The Walking Dead

Talk about anything and everything here.
SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Re: Especially since Maggie cut her hair.

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

zazthespaz wrote:I'm tired of Carol after this episode. Same fake reaction over and over. Their system seems to work, why not give it a shot and not eff it up? Getting close to giving up on this show.
Agreed. Carol dying would make me so happy with the show that It might actually save it. Daryl too.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Re: The Walking Dead

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Anyone still watching this show/season? This has got to be one of the weakest first halves to a season in a long time. Even 6A was better than 7A so far. Plus, the ratings are on a constant decline with each episode so everyone else feels the same :lol

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Still better than them traveling in different groups to a place which turns out to be awful for two or three seasons on repeat.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

That was such a good midseason finale! Loved that Rick got his fight back after Michonne gave him that pep talk! Plus that Spencer and Negan pool table scene was glorious! Poor Eugene and Aaron though! :(

I've already started my rewatch of the series yesterday. Finished season 1 and now onto season 2! Missing characters like Shane already lol.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

The pool table scene indeed was really good.

The biggest tragedy of this episode was the shaving of Negan's beard.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Timotheus wrote:The pool table scene indeed was really good.

The biggest tragedy of this episode was the shaving of Negan's beard.
Agreed. :lol Clean shaven Negan looks super old compared to Beard Negan, yet I will admit he looks more like a psychopath with it clean.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

I thought he looked a lot more skinny.. And yea, a bit more like a psychopath :D
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Timotheus wrote:I thought he looked a lot more skinny.. And yea, a bit more like a psychopath :D
Well I think JDM might be trying to bulk up a bit for the role. Im pretty sure I heard that before. It's just he was so skinny during filming because of his previous role on another movie or show required him to lose a lot of weight.

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

So I have some vacation time and got bored so I caught up on all 8 eps of the season so far today. Neegan is a cooler character than I gave him credit for but to be honest this entire season makes very little sense to me and the mid-season finale ended where the season should have started, by Rick's own admission. A ruler like Neegan terrorizes his own guys and rules by fear. You cut the head off that snake and you're in a better position than you were before. Carl sorta got it, I think his motivator was primarily revenge, but he somehow managed to fuck it up after just standing there pointing the rifle at Neegan. Rosita got it too but also managed to fuck it up because the writers hate their viewers. "But there are so many! The Saviors have the numbers and will win no matter what!" Then leave. Hit the road until you're far enough away from the threat. Like honestly, that character that keeps messing with Daryl got his face ironed and his wife banged? Who subjects themselves to that after having escaped?

Neegan's reactions also aren't consistent some of the time. Off the top of my head he killed Glenn simply because Daryl punched him in the face. But then he lets Carl off the hook after not only trying to kill him but successfully taking out 2 of his guys? Wat? We also never figured out wtf Daryl was doing with the giant A (presumably Alexandria?) on his shirt messing around with walkers on poles. I thought that whole point system option thing was going to be some gauntlet gladiator type game. Then Rosita gets pissed at her bf hiding guns and the first thing she does her next time out the gate it to get and hind a gun. Then after her talk with Gabriel who confronts her with the notion that she might not be the victim after she kills Neegan and she's ok with it, she looses it when it actually happens? I must be taking crazy pills.

I can guess at this point since they took the opportunity to show the colony of women as well as to introduce The Kingdom that Rick will now unite Hilltop, Alexandria and these other 2 towns against the Saviors. Eugene is useless as ever except now that he's actually going to become useful making ammo, he's going to become useful for Neegan...can't wait for that character to die. And Carol is still in la la land...a development arc that never really made sense for her character in the first place.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Fish Tacos wrote:So I have some vacation time and got bored so I caught up on all 8 eps of the season so far today. Neegan is a cooler character than I gave him credit for but to be honest this entire season makes very little sense to me and the mid-season finale ended where the season should have started, by Rick's own admission. A ruler like Neegan terrorizes his own guys and rules by fear. You cut the head off that snake and you're in a better position than you were before. Carl sorta got it, I think his motivator was primarily revenge, but he somehow managed to fuck it up after just standing there pointing the rifle at Neegan. Rosita got it too but also managed to fuck it up because the writers hate their viewers. "But there are so many! The Saviors have the numbers and will win no matter what!" Then leave. Hit the road until you're far enough away from the threat. Like honestly, that character that keeps messing with Daryl got his face ironed and his wife banged? Who subjects themselves to that after having escaped?

Neegan's reactions also aren't consistent some of the time. Off the top of my head he killed Glenn simply because Daryl punched him in the face. But then he lets Carl off the hook after not only trying to kill him but successfully taking out 2 of his guys? Wat? We also never figured out wtf Daryl was doing with the giant A (presumably Alexandria?) on his shirt messing around with walkers on poles. I thought that whole point system option thing was going to be some gauntlet gladiator type game. Then Rosita gets pissed at her bf hiding guns and the first thing she does her next time out the gate it to get and hind a gun. Then after her talk with Gabriel who confronts her with the notion that she might not be the victim after she kills Neegan and she's ok with it, she looses it when it actually happens? I must be taking crazy pills.

I can guess at this point since they took the opportunity to show the colony of women as well as to introduce The Kingdom that Rick will now unite Hilltop, Alexandria and these other 2 towns against the Saviors. Eugene is useless as ever except now that he's actually going to become useful making ammo, he's going to become useful for Neegan...can't wait for that character to die. And Carol is still in la la land...a development arc that never really made sense for her character in the first place.
*NEGAN* Not NEEGAN lol.

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

My bad Shae

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Fish Tacos wrote:My bad Shae
Shea not Shae.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

New 7B Promos

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Did anyone watch the episode last night? Timo? Fish Tacos?

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Just saw it. I'm glad things are going relatively quickly. Guessing the Kingdom will in the end side with Rick's group, with or without Ezekiel. I'd love to see a zombie tiger now that I think of it.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

How have ppl been enjoying the walking dead so far?

I finished season 7. It was okay but honestly im getting tired of things being dragged out so much.

Seen Season 8 so far.

I think im done with this show. Too much of the show and plot not going anywhere. Getting bored.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Going to watch my last episode ever of this show tonight. :/

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

Really? Why's that? Losing faith in the show or something?

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Re: Plus my parents got rid of AMC when they downgraded the cable package and I'm not spending $$ on one show.

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

cheesedip1 wrote:Really? Why's that? Losing faith in the show or something?
Yeeeeeaaahhhh....The introduction of Negan, him becoming the new "face" of the show, along with the killing of Glenn, Abraham, and Sasha in season 7 is really what started the decline of interest. You kill off too many of the shows characters and it just starts to feel too different. Plus they're ruining and killing other core characters like Carl (Ricks own son for fucks sake!) just to justify sacrificing Negan so he ends up living. That whole 8A story arc for Carl before he died pretty much just served to tell Rick "hey dad, you can't kill Negan because he's still alive in the comics!" :facepalm I just decided I wasn't going to continue to waste my time being invested in a show that clearly cared too much about justifying the actions and eventual change of heart of a psychopathic/sociopathic rapist POS like Negan :/

The only thing that's keeping me even remotely invested in anything related to the show anymore is Rick and Michonne's relationship even if they took away one of the key aspects surrounding that bond :/

But even my work boss is still trying to get me to get back into the show/he keeps asking me at work if I've seen the recent episodes :lol

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

I guess we're on the same page then.

Negan was cool, at first, but then the whole thing of him being BA just got old.

honestly, with season 7 and halfway through 8, i dont even know where the show is even supposed to be going at this point

and then yeah, them killing off off that one character (u know who) was just stupid