The Game of Thrones Thread.

Talk about anything and everything here.
AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Re: The Game of Thrones Thread.

Post by AllC392Was »

StillRemains wrote:
Cthree922012 wrote:also the whole "who is his Mother and Father thing".
Exactly the point I was making. :)

We know his father is Ned Stark. That much has been proven. But the question since we were first introduced to him and his story is "who exactly is the mother?" It's this question that's truly the basis of Jon Snow - the conflict that such a question provides. :)
Do we know Ned Stark is his father? I don't think so I think I know who the Mother and Father really are but its purely speculation but I don't think Jon is Ned's son

StillRemains
Bought The CDs

Post by StillRemains »

Now you've got me questioning what I thought I knew, haha.

I could've sworn that it was concluded in the first season (in the show) that Ned was his father. Or was the fact that Ned was so unwilling to talk about it a precursor to a bigger story about Jon's past? (And it's been forever since I've read the first book - so my memory is hazy on the details of that one).

*More scenarios being created*

- And damn you, Timotheus! Tempting me with spoilers! :P
[center]Image

*Thanks to JaredWard for the sig!*

Call Me No One // Alter Bridge
[/center]

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

With the whole who is Jon's Father and Mother theory here is who I think it is....

- We all know Ned is a very honorable and loyal man who had always followed by the rules and would never betray anyone. He tells Jon before he leaves for the wall say "Your more of a Stark than you know". But that doesn't mean that its his kid.

- Ned Stark had a sister... who went with him off to war (for God knows what reason). This was the rebellion that brought Ned Stark home with Jon Snow.

- Her name was Lyanna Stark and she died during the rebellion by the Targaryen's.

- My theory is Lyanna and Rhaegar Targaryen were in love and had Jon Snow.

- The reason why Ned is saying to everyone that it is his baby because that would mean that Jon Snow is half Targaryen, and he would be executed because of that. So Ned is protecting him.

- In the book Lyanna's final words to Ned was "Promise me". Now we don't know what the promise was but I'm speculating it is to protect her son Jon.

THIS IS ALL SPECULATION AND NONE OF IT IS A SPOILER UNLESS I'M RIGHT

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Yea, I was talking about that topic under the spoiler tag :lol non-book readers now know that 2 books later, we still don't know anything about Jon's mother..

But yea, that theory is the most popular amongst the fans. But it's become such a popular solution that Martin might think: Fuck them, I'm going into another direction with this :lol I can honestly see George Troll Martin do this.

Lyanna was supposed to marry Robert btw.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

StillRemains
Bought The CDs

Post by StillRemains »

I'm not sure what to think anymore, haha.

And yes, Lyanna was to marry Robert before she was murdered. And, in the show, didn't Robert have a nice conversation with Ned on the King's Road, where he basically answered Robert's question about his bastards mother?

I dunno. I truly left it at that - that Ned bedded some lady and they had a kid, and with him being the honorable man that he is, has dealt with the consequences and left the past in the past. Perhaps I'm naive in thinking so. :P
[center]Image

[/center]

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

You could be right but I don't know why he just wouldn't say who the mother was to Jon or to anyone. If it was some tavern whore I think he would have just said that and moved on. But I would think it be pretty cool if Jon is half Stark/Targaryen.

So now Id'e like some opinions on this topic... Who will sit on the Iron Throne when it is all set and done? King and Queen.

I believe that it will be Jon Snow in the end of it all. Danerys will be his Queen

StillRemains
Bought The CDs

Post by StillRemains »

Ned comes back from the grave and goes on a massive witch hunt and kills everyone in his path - with his bare hands - and claims the iron throne for himself and his family.

It's plausible, no? ;)

In all truth's, I can see Littlefinger being a huge power player for the throne. Will he get it? I don't know... but I would love to see that. As for a queen, my money would go on Danaerys as well - if she doesn't mess up somewhere along the lines. The only other "strong" female presence to be able to claim the queen title would be Cersei (again), and I don't think anyone wants that.
[center]Image

[/center]

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Ned would never tell Robert his 'bastard' is actually a Targaryen. He could've been lying in that scene ;)

For the Throne, I've got a few ideas, but I'd be spoiling people if I put them on here..

I don't think Dany will be sitting on the throne in the end.. In season 2 in the House of The Undying, she reaches for the iron throne, but when she hears her dragons she lets go at the last moment. This was not in the books and might've meant nothing. But after all it's Martin, and Martin doesn't do predictable ;)
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

Timotheus wrote:Ned would never tell Robert his 'bastard' is actually a Targaryen. He could've been lying in that scene ;)

For the Throne, I've got a few ideas, but I'd be spoiling people if I put them on here..

I don't think Dany will be sitting on the throne in the end.. In season 2 in the House of The Undying, she reaches for the iron throne, but when she hears her dragons she lets go at the last moment. This was not in the books and might've meant nothing. But after all it's Martin, and Martin doesn't do predictable ;)
Did you read all the books? Because I think I know who your referring to when you said you would be spoiling things.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Yea, I've read them.

SPOILER I'm talking about 'Young Griff" ;) I think he makes a really big chance. SPOILER
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

Yeah i havent read the books, with Robb out the picture i really hope Dany takes them all down. It would be perfect with her journey.

I enjoy the theories about Jon Snow's parents.. Lyanna being his actual mother and Ned being the "protector"; seems very 'Ned'

NytestrykerZ
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by NytestrykerZ »

The North Remembers. Winter is coming.

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

Winter is coming

StillRemains
Bought The CDs

Post by StillRemains »

Haha!

Saw this and had to share it. It doesn't further any discussion, but it's damn funny!

[center]Image

[/center]

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

haha thats awesome!

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

LOL!

But enjoed :facepalm
Photobucket cash grab.

StillRemains
Bought The CDs

Post by StillRemains »

Haha, yeah. It's from 9GAG though; so you can't expect perfect spelling/grammar. ;)
[center]Image

[/center]

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

Honestly, the joke is hilarious... But the lack of Y in enjoed ruined it.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

I'm still not over the first shot of Robb and Grey Wind in episode 10.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

lol yeah they played that perfectly. Absolutely loved the Arya scene