Colorado Movie Theater Shooting

Talk about anything and everything here.
AB23
Still Remains

Re: Colorado Movie Theater Shooting

Post by AB23 »

it goes back to the point that guns dont kill people

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

AB23 wrote:it goes back to the point that guns dont kill people
People do. Thats exactly right, 100%. The person pulls the trigger

I'm just praying for a way to make it harder for people to get hold of guns full stop. If someone has to feel like they need to own a gun to protect themself against someone else with a gun; then we need to wonder why and how the first guy got a gun.. Ya know???

As i type this, i can hear gun shots across the fields from where i live. Hunting should be banned. Gun ownership should be banned. People shouldnt shoot eachother.

Love the posts from everyone here, Greg you and your people are heroes.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

10topprs wrote:If you were to really do any gun research you'd find that the "Assault Weapons" people keep referring to here are no different from any other rifle of the same caliber... they just look cooler haha... seriously though, an AR-15 is nothing more than a plain rifle of any caliber dressed up to look like an M-16... the mechanics are basically the same as any hunting rifle of the same caliber... the only things that make it an "Assault Rifle" are the pistol grip and it's profile. We DO have a ban on TRUE assault rifles in this country... you can't own a weapon with 3 round burst or that is fully automatic... those characteristics are what truly constitute a weapon being considered an assault weapon. Not the body kit... that's just window dressing. Might look more menacing but it doesn't make the weapon any more dangerous or even efficient...
One thing I'm curious about - what is it that makes the ban on assault weapons constitutional, that can't be applied to stuff like this rifle? Is it because they're used ostensibly for hunting and such?

I don't want to get overly involved in the gun debate, I strongly dislike them and would be in favour of a ban, but I recognise that for americans (generalising here) there's a completely different mindset to those of us over here in England and other such places, and I have to respect that. If there's ever a democratic will for their banning then it'll happen, it's pointless me saying what they should or shouldn't do.

The most important thing to say - huge respect to Greg and all the others in the hospitals around Denver that had to deal with the consequences of all this, and my thoughts are with all the victims and their families.
For all of the hope that it brings...

Nick
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Nick »

Another point, even when it comes to handguns, guns tend to cause more accidental than intentional harm. It's more likely that a child will get its hands on the family gun and injure itself or someone else than it being used to protect the home from a criminal.
gbruin wrote:Everything Nick says is true. Even when he disagrees with me. Then it's extra true.

Violent Corpse
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Violent Corpse »

This is crazy.

Why are guns even available for citizens at all?

DonHarry
King Slayer

Post by DonHarry »

As Jim said, and some of you know, I'm an ER doc here in the Denver area.
I didn't know that Grubin. Slightly off topic but I don't know any docs that listen to Tremonti, you're a fucking boss doctor.

Anyway, I can fully appreciate what you're saying, I've seen plenty of sad shit at work and I've not been in the game that long. A&E is probably my favourite branch of medicine (After Radiology ofc :P) cos you guys make the most difference in my opinion. Keep up the good work man.

These types of shootings seem to be happening more often. It's fucking terrible. It's just totally selfish.

itaughttremonti
TABN.com Citizen

Post by itaughttremonti »

Violent Corpse wrote:This is crazy.

Why are guns even available for citizens at all?
To protect ourselves from a tyrannical government, should it ever occur. The forefathers of Amercia left England for a reason, and they wanted the constitution to defend the right for citizens to be able to protect themselves from the government. They didn't put that in the constitution so we could enjoy hunting or target shooting. It is there for protection.

DonHarry
King Slayer

Post by DonHarry »

To protect ourselves from a tyrannical government, should it ever occur.
I'm sure your 9mm handguns would be more than a match for the governments multi-billion dollar military.

