What were some of your favorite Christmas gifts as a child?

Talk about anything and everything here.
TenaciousBe
On The Rail

What were some of your favorite Christmas gifts as a child?

Post by TenaciousBe »

Thinking back on Christmas morning as a youngster, what were some of your favorite gifts you received back in the day? I remember one year being all excited because I hauled in an Alf sweatshirt, a Spirograph, and this inflatable punching bag thing with sand in the bottom so it would always stand back up. Which my cousins promptly popped a hole in before I barely got to play with it :(

A couple other pretty awesome surprises I found on other years included an electric organ (which I never really learned to play but it was fun to dink around with), and one year a friend of the family who was a really good woodworker built me a right solid toybox to store all my junk in. Sounds kinda boring for a kid, but I loved it! Even back then, I was all kinds of enthralled and excited by gifts that people made rather than went out and bought.

How bout you? Any memorable Christmas morning hauls from years gone by?
Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Re: What were some of your favorite Christmas gifts as a chi

Post by One Drew Remains »

Well this year I got AB tix for Kansas City, the Fortress hoodie and the 2011 summer tour tee. It doesn't get much better than that.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

My fave gifts used to be money and xbox 360 games, which I can buy with my own money that I now make from working so I guess I finally stopped looking forward to christmas because whatever I really want I can buy myself from now on.

AHart96
Rise Today

Post by AHart96 »

Today. PRS SE Tremonti. I'm in heaven
Rock Never Dies

Thanks for the sig Don Harry!

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Well this year has been good for me. I got an AB poster, necklace, hoodie, beanie and coffee mug for christmas.

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

AHart96 wrote:Today. PRS SE Tremonti. I'm in heaven
Congrats man! Enjoy it:) thats also my favorite gift i've ever gotten, but i wasnt a child..
Thanks Timo!

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

My brother and I got a PS2 when I was like 10 (can't exactly remember when it came out). That's my most memorable gift because our parents really kept that one a secret. We were usually pretty good at sneaking around and finding out early. :P We played that thing until it literally died years later. :lol
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

AHart96 wrote:Today. PRS SE Tremonti. I'm in heaven
Puts my electric organ to shame... :mope

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

I got a Fraggle Rock drum set when I was like 4-5 years old. My brother put a hole in the bass drum with the pedal a couple months after Xmas. I was devastated.
Photobucket cash grab.

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

FWAGGLES!!!

Merinda
Sig Queen

Post by Merinda »

The gift I remember most.. the Harry Potter books. OMG I was so excited when I got those one year. At that point The Goblet Of Fire was the most recent so I must have been 8 or 9. Still got 'em. :D

ALTERSTEVE
Isolated

Post by ALTERSTEVE »

My siblings and I got a Nintendo 64 one year. That was awesome.
SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:My fave gifts used to be money and xbox 360 games, which I can buy with my own money that I now make from working so I guess I finally stopped looking forward to christmas because whatever I really want I can buy myself from now on.
Even though Christmas is kind of about using that money to buy things for other people.

Haha I kid.

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Pokèmon Silver when I was a kid. I got a Gameboy Advance and this was the first game I got. The home video is just absolutely pricless.

DivCruz
Loyal Follower

Post by DivCruz »

Almost a decade ago I got a Nintendo DS from my mom who was working in New Zealand, back then. Then, my dad got me a Gameboy Advance SP, who was in Saudi, on the other hand. Intentionally, it was both for Christmas but since my birthday comes January, the GBA SP became a birthday gift instead. :lol

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

I got a Dallas Stars jersey that I was obsessed with.

The problem with growing older is there is a huge element of surprise taken out of any christmas gifts. Like my mom will come up to me and say "hey they have the hat you wanted, so can I get it?" I'm just like mom.... that's why its on my list. IDK. The element of surprise really adds a lot to a gift, but I'm thankful for them all. It just means that someone is thinking about you

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

ALTERSTEVE wrote:My siblings and I got a Nintendo 64 one year. That was awesome.
SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:My fave gifts used to be money and xbox 360 games, which I can buy with my own money that I now make from working so I guess I finally stopped looking forward to christmas because whatever I really want I can buy myself from now on.
Even though Christmas is kind of about using that money to buy things for other people.

Haha I kid.
Yeah I know :) I bought my immediate family gifts this year, but according my extended fam on my moms side (which always has it so that the kids gets gifts from everyone and the adults get secret santas, I still have a couple years to go because my sister hasn't stopped getting gifts from everyone and she's in her mid-twenties and I'm 18 so around 7 years if I care that much to want more than 1 gift a year.