What are you watching right now?

Talk about anything and everything here.
zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Banned.

Post by zazthespaz »

Ubik wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:26 pm
zazthespaz wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:18 pm Yeah just started season 4 this past weekend. It's a noticeable change from the previous 3 seasons and I don't really like it. Still funny stuff and glad to watch, but I really liked how everyone had their own independent story going on that would all come together in a humorous way at the end of every episode. Now it seems like they focus on just a few characters and one or two storylines. Also hasn't been much of George Michael and Maeby yet and they had some of my favorite scenes! I'm hoping they come back more. Is that a general consensus or just me?

Also, unrelated to plot, I read about Jeffrey Tambor's blowup on Jessica Walter and that kinda put a damper on my enjoyment :( I should really stop reading about shows before I finish them. I always end up reading spoilers I regret.

Possibly my favourite example of that. Love George Michael! I now can't hear the word "manager" without correcting in my head to "Mr Manager."

Yeah Tambor's unfortunately a bit of a prick. Didn't he guest on Archer for a few eps as well?
Haha that is a perfect example! I don't remember Tambor on Archer but I believe it.

So sad to hear about Jessica Walter passing away today. I don't know too many of her roles but the ones I do I love her in! Sad to see for Archer and any potential Arrested Development episodes.
gbruin wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:10 am That may be the best subject line ever, Ubik.
Yup, that was definitely me that wrote that! Totally me...
Hahaha I didn't realize that was mine! WTF G.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Gah. That was super soft. Figure it out, greg.

Post by gbruin »

zazthespaz wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:50 pm
gbruin wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:10 am That may be the best subject line ever, Ubik.
Yup, that was definitely me that wrote that! Totally me...
Hahaha I didn't realize that was mine! WTF G.
:facepalm
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Re: What are you watching right now?

Post by gbruin »

Just wrapped up Falcon and the Winter Soldier last night. Great series. I really loved the interplay between Sam and Bucky. I really enjoyed WandaVision, too, but this series had a lot more action and was simpler to follow, and I'm frankly all about simpler right now. But if Marvel wants to keep making any kinds of these miniseries, I'm very ok with it.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

gbruin wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:01 am Just wrapped up Falcon and the Winter Soldier last night. Great series. I really loved the interplay between Sam and Bucky. I really enjoyed WandaVision, too, but this series had a lot more action and was simpler to follow, and I'm frankly all about simpler right now. But if Marvel wants to keep making any kinds of these miniseries, I'm very ok with it.
See you in a few weeks for the Loki series :D

I enjoyed both this one and WandaVision too. They’re bringing typical MCU film quality into the mini-series format which is cool.

Still waiting for them to green light Sebastian Stan as Luke Skywalker...
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Been binge-watching Castle the last week or so on Disney+, Currently on Season 6. I jokingly call the show Beckett since her character is the main reason I've continued to watch it :lol But the rest of the main core cast is great in the show too; Javier, Castle, Kevin, etc. :peace

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

I think I've watched that show through twice (except the last season, which I've avoided) for not entirely dissimilar reasons.
For all of the hope that it brings...

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Ubik wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:17 pm I think I've watched that show through twice (except the last season, which I've avoided) for not entirely dissimilar reasons.
Why have you been avoiding the last season, Ubik? :lol :eek

Another friend of mine who was also a Stana Katic fan said that they hadnt seen the last 2 seasons or so I think but Im committed to finishing the series since Stana was a part it till the end :lol

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:24 pm
Ubik wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:17 pm I think I've watched that show through twice (except the last season, which I've avoided) for not entirely dissimilar reasons.
Why have you been avoiding the last season, Ubik? :lol :eek

Another friend of mine who was also a Stana Katic fan said that they hadnt seen the last 2 seasons or so I think but Im committed to finishing the series since Stana was a part it till the end :lol
It's just like a lot of those shows, it runs out of steam towards the end and jumps the shark too often. Apparently she and Fillion hated each other as well and the only way they'd do the last season was if they barely shared screen time :lol Lemme know how you find it.
For all of the hope that it brings...