10topprs
Bought The CDs

Post by 10topprs »

10topprs wrote: When this country was founded, the writers of the Constitution were not worried about our ability to hunt, nor were they concerned about assuring that we could ward off burglars. The sole reason that firearms were important enough to be included in the Bill of Rights was to guarantee our ability to protect ourselves from OUR government. Think of it as an insurance policy... the last resort in our system of checks and balances. In the 1700's, gun carrying citizens kept the government honest. Millions of gun owners in our country today would also serve as a deterrent for a total government takeover.
itaughttremonti wrote:To protect ourselves from a tyrannical government, should it ever occur. The forefathers of Amercia left England for a reason, and they wanted the constitution to defend the right for citizens to be able to protect themselves from the government. They didn't put that in the constitution so we could enjoy hunting or target shooting. It is there for protection.
This is exactly why we have the right to bear arms. It keeps a scenario like Nazi Germany from ever occurring here. It's a deterrent for tyranny. That was the intention when it was included in the Bill of Rights. I get angry when people talk of banning guns because I'm a very strong defender of the Constitution, a Patriot, and a Veteran. I went as far as serving this country to defend the Constitution and what it stands for. I don't disagree that guns, in the hands of the wrong individuals, can do great evil, but the right to carry serves a greater purpose here. Not for rednecks and backwoods hicks, not for hunting, not even for home enforcement... It's a part of our checks and balances. In this country, THE PEOPLE hold the power. Unfortunately, most here don't even understand that concept.

10topprs
Bought The CDs

Post by 10topprs »

DonHarry wrote:
I'm sure your 9mm handguns would be more than a match for the governments multi-billion dollar military.
The type of weapon isn't the deterrent man, it's how outnumbered they are. One 9mm is no match, your right, but millions of gun carrying Americans are.

Macca
Greg

Post by Macca »

DonHarry wrote:
hahahahahaha lush harreh
AllC392Was wrote:How is Macca funny?

itaughttremonti
TABN.com Citizen

Post by itaughttremonti »

DonHarry wrote:
Which is why I still support the rights to own assault rifles and tactical gear. Owning these things do not make me a murder.

What if the guy went through and whacked everyone with a baseball bat? Would we ban little league base all from being played? The bats still a weapon right? Or do you have to have written permission to own the bat? I mean come on people...stop shifting blame from the human beings that do these things to inanimate objects that are merely instruments to use at the human beings disposal.

Macca
Greg

Post by Macca »

lol it's a lot easier to kill 10+ people with a gun that it would be to batter them all to death with a baseball bat
AllC392Was wrote:How is Macca funny?

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

10topprs wrote:This is exactly why we have the right to bear arms. It keeps a scenario like Nazi Germany from ever occurring here.
This is not true.
itaughttremonti wrote:What if the guy went through and whacked everyone with a baseball bat? Would we ban little league base all from being played? The bats still a weapon right? Or do you have to have written permission to own the bat? I mean come on people...stop shifting blame from the human beings that do these things to inanimate objects that are merely instruments to use at the human beings disposal.
That analogy does your argument no good at all.

10topprs
Bought The CDs

Post by 10topprs »

Ubik wrote:
10topprs wrote:This is exactly why we have the right to bear arms. It keeps a scenario like Nazi Germany from ever occurring here.
This is not true.
This is absolutely true!

Stace
Bought The CDs

Post by Stace »

What a terrible tradgedy, terrible waste.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

10topprs wrote:
Ubik wrote:
This is not true.
This is absolutely true!
Well it is why the 2nd Amendment was put in, yeah, but allowing everyone guns wouldn't have stopped Nazi Germany from happening, and it wouldn't stop a similar scenario happening in the US.

10topprs
Bought The CDs

Post by 10topprs »

I completely disagree... It would be up to us, if we were to see this scenario taking shape, to stop it from occurring. Nazi Germany is what we use today as the stereotypical model of a fascist, tyrannical government regime. Atrocities like those that occurred under that regime may not have been foreseen by our forefathers, but I can assure you the second amendment is meant to protect against exactly that, by default.

Jaded Rescue
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jaded Rescue »

I should clarify, while I wish guns didn't exist, I do understand that they do exist and we should have a right to own them to prevent tyranny.

DonHarry
King Slayer

Post by DonHarry »

In this country, THE PEOPLE hold the power.
Hahaha, I mean no disrespect, but I actually laughed out loud at that comment.