What are you watching right now?

Talk about anything and everything here.
SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Re: What are you watching right now?

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

This YouTube Video of Myles playing in Bittersweet back in 1987 :cloud9

Guitar Solo from "Lonely Nights" by Myles at 7:24 to 7:53
He was like 18 in this video :headbang

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

That's amazing. Wonder if there were any Bon Jovi covers on Myles' first solo album and that's why he didn't think it was timely. :lol

That cover of Take Hold Of The Flame though. That's my favorite QR song ever. Incredible.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

Yeah. Great find.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Los Angeles Kings vs Philadelphia Flyers. First game of the season for the Kings.

In all honesty, I haven't been much of a Kings fan or a hockey fan in the last three years due to school, work, World of Warcraft and sadly the Kings' last three seasons have not been the greatest. Well, that's going to change now, I feel. Going to commit to watching more games and enjoying the glorious game of hockey once again like I did pre-mid 2014. I remember during those times where I was watching four games of hockey at once. I want to enjoy that feeling once again.

Edit: Ok, let me get this straight. So NBC decided to host the Kings home opener on their Sports Channel. That's swell and all. Probably get more viewership than if it was hosted on the usual Fox Sports West channel. However, the Wilds and the Red Wings are playing a game before Kings/Flyers and they still got another 8 minutes left in the 3rd period which could very well last around 12-20 minutes. Thanks NBC, for killing the hype dead so far for me.

It's sad what's happening in Detroit. So many dang empty seats for the Red Wings game and it's got nothing to do with how the team is doing.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

The Avs are 3 and 1!!

Post by gbruin »

One of the (many) great things about hockey is that 8 minutes really is pretty close to 8 minutes, as opposed to basketball or football where 8 minutes is a minimum of 20. Support those Kings, Kev. That's the team I grew up with, though media coverage and televised games were virtually nonexistent for hockey in LA back in the purple and gold days. On the other hand, I feel little to zero sympathy for the Red Wings. We had quite the time with those guys in the late 90s and early 2Ks. I can't feel sorry for those guys at all.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Getting ready to do a Halloween podcast for Halloween (duh!). Having never seen the movies, aside from the original, my friend who hosts the podcast and owns a video store, lent me the entire series

Just finished 4. I like them all so far. I think 4 may be my favorite after Carpenters 1978 masterpiece. Even if the Myers mask is terrible in that one.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: The gym will still be there tomorrow...

Post by zazthespaz »

Anyone else watching Stranger Things season 2? First two episodes were decent, but 3&4 have got me excited. Major cliffhangers at the end of each, tempted to binge the rest tonight...
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

AHart96
Rise Today

Re: The gym will still be there tomorrow...

Post by AHart96 »

zazthespaz wrote:Anyone else watching Stranger Things season 2? First two episodes were decent, but 3&4 have got me excited. Major cliffhangers at the end of each, tempted to binge the rest tonight...
I watched it all on Friday when it was released, loved this season even more than the first. There’s only one episode that doesn’t seem to fit, but you’ll know when you get there. Enjoy!
Rock Never Dies

Thanks for the sig Don Harry!

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Hope it’s not the next one...

Post by zazthespaz »

AHart96 wrote:
zazthespaz wrote:Anyone else watching Stranger Things season 2? First two episodes were decent, but 3&4 have got me excited. Major cliffhangers at the end of each, tempted to binge the rest tonight...
I watched it all on Friday when it was released, loved this season even more than the first. There’s only one episode that doesn’t seem to fit, but you’ll know when you get there. Enjoy!
Haha I’ll let you know when I see it!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Tigra
Isolated

Post by Tigra »

My colleague recommended it to me as well so now I know what I'll watch after I finish The House of Cards.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

I have one more episode of ST2 to go. We were supposed to watch it with the kids but Denise and I stayed up last night after they went to bed and crammed in 4 more episodes.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

The Omega Man starring Chuck Heston.
Altered:

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: And do I really have to wait another year?!

Post by zazthespaz »

gbruin wrote:I have one more episode of ST2 to go. We were supposed to watch it with the kids but Denise and I stayed up last night after they went to bed and crammed in 4 more episodes.
Greg, that's horrible! You can't do that to your kids!!!!
Just finished it. DAMN! They really raise the bar with this show. Hartie, I get what episode you were talking about. It was good for character development, but that whole episode probably could've been condensed. WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR SEASON 3?!?!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

I just finished episode 4. It definitely picked up with episode 3. Today's my day off. To binge or not to binge?
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

It almost looks like I'm speaking Flemish!

Post by gbruin »

Timotheus wrote:I just finished episode 4. It definitely picked up with episode 3. Today's my day off. To binge or not to binge?
Duh! Binge!

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Yes. Unless you're talking GoT and then it's a year and a half!

Post by gbruin »

zazthespaz wrote:
gbruin wrote:I have one more episode of ST2 to go. We were supposed to watch it with the kids but Denise and I stayed up last night after they went to bed and crammed in 4 more episodes.
Greg, that's horrible! You can't do that to your kids!!!!
Just finished it. DAMN! They really raise the bar with this show. Hartie, I get what episode you were talking about. It was good for character development, but that whole episode probably could've been condensed. WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR SEASON 3?!?!
Yeah, that episode is really a stand-alone, but it does add to the back story and to the development of certain characters, and I think it's good the writers took the time to fill out the story some more. Plus, I'll bet we haven't seen the last of some of those people...

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Finished the season yesterday! The last two episodes were spectacular! I think I liked season 1 better, but this ending was more of a pay-off. I've got so much love for this show.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Going to be watching Muse at the Closing Ceremony at Blizzcon. Only can be watched if you have a Blizzcon Virtual Ticket (which cost $40.00)

I'll admit it. I only bought the Virtual Ticket because I wanted a WoW riding mount which looked like this that can be attained via buying the ticket.

So, the fact that Muse is playing a concert at the closing ceremony makes me feel a lot better about the purchase. From what I see in other Blizzcon closing ceremony concerts, the bands were getting roughly 90 minutes or so, so that's great news for me.

Edit: I like how their drummer dressed up for this occasion wearing some look-a-like armor you would see in a Blizzard game, but it sure is impractical when it comes to drumming a full set.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Getting ready to review the TMNT films. Binging on those right now. Hadn't seen any after Secret of the Ooze.
Altered:

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Finished the Stranger Things season at last (late to the party as ever), little less tight that season 1 and treading over a lot of the same ground, but it's still so damn fun. Dustin and Steve spin-off please.
For all of the hope that it brings...