What are you watching right now?

Talk about anything and everything here.
Crumbso
On The Rail

Re: What are you watching right now?

Post by Crumbso »

These are all great reviews to read. I LOVE Goldeneye. It was the first Bond film I really watched on VHS and it's burned into my brain (along with Famke Janssen, who both scared and intrigued my teenage mind :lol). Great acting, great story and superb action scenes.

I guess you're a touch younger than me because when people mention the name James Bond, my mind's eye just sees Brosnan. He has an uneven run but he was never the problem in his films.

Micky
On The Rail

Post by Micky »

Crumbso wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 1:31 pm These are all great reviews to read. I LOVE Goldeneye. It was the first Bond film I really watched on VHS and it's burned into my brain (along with Famke Janssen, who both scared and intrigued my teenage mind :lol). Great acting, great story and superb action scenes.

I guess you're a touch younger than me because when people mention the name James Bond, my mind's eye just sees Brosnan. He has an uneven run but he was never the problem in his films.
I’m 28! I didn’t see my first Bond until maybe 2004. My parents didn’t want me watching them until I was older so I never saw any Brosnan films in theaters.

I will probably always think of Brosnana as bond too. However, I was growing up and seeing all the Craig films in theaters during their release and all throughout my young adult life!
Thanks Andy!

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

Micky wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 2:58 pm
Crumbso wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 1:31 pm These are all great reviews to read. I LOVE Goldeneye. It was the first Bond film I really watched on VHS and it's burned into my brain (along with Famke Janssen, who both scared and intrigued my teenage mind :lol). Great acting, great story and superb action scenes.

I’m 28! I didn’t see my first Bond until maybe 2004. My parents didn’t want me watching them until I was older so I never saw any Brosnan films in theaters.

I will probably always think of Brosnana as bond too. However, I was growing up and seeing all the Craig films in theaters during their release and all throughout my young adult life!
That figures. I'm 34 so just a bit before you entering into these films. Craig's films really are fantastic though. He has done at least two of the top 5 Bond films and brought so much to the character.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

For all of the hope that it brings...

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Stop using cocaine, America.

Post by gbruin »

Narcos: Mexico season 3 was pretty fire.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Jessica McKenna voicing "Various Actors!" Oh boy!

Post by zazthespaz »

I was dog sitting for a friend who has HBO, so I watched Dune and gotta say, still not a fan. It's a great story and the movie is done real well (although not entirely true to the book if I remember correctly; pretty close though), I just think it deserves a more fleshed out and detailed story. I've come to the (probably incorrect) conclusion that Frank Herbert was trying to reach the epic scale of the Lord of the Rings (& Hobbit), but compressed into one book. There's so much crammed into the first 20% of the book that could probably be fleshed out into a whole other book(s), but instead, the book goes, "Here's a boy, his mom is special, so he's special by birth, his dad is now the ruler of a money making planet, people want them all dead, and now they're in the desert." There's not enough time or backstory given for me to develop any emotional attachment to any of the characters at the start, so I have no interest in them for the rest of the story. Was hoping the movie would make me enjoy the story a little more, but, :shrug

I also watched all of Ten-Year-Old Tom on HBO while I was there. Hilarious alt-comedy with a bunch of great comedian voice actors I was surprised to see I knew. The animation can be a bit distracting at times (it literally looks like a ten year old drew everything) but it kept me laughing throughout.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MaraCarr »

I started watching this Korean series on Netflix based on a comic. It's called Hellbound. It is pretty intense and actually has a few twists but not for those who get weak at the sight of blood. It is Bruce Lee meets Hellraiser.

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MaraCarr »

I just finished the last season of “You”! It’s good, twisted but entertaining!

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Karen on steroids. Lots of steroids. And hate.

Post by gbruin »

Been catching up on Yellowstone. Beth is really something else, haha.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

I finally got around to finishing Nathan For You, how many 20 minute comedy shows have a feature length finale featuring a Bill Gates impersonator touching on regret and missed chances? Can't be any more than about 3.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Ubik gets me.

Post by zazthespaz »

Ubik wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 1:33 pm I finally got around to finishing Nathan For You, how many 20 minute comedy shows have a feature length finale featuring a Bill Gates impersonator touching on regret and missed chances? Can't be any more than about 3.
Such a good show! Hope it comes back some day! In the meantime, here's a small fix:
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

gbruin
MEGLADONG

There's such a fine line

Post by gbruin »

That was pretty hilarious. Until it got creepy.

But it still stayed hilarious.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Re: Ubik gets me.

Post by Ubik »

zazthespaz wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:09 pm
Ubik wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 1:33 pm I finally got around to finishing Nathan For You, how many 20 minute comedy shows have a feature length finale featuring a Bill Gates impersonator touching on regret and missed chances? Can't be any more than about 3.
Such a good show! Hope it comes back some day! In the meantime, here's a small fix:
:lol Like a sequel to the Claw of Shame.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

I have been watching Dexter: New Blood and The Rookie season 4 and I watched season 2 of The Witcher when that premiered and the first episode of The Book of Boba Fett. Thats pretty much it :lol

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Which is why I've decided to just become a Witcher myself.

Post by zazthespaz »

Been watching season 2 of The Witcher and am loving it! Probably a little less action than season 1, but seeing the character development of Ciri and seeing the events that lead up to what takes place in The Witcher 3 video game (and books [which I've never read]) is exciting to watch for me. I've got 2 episodes left and I'm sad to watch them, don't want to wait another 2 years for the next season :lol
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Scream… Again

Post by MaraCarr »

I went to the theater today and watched… Scream!
I loved it! You have no idea who is doing the killing til the very end. They brought all the old stars back! Awesome Movie if you are a “Scream” fan!

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Free on Amazon Prime!

Post by MaraCarr »

“’Jennifer’s Body”!

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Started watching Pretty Little Lies on Saturday, finished season 1 last night.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Lord of the Rings is the best trilogy, calling it. Writing it down in pen.

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

Ubik wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:05 pm Lord of the Rings is the best trilogy, calling it. Writing it down in pen.
You may be right. Although I tend to agree with Viggo Mortensen that the quality goes down after Fellowship.

https://ew.com/article/2014/05/17/viggo ... interview/