Alter bridge nation iphone app?

Talk about anything and everything here.
AB23
Still Remains

Alter bridge nation iphone app?

Post by AB23 »

Before reading, please note that i really dont have any knowledge whatsoever of the matter. so with that in mind, i was wondering how difficult or time consuming it would be to have an app for this forum or something like a good iphone version of it where it is easier to access on our phones. the reason i ask is that im working almost the entire day, but there are periods during the day where there is no business at work and since we cant use computers i am forced to use my phone. i dont know how easy it could be or if its even worth it, but im sure the majority of us have iphones and as active as the forum is right now could be really handy. thoughts?

Ryan
Blood Machines

Re: Alter bridge nation iphone app?

Post by Ryan »

I believe we were looking at setting it up for Tapatalk if you have that app. It looked like there was a way to enable a mobile version too. We're also checking that out.
Photobucket cash grab.

James Andrews
Brand New Start

Post by James Andrews »

This would be pretty cool and would definitely keep me more active. Hopefully I'll stick with it this time around.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

That would be so awesome Ryan. I'm at work right now struggling using the regular version on my iPhone because the buttons are so small. I don't know what tabatalk is but I'm trustin its good

Ashlee
Site Admin

Post by Ashlee »

Tap-a-talk is $2.99 - we weren't sure if people would want to go that route. There were some suggestions for free apps as well, so we're exploring the possibilities.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

we could get a vote on how many people would purchase it?

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

There are a variety of options that we'll be exploring in the coming weeks, and we'll be sure to keep everyone posted on what we end up deciding to do.

Hopefully we can settle on a decent mobile solution that enables people to stay connected more frequently. That wasn't such a big deal a few years ago, but nowadays it's almost a must.

Until then, I must say that the new theme looks pretty bangin' on mobile devices.

uctalum01
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by uctalum01 »

Tbh, I probably wouldn't buy the app. If it was free I'd probably give it a shot. I'm ok just using it through the browser. I just zoom in if anything is too small to tap in its original size.

ThravRande
Burn It Down

Post by ThravRande »

I'd use it. Always. $3 is kinda stupid though.
Myles Kennedy wrote:I think you're as sharp as.... whatever's sharp.

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

I've been keeping an eye on the forum through my phone while I'm at work lately, just using the mobile web browser, and for me it's working pretty solid. Agree that the screen is tiny, but I just pinch-zoom it out once each page begins to load, and away I go. :)

That said, there was some talk a while back about looking into developing a mobile app for the site, to be a launchpad for the forum, social media pages, maybe include its own news feed if that's not too redundant with the FB/Twitter and forum topics. Looking into our various options.
Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

They used to have a free version, but it's apparently gone now. We'd be setting up the Tapatalk thing for those that already have it.
Photobucket cash grab.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

I don't have much trouble going through Safari and zooming when needed. But I'd buy an app if it weren't too pricey and made things easier and faster, esp if you needed some base number of people to purchase it to make it worth pursuing.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

axlar
Site Admin

Post by axlar »

there are a few mods for phpBB that make the board automatically in better shape for mobile.. though you will lose the design elements.. we're still looking into our options.
"Sing it, Stijn!"
— Myles Kennedy, during Rise Today
Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, 3 November 2013