The Game of Thrones Thread.

Talk about anything and everything here.
Lotha
Colloquial

Re: The Game of Thrones Thread.

Post by Lotha »

Timotheus wrote:THE WHITE WOLF!
Geralt?
Timotheus wrote:DAKINGINDANORF!
FTFY

Amazing episode, wanna watch it again. No scene fell short. Nobody talks about Davos and Mel but that was a great scene.

Also, loved seeing Olenna verbally smack the Sand Snakes.
So amazing much wow agree with Jim
Photobucket is responsible for my lack of signature today.

TABN Discord: https://discord.gg/sGXRGZ

Will
Still Remains

Post by Will »

Davos deserves an award for that performance.
PHOTOSHOPPING IS FOR SCHMUCKS

Violent Corpse
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Violent Corpse »

Timotheus wrote:
Violent Corpse wrote:Excellent!

Love the stage that has been set by this episode, but other than that I didn't get the mind-blowingness of it that everyone kept telling me about. Maybe part of the reason is because the first 20 mins went exactly according to a fan theory I had read...
I knew something was gonna happen with the wildfire, but I tried to stay away from too specific fan theories. I really didn't except almost everybody to die in there. The music during that entire scene was stunning as well.

Never did I expect Arya to pop in at the Twins. When I read something about it online I'd just neglect it, because she was on the other side of the ocean 2 episodes ago. I absolutely loved it though. I'm not an expressive watcher, but both me and my brother were cheering so loud when that happened.

The White Wolf scene was amazing, and reminded me a lot of Robb's King In The North scene in the finale of season 1. I thought it was very moving because of that.

I also love that they picked the broodiest baby ever for baby Jon :D
Awesome post.

I wasn't impressed with The White Wolf scene. I thought it was mawkish. One moment they are not happy with the Wildlings and thinking about going on vacation. Enter little Mormont lady, and they all are suddenly roaring and cheering Snow's name. Felt very... artificial.

The entire King's Landing scene was amazing despite my foreknowledge. Beautiful score.

Very excited about what Baelish is planning now. He's been my favorite character for the longest time after Tyrion.

Also, where is Jon's direwolf? I don't remember the last time I saw him and I don't think he died?

Lotha
Colloquial

Post by Lotha »

Oh yeah, I forgot Sansa cockblocking LF. That was great.
You could tell Sansa was worried about his plans too. But I think she is going to outplay him next season.

VigilantSteve
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by VigilantSteve »

I think that was one of the most brilliant episodes of television that I've ever seen, especially the first 20-25 minutes. The piano score to that whole part (and really, the music for the whole episode) was magnificent.

So many awards should be handed out for this, in my opinion.

Nicklord
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Nicklord »

"Do shut up, dear."

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

I'm marathoning this show from season 1 episode 1 on TMN Go on my Xbox One and am currently on season 2 episode 3 (just finished 2). I'm enjoying it very much and There is a lot of great characters/favorites for me already. Jaime, Danny, Jon, Arya, Tyrion, The Hound, Rob Stark, etc. So at least not ALL of my favorites will be dead by season 6 :) Still pretty sad over Eddard and eventually Oberyns deaths though.

Violent Corpse
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Violent Corpse »

Oberyn. :(

Lotha
Colloquial

Post by Lotha »

Can't believe there was a time when Ellaria was kinda likeable and Dorne plot wasn't shit.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Lotha wrote:Can't believe there was a time when Ellaria was kinda likeable and Dorne plot wasn't shit.
Basically all of the Dorne storyline in four is straight from the book, besides a brother scene here and there. I'm re-reading the books and I just read the chapter where Tyrion welcomes Oberyn into King's Landing. Season 5 is where they started to change the storyline and that's where it became shit.

I'm still not over how much they messed up Doran Martell in the show. Even if he dies at some point in book 6, he was such a genius. He'd been plotting revenge for years and years, patiently. I would have been so much more excited if he'd been part of Dany's army.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Lotha
Colloquial

Post by Lotha »

I forgot a lot about what happens after Oberyn's death in the books. And the funny thing is I didn't like him in the books as much as I did in the show. Pedro Pascal was perfect.

I know, though, that there was some kind of a master plot... which definitely beats the shit they've been feeding us in the show.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Im on The Rains of Castamere right now....Saddest episode in the show ever. :S :( :no :pout :slam :smashcomp:

I'm filled with so much rage right now it's not even funny.

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

Season 6 spoilers ahead

Just finished watching S6. I enjoyed this season a lot more than the last one although some of the pacing problems were still present (an entire season for Samwell to get to the Maesters?), but it was an improvement from S5. I was surprised how many people came back from the "dead" this season. Jon Snow, The Hound, Bran's Uncle...I suppose if anyone was to come back those first 2 were good choices. Kinda makes me wonder if Jaimee is gonna magically get his hand back someday.

