only parts I enjoyed about the episode, was Rick's acting, Sasha & Abe's baby talk, and Negan's speech. Everything else is fucking dumb.

Spoilers End Here.

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

They did it because shows typically start losing viewership each season after a few years. It doesn't always happen, especially if a show has a limited run (~5 years), but a good example would be Mad Men. Being around season 5-6 they know they're hitting that sweet spot where they're going to start to lose viewers as people get bored with the show and start following newer things. So my guess is this was done as a cheap plot to retain viewership.

Unfortunately I'm not sure their gamble is paying off. My favorite post on reddit:
"One of the best episodes we've produced in six years." - Greg Nicotero
Now at a 5.8 score on IMDb. Lowest rated episode produced in six years.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Fish Tacos wrote:They did it because shows typically start losing viewership each season after a few years. It doesn't always happen, especially if a show has a limited run (~5 years), but a good example would be Mad Men. Being around season 5-6 they know they're hitting that sweet spot where they're going to start to lose viewers as people get bored with the show and start following newer things. So my guess is this was done as a cheap plot to retain viewership.

Unfortunately I'm not sure their gamble is paying off. My favorite post on reddit:
"One of the best episodes we've produced in six years." - Greg Nicotero
Now at a 5.8 score on IMDb. Lowest rated episode produced in six years.
:lol Irony!

AHart96
Rise Today

Post by AHart96 »

Negan is already my favorite character. The acting was phenomenal
Rock Never Dies

Thanks for the sig Don Harry!

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

AHart96 wrote:Negan is already my favorite character. The acting was phenomenal
Agreed. JDM hit Negan out of the park.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Hey, for those of you who care...Someone made a fan-edit of the Lucille scene. THIS is what they should have done. I'm treating it as canon until season 7.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCXa6Nl095k