The Movie Thread

Talk about anything and everything here.
ALTERSTEVE
Isolated

The Movie Thread

Post by ALTERSTEVE »

Yes, I'm back.

So I work at a movie theater and I get to see movies for free. So far, over the past year I've seen well over 50 movies at the theater, the last of which was the new Adam Sandler movie, "That's My Boy." I've also recently seen "Rock of Ages," "Snow White and the Huntsman," "Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted," "Men in Black 3," "Prometheus," and of course "The Avengers" (three times).

What was the last movie you saw? What's your favorite movie? My goal is to be a film producer and director, so I may be posting here a lot.

Heretic
TABN.com Citizen

Re: The Movie Thread

Post by Heretic »

Prometheus. And I loved it, definitely my favorite movie of the year so far.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

has anyone here seen the movie hostage with bruce willis about the 3 college aged kids who accidentally take the family of a huge mansion hostage? and bruce is the negotiator? its freakin awesome, so action packed from the beginning to the end. but not many people have heard of it.

ALTERSTEVE
Isolated

Post by ALTERSTEVE »

Heretic wrote:Prometheus. And I loved it, definitely my favorite movie of the year so far.
It wasn't at all what I was expecting (I thought it was going to be a horror film like "Alien") but it's a great one for sure. Not going to give anything away, but the director was claiming for a long time before it was released that it's not a prequel to the "Alien" movies, but I really doubt that.

Heretic
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Heretic »

ALTERSTEVE wrote:
Heretic wrote:Prometheus. And I loved it, definitely my favorite movie of the year so far.
It wasn't at all what I was expecting (I thought it was going to be a horror film like "Alien") but it's a great one for sure. Not going to give anything away, but the director was claiming for a long time before it was released that it's not a prequel to the "Alien" movies, but I really doubt that.
Well given the fact that a Xenomorph bursts out of the Engineer at the end of the movie, the Weyland company is involved, and the same kind of ship from Alien being present on the planet in Prometheus, plus the film somewhat exploring how the Xenomorph came to be (a bio-weapon, apparently, to wipe out the Engineers' enemies) I'd say that it is definitely a prequel and set entirely in the same universe. The theme of the movie is different in that it explores our creators and acts more as a sci-fi epic than a horror film, but they are entirely of the same DNA. But yeah, great movie!

psycosquirrel789
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by psycosquirrel789 »

I really like Clint Eastwood a lot. Million Dollar Baby and Mystic River are two of my favorite movies. I'd say Sean Penn is my favorite actor. His role in I Am Sam is the best acting I've ever seen. "You don't know what's it's like when you try and you try and you never get there. Because you were born perfect and I was born like this". Cracked a tear on that one.

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

how was the snow white movie? is it bearable? my wife is dragging me to go see, just need a head's up for what i'm in for. should i fall asleep? :lol
Photobucket cash grab.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: no boobies though.

Post by zazthespaz »

Ryan wrote:how was the snow white movie? is it bearable? my wife is dragging me to go see, just need a head's up for what i'm in for. should i fall asleep? :lol
yeah just saw it yesterday, 8/10, interesting story, a lot of action but not too much that the story is lost. i say go for it!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Vaux
Isolated

Post by Vaux »

I love movies but my wife doesn't really like to go to the theater that much so I end up just renting them off of directv when they come out on video. Saw Safe House last week and it was ok. I have seen most of the new releases over the last year but nothing I have seen has been really good that stands out. Maybe True Grit was the last movie I saw that I really liked. I liked Drive Angry too.

ALTERSTEVE
Isolated

Post by ALTERSTEVE »

Ryan wrote:how was the snow white movie? is it bearable? my wife is dragging me to go see, just need a head's up for what i'm in for. should i fall asleep? :lol
It was okay. It has some good action and a decent story, but I didn't find it that memorable. It's a good movie to see once IMO.

Merinda
Sig Queen

Post by Merinda »

I'm keen to see the Snow White movie.. she may be expressionless but I'm a fan of Kristen Stewart. Last movie I watched was Raise Your Voice. Yeah the one with Hilary Duff. Wanted to see if I saw it the same way I did when I was twelve. I didn't. It was shit.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Last new film I saw was Prometheus, was a bit of a let down but enjoyable enough. Last actual film I saw was Shawshank Redemption the other night, I love that film so much.
For all of the hope that it brings...

Macca
Greg

Post by Macca »

I watched Chronicle last night. I love that movie.
AllC392Was wrote:How is Macca funny?

Decay

Post by Decay »

The last movie I watched was ''The Avengers''. Looking forward to watching ''Men In Black 3'' and ''Rock Of Ages''

ALTERSTEVE
Isolated

Post by ALTERSTEVE »

"Rock of Ages" was a fun movie. It was a lot funnier than I was expecting. Pretty raunchy for a PG-13 movie, though.

Ashlee
Site Admin

Post by Ashlee »

If you go into Rock of Ages with an open mind it really is just fun, campy, sing along fun. I thought Tom Cruise was superb, mostly because I forgot he was Tom Cruise. When you're as famous as he is, you have to be really, really good at the character to get people to suspend disbelief.

Merinda, Kristen Stewart was actually pretty good in Snow White and the Huntsman. Probably because she didn't talk very much. The fight scenes and CGI were pretty cool too.

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

Chronicle..missed that one, wanted to see it. I'll look for it on Netflix.
Photobucket cash grab.

ALTERSTEVE
Isolated

Post by ALTERSTEVE »

Ashlee wrote:If you go into Rock of Ages with an open mind it really is just fun, campy, sing along fun. I thought Tom Cruise was superb, mostly because I forgot he was Tom Cruise. When you're as famous as he is, you have to be really, really good at the character to get people to suspend disbelief.
I agree, Tom Cruise was superb. I thought Russell Brand and Alec Baldwin were the highlights of the film, though. That one particular scene with the two of them (spoiler alert) declaring their love for each other almost had me on the floor. :lol

Merinda
Sig Queen

Post by Merinda »

Ashlee wrote:Merinda, Kristen Stewart was actually pretty good in Snow White and the Huntsman. Probably because she didn't talk very much. The fight scenes and CGI were pretty cool too.
Haha.. snap. Still keen. Hopefully get around to seeing it while it's in the cinema.

Gonna go see Ice Age 4 on Saturdee. Lookin' forward to it.

Just watched Fantastic Four.. forgot how good it was. Julian McMahon is awesome.

Jhenrid
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jhenrid »

ALTERSTEVE wrote:Yes, I'm back.

So I work at a movie theater and I get to see movies for free. So far, over the past year I've seen well over 50 movies at the theater, the last of which was the new Adam Sandler movie, "That's My Boy." I've also recently seen "Rock of Ages," "Snow White and the Huntsman," "Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted," "Men in Black 3," "Prometheus," and of course "The Avengers" (three times).

What was the last movie you saw? What's your favorite movie? My goal is to be a film producer and director, so I may be posting here a lot.
How long you been working at a movie theatre? I work at one too but I've unfortunately have become jaded for several different reasons. Last movie I saw was battleship, I plan on going to see Prometheus sometime this week if my sister stops flaking out on me.