The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Talk about anything and everything here.
SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Re: It's complicated, even we don't know what we are.

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

AB4Lyfe wrote:Introducing my girlfriend(?) to Alter Bridge, Mayfield Four, and Tremonti. Holy shit, she loves it! Thought the song Dust was amazing.
You lucky bastard! Good luck!
AB4Lyfe wrote:her favorite song is "Fuck You Back 2 Sleep" by Chris Brown...yeah...but she says she is a fan of all genres.
:lol Such a random song!
Timotheus wrote:Woo! A girl with good taste in music. Instant GF material :D
Yep. That's why when I go searching I'm going to make sure one of the requirements is liking AB and Tremonti/ Myles & Mark. :D "Do you like this kind of music?" "No." "Okay sorry for wasting your time, bye!" :lol

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Re: The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Post by Timotheus »

Shea's search for the perfect Canadian girlfriend:

"Do you like this kind of music?"
"I love it!"
*Gasp* "Are you Inconquerable?"
"Who?"
"NEXT!"
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Timotheus wrote:Shea's search for the perfect Canadian girlfriend:

"Do you like this kind of music?"
"I love it!"
*Gasp* "Are you Inconquerable?"
"Who?"
"NEXT!"
:lol That legit made me laugh out loud! Love it!

Violent Corpse
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Violent Corpse »

Hmmm there hasn't been an argument for a few days here. I want to change that.

Let's see........ oh, I got one! The dog-eating festival is near in China. How many of you are outraged about it?

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:
AB4Lyfe wrote:Introducing my girlfriend(?) to Alter Bridge, Mayfield Four, and Tremonti. Holy shit, she loves it! Thought the song Dust was amazing.
You lucky bastard! Good luck!
AB4Lyfe wrote:her favorite song is "Fuck You Back 2 Sleep" by Chris Brown...yeah...but she says she is a fan of all genres.
:lol Such a random song!
Timotheus wrote:Woo! A girl with good taste in music. Instant GF material :D
Yep. That's why when I go searching I'm going to make sure one of the requirements is liking AB and Tremonti/ Myles & Mark. :D "Do you like this kind of music?" "No." "Okay sorry for wasting your time, bye!" :lol
Timotheus wrote:Powerful is a pretty good word to use to describe that song..

If you love her, we love her as well (in a familial way)!
Well let's not whip out the "L" word quite yet, this is still very new. And thanks Shea! Yeah, random song but as far as modern pop goes, it's tolerable.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Violent Corpse wrote:Hmmm there hasn't been an argument for a few days here. I want to change that.

Let's see........ oh, I got one! The dog-eating festival is near in China. How many of you are outraged about it?
I don't like it, and the way it happens is horrible, but hey.. We eat pigs, which are more intelligent animals than dogs. And if you think pigs get killed peacefully you are mistaken.
AB4Lyfe wrote:Well let's not whip out the "L" word quite yet, this is still very new. And thanks Shea! Yeah, random song but as far as modern pop goes, it's tolerable.
Gotcha. Scary L word.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Violent Corpse
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Violent Corpse »

Timotheus wrote:
Violent Corpse wrote:Hmmm there hasn't been an argument for a few days here. I want to change that.

I don't like it, and the way it happens is horrible, but hey.. We eat pigs, which are more intelligent animals than dogs. And if you think pigs get killed peacefully you are mistaken.
So pork-eaters at least have no right to object to it. That's what I think too.

Lotha
Colloquial

yes, same taste in music is not really important

Post by Lotha »

It doesn't matter whether you and your gf/bf like the same music, if you don't share the same views on things that are really important.
Photobucket is responsible for my lack of signature today.

TABN Discord: https://discord.gg/sGXRGZ

Violent Corpse
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: yes, same taste in music is not really important

Post by Violent Corpse »

Lotha wrote:It doesn't matter whether you and your gf/bf like the same music, if you don't share the same views on things that are really important.
It doesn't matter if you both like AB. But it does matter if you both like Mastodon, Gojira, Opeth and Agalloch. :D

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Re: yes, same taste in music is not really important

Post by Timotheus »

Violent Corpse wrote:
Lotha wrote:It doesn't matter whether you and your gf/bf like the same music, if you don't share the same views on things that are really important.
It doesn't matter if you both like AB. But it does matter if you both like Mastodon, Gojira, Opeth and Agalloch. :D
The AB fan will make it matter, lol.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Lotha
Colloquial

Post by Lotha »

It doesn't matter even if you like black metal and they like pop is what I'm sayin' here :D

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

I don't necessarily think it's too important, but your significant other should, at least, be able to tolerate your music, and vice versa. It's a problem if you hate each other's music.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Not this shit again.

Lotha
Colloquial

Post by Lotha »

AB4Lyfe wrote:I don't necessarily think it's too important, but your significant other should, at least, be able to tolerate your music, and vice versa. It's a problem if you hate each other's music.
It's a problem only for your egos, cause headphones exist and can solve all other issues :D

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Lotha wrote:
AB4Lyfe wrote:I don't necessarily think it's too important, but your significant other should, at least, be able to tolerate your music, and vice versa. It's a problem if you hate each other's music.
It's a problem only for your egos, cause headphones exist and can solve all other issues :D
What do egos have to do with someone wanting a partner with the same taste in music and bands?

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

Opeth sucks. :shifty

Lotha
Colloquial

Post by Lotha »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:
Lotha wrote:
What do egos have to do with someone wanting a partner with the same taste in music and bands?
Everything? Though "someone wanting a partner with the same taste in music and bands" isn't the same as the problem of two people hating each other's music. What I meant there with egos getting in the way is that people tend to perceive it as personal when someone they love hates something that they love as well.
But you don't ever have to hear their music, and they never have to hear yours, if you really can't tolerate it. That's what I meant with headphones.

But sure, you'd want someone you could talk with about your favorite music and share the enjoyment and all that. But why do we ever seek out people who like the same things as we do, if not to get a validation for our own tastes? It's still quite egoistical in its core. And unimportant for a relationship.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Music is the thing that that I value the most in my life besides family and friends. I'd at least want to share one band or artist with my soulmate. Not because I want her to like all the things I like, but because it's such a big part of my life.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Lotha
Colloquial

Post by Lotha »

Of course.

Violent Corpse
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Violent Corpse »

Fish Tacos wrote:
Opeth sucks. :shifty
They do now. But if you're talking about their older stuff too, then I must challenge you to a guitar-duel. That's just not up for debate. :fingerwag
SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:

Not this shit again.
Just wanted to see you lose your wits again. I'm sorry. :peace