Some other thoughts:

- I'm so happy Arya is out of that Bravos hellhole after 2 seasons of half assed training and back to her list. Apparently this time she doesn't get magically blinded?
- So is Hodor not actually dead since we didn't see him die the same way we didn't see The Hound die? I hate when shows pull that crap.
- Danaerys is back to being awesome again instead of being headstrong just for its own sake.
- That scene with the Sept and Wildfyre was so great! I didn't see it coming at all after Tomin announced Cerci couldn't have trial by combat. When The Mountain went to Tomin's quarters I thought she was going to kill her own son. Tomin died all the same but a much cooler outcome, and now we don't have to deal with his weakness anymore. I'm guessing Olenna and the Spider conspiring in Dorne will lead to Cerci's downfall but damn if it wasn't fantastic to see her squash her enemies.
- I was really sad to see Margeary die, I liked her character a lot. On the bright side I was never a fan of her grandmother Olenna, so the silver lining is we get to see her defeated, at least for a while.
- I wish the Sand Vipers were done differently, they just come off as annoying. Perhaps if we had seen more of their maneuverings in Dorne outside of stabbing people in the back, poisoning them, killing cripples and young people I'd view them as something more than toxic brats. I guess I'm saying I can respect some of the other characters even if I don't like them, but it doesn't really work for the Vipers.
- I knew the first time Bran heard the women scream in the tower is was going to be Snow's mother giving birth to him. I don't understand what's so special about that scene that he had to go back twice for it. Did we learn something we didn't already know that I missed?
- Would have liked some earlier introduction to Theon's uncle before he just shows up to kill the King of the Iron Islands.
- Kinda weak sauce that Theon and his sister are all "we can't stop raping, pillaging and stealing, it's our way of life" then 2 seconds later "oh, ok, we'll stop".
- Ramsey...an asshole to the last lol...poor Rickon should have zigzagged. Pretty great battle scene in that episode. Sad to see the last giant go.
- That little lady with the bear clan that has 62 knights is the shit!
- I'm gonna miss Osha :(
Last edited by Jim on Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: blacked out the spoilers

Lotha
Colloquial

Post by Lotha »

I knew the first time Bran heard the women scream in the tower is was going to be about Ned Stark's sister, Robert Baratheon's promised, Lyanna Stark, and we found out that she was guarded by the Kingsguard (at the time, Targaryens, Rhaegar Targaryen's personal guard) while giving birth, and that she is Jon Snow's mom... which is a long-standing fan theory that's finally been confirmed, thus a very special revelation.

^ Fixed that one for you Tacos :D

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

Oh my god, that means Jon Snow is the true heir to the Iron Throne and isn't Ned Stark's bastard? (at least, in as much as he could be after the Mad King was slain and a Targaryen should have taken over) :eek

Thanks Lotha! I knew I was missing something!

Lotha
Colloquial

Post by Lotha »

Well, he's still a bastard, unless Lyanna and Rhaegar got married (they might have), so Daenerys would still be the rightful heir, but yeah, you got the essence of it.

^ some further clarification.

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

So wait, I'm confused. They were hunting Gendry because he was potentially the heir to the Iron Throne right as a Baratheon bastard. Or is that only in comparison to the Lannister children because they had 0 Baratheon blood? Why did the throne not pass to Danaerys' brother when the mad king was first slain?

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Fish Tacos wrote:So wait, I'm confused. They were hunting Gendry because he was potentially the heir to the Iron Throne right as a Baratheon bastard. Or is that only in comparison to the Lannister children because they had 0 Baratheon blood? Why did the throne not pass to Danaerys' brother when the mad king was first slain?
Yea, that's only in comparison to the Lannister kids. The Targaryens were defeated by the Baratheon/Stark/Lannister pact. That's where their claim stopped. Robert wanted to kill all Targaryens when he became king. Not only because he hated them (Rhaegar stealing his wife etc) but also to end their line, so his claim on the throne would be pure. That's why Dany and Viserys were flying their entire life on the other side of the ocean, and that's why Robert wanted to assassinate Dany when he found out she married Khal Drogo and was bearing a child.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

BSC
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by BSC »

Do we really have to post any spoilers in black? Anybody who clicks on the last few pages of a thread titled 'The Games of Thrones Thread.' having not caught up with the series of Game of Thrones is an idiot.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Re: none more black

Post by gbruin »

Lol. I admire their efforts to protect the innocent, but you're just asking for it by opening up any sort of social media when you're behind in GoT.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die