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Ubik wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:54 pm It's just like a lot of those shows, it runs out of steam towards the end and jumps the shark too often. Apparently she and Fillion hated each other as well and the only way they'd do the last season was if they barely shared screen time :lol Lemme know how you find it.
Yeah I heard about the drama between Stana and Nathan when I googled more about the show when I first started watching it. It sucks when coworkers dont get along but at the end of the day not everyone is gonna get along with eachother at the workplace. But as long as they are professional about it on screen and still try to give their characters and story a proper performance then whatever happens behind the scenes is easily ignored from a viewer perspective IMO. :lol :/

And like I said before, as long as Stana still gets good chunks of screen time and good plot then I'll be fine :lol

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Oh Beckett, my Beckett...

Post by gbruin »

I was/am a huge Firefly and Serenity fan, so I started watching Castle way back for Nathan Fillion, and I stayed because Stana is a goddess.

UninvitedZero
Isolated

Post by UninvitedZero »

Just started watching Metalocalypse. Almost finished season one already. 11 minute episodes are easy to binge... :lol

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Why reboot just one idea when you can mashup three?

Post by gbruin »

The family started bingeing Manifest, a Netflix series about a plane that takes off from Jamaica and lands, unbeknownst to the passengers but to the world's shock, 5 years later and follows the characters' issues with reintegrating into life which has moved on without them as well as the passengers' discovery that they now collectively hear voices and share premonitions. It sorts of an amalgam of Lost, Avengers End Game, and Man In The High Castle. It's pretty ridiculous, but it's reasonably entertaining.

maximzub
On The Rail

Mark Treficki? Brian Marshfick? Scott Phickips?

Post by maximzub »

Not watching anything right now but last night my parents were watching a movie and I happened to catch some of it. The characters were talking about some character named Myles Kennefick.
I'm in love with somebody...
Found someone who completes me...
I'm in love with somebody...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

gbruin
MEGLADONG

I'm American! I need to BINGE!!

Post by gbruin »

I'm really enjoying Loki so far, but I hate having to wait a week between episodes.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Daily binge on bicycles!!

Post by gbruin »

But beginning today at 4am local...The Tour de France, every morning!!!

Micky
On The Rail

Post by Micky »

Been watching the Stanley Cup Finals and Montreal has really disappointed me. I don't root for them normally but i was hoping to see them win this series. Tampa being $18 million over the cap and having won the cup last year has me really against them. Overall a disappointing series so far as its looking like Tampa is gonna sweep.
Thanks Andy!

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

Micky wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:52 pm Been watching the Stanley Cup Finals and Montreal has really disappointed me. I don't root for them normally but i was hoping to see them win this series. Tampa being $18 million over the cap and having won the cup last year has me really against them. Overall a disappointing series so far as its looking like Tampa is gonna sweep.
I was rooting pretty hard against Tampa for those reasons and also for their whiney players and families complaining that an entire country wouldn't change its border covid restrictions because they wanted to celebrate with the Cup. In the end, the Habs were pretty respectable, getting one win and having had a decent chance in 2 or 3 of the others, but the outcome last night wasn't a surprise. Vasilevsky was too good. The NHL really needs to fix that postseason salary cap loophole, though. What a crock.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Or paranormal stuff too I guess.

Post by zazthespaz »

Just started watching Wellington Paranormal. It’s a spoof on the X Files, but it’s written by Jemaine Clement from Flight of the Conchords and has been through several seasons in New Zealand I believe. Just debuted in the US and I’m 3 episodes in and loving it. Very deadpan humor which I love. Definitely recommend if you’re into comedies.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Sports? Which one - oh, never mind. Yes!

Post by gbruin »

Having a 12 hour time shift for the Olympics is tough, but I am watching replays of the early heats of men's and women's rowing.

I am seriously stoked for tonight's men's cycling road race which I will watch live from 8pm to approx 2am.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I, too, am watching various Olympic streams. My goodness, as I get older, the more I realize that I don't care much about the Summer games. Currently, I'm watching mixed Ping Pong and 3v3 half-court basketball.

Luckily, the Winter games is one year away and I enjoy that a lot better. I just hope the NHL can let their players in the Olympic games. The league will be kicking and screaming and doing whatever it takes to not make it happen for various reasons (some are actually reasonable).