The Game of Thrones Thread.

Talk about anything and everything here.
MidnightToker
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: The Game of Thrones Thread.

Post by MidnightToker »

Very intense episode. I can't wait to see how this season wraps up. The title of the last episode is "Mhysa". I have no idea what that means

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Do you want to know what it means? It's not really a spoiler..
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

StillRemains
Bought The CDs

Post by StillRemains »

I'd like to know what it means.
[center]Image

*Thanks to JaredWard for the sig!*

Call Me No One // Alter Bridge
[/center]

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

It's High Valyrian (language on the show) for 'Mother' ;)
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Will
Still Remains

Post by Will »

[youtube]http://youtu.be/78juOpTM3tE[/youtube]
PHOTOSHOPPING IS FOR SCHMUCKS

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

Genuinely how i reacted. I was mortified.

I was so obsessed with the idea of Robb being the high King of Westeros and now... Well, it's all gone to shit. I can't believe they did it, seriously.. I can't.

So it looks like Arya, Bran and Rickon have some vengeance to carry out. Because, Sansa is a pussy and who knows where Jon Snow will end up!? I'd like to see the little ones win everything and screw the Lannisters out of everything they've taken..

Except Jaime, I'm starting to like him.

And did anyone notice the Coldplay drummer doing a cameo..?

Will
Still Remains

Post by Will »

Daenerys is so off the radar I think that will change next season. She still needs to get some ships eventually to cross the narrow sea and then all hell will break lose. I feel Jon Snow will be important next season.
PHOTOSHOPPING IS FOR SCHMUCKS

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Jim wrote:And did anyone notice the Coldplay drummer doing a cameo..?
Yea, I noticed him halfway the episode. When The Rains Of Castamere started playing I completely forgot about him.. :lol
Will wrote:Daenerys is so off the radar I think that will change next season. She still needs to get some ships eventually to cross the narrow sea and then all hell will break lose. I feel Jon Snow will be important next season.
Man, it's so hard to not give away spoilers.. But there might be some good speculation in that post ;)
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

StillRemains
Bought The CDs

Post by StillRemains »

Timotheus wrote:It's High Valyrian (language on the show) for 'Mother' ;)
Thanks!

So that means that the finale is going to deal a lot with Danaerys - speaking Valyrian and being the mother of dragons. Thanks for spoiling, Timotheus! :lol

Nah, I really have no idea what's going to happen. My mind is making up so many different scenarios and I love it! My girlfriend hates it, however. She's already read the third book and knows the big events and hates me asking if I'm anywhere close, lol.
[center]Image

[/center]

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

I read all the books and watching the preview for next week I have an idea what is going to happen but if I had to guess the climax of the season was episode 9. Episode 10 I think will kind of lead up to next season.

And for the Stark children to get vengeance sounds interesting and all but they have their own journeys to take (If you have been watching so far you know).

Rickon is to small. Bran needs to find the 3 eyed Crow. Sansa will be interesting (Read the books you will find out). And Arya.... well Arya is Arya .

StillRemains
Bought The CDs

Post by StillRemains »

And Jon Snow knows nothing... or so we've been told.

:P
[center]Image

[/center]

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

lol wait and see my friend. Jon Snow is a major player in the series and it won't go unnoticed

StillRemains
Bought The CDs

Post by StillRemains »

So I've heard from other sources as well - which is a good thing, because behind Tyrion, he's my favorite character in the series. And now with the "good guys" being slaughtered, we'll need someone else to root for. :)
[center]Image

[/center]

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

I honestly think the show has screwed up Jon Snow's personality a bit in the second season and the first half of the 3th season. He's so horribly goofy and brainless sometimes. Never did I get that impression in the books.
But we're slowly getting on the right track now. I liked him a lot in the latest 3-4 episodes, so I'm very excited for the finale and 4th season, knowing that his story line will get really interesting.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

Timotheus wrote:I honestly think the show has screwed up Jon Snow's personality a bit in the second season and the first half of the 3th season. He's so horribly goofy and brainless sometimes. Never did I get that impression in the books.
But we're slowly getting on the right track now. I liked him a lot in the latest 3-4 episodes, so I'm very excited for the finale and 4th season, knowing that his story line will get really interesting.
"You know Nothing Jon Snow"

in the books Jon was pretty dumb with the decisions he made and that kind of made him who the man he is. In the books I thought it stood out more that he didn't know what he was doing.

1. Joining the wall
2. Making foes in the watch and not brothers
3. Not killing her
4. and it what happens in the future for him

he pretty much screws up a lot but he learns from them and thats how he grows up

StillRemains
Bought The CDs

Post by StillRemains »

Cthree922012 wrote:in the books Jon was pretty dumb with the decisions he made and that kind of made him who the man he is. In the books I thought it stood out more that he didn't know what he was doing.
I'm only part-way through the 3rd book at the moment, but that's kind of the impression that I got from him as well. Add into the fact that he's still so horribly confused about his past, where he exactly came from and dealing with the idea of being a high lord's "bastard" - that's something that an adolescent mind can have a tumultuous time with, especially when such a big deal is made of it in the world of Westeros. Let's not forget, that Jon's still a teenager, dealing with raging testosterone and confusion about life too.

But the fact that he's survived this far, I think, means that he's definitely figuring things out and getting better at it - which will help him much further along in the story.

His complexity/struggle is what I like about him, so far. It may not seem like much, but to me he definitely seems to be such a complex character.
[center]Image

[/center]

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

also the whole "who is his Mother and Father thing".

StillRemains
Bought The CDs

Post by StillRemains »

Cthree922012 wrote:also the whole "who is his Mother and Father thing".
Exactly the point I was making. :)

We know his father is Ned Stark. That much has been proven. But the question since we were first introduced to him and his story is "who exactly is the mother?" It's this question that's truly the basis of Jon Snow - the conflict that such a question provides. :)
[center]Image

[/center]

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Sure, he makes mistakes in the books, but he doesn't come acoss dumb while making them. Robb, Cat, Ned, Tyrion... all have made mistakes too, but they don't come across as brainless as Jon in the show imo.

Joining the Night's Watch might have been a stupid choice, but he'd been lied to about it by everybody, even his own father.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

SPOILER - We're still not 100% sure Ned Stark was Jon's father btw - SPOILER
(highlight to see)
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.