The Official SPIDER-MAN Thread

Talk about anything and everything here.
TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Re: The Official SPIDER-MAN Thread

Post by TenaciousBe »

It's different people making the movies, the story told in some slightly different ways, and somebody had to overwrite the mistake of casting Tobey as Spidey.
Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I assumed it was an easy cash grab...lol.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

JustinVaughnTaylor
Brand New Start

Post by JustinVaughnTaylor »

Well, they had originally planned on doing 6 spider man films (if I remember correctly). Something about contracts not lining up or something along those lines led them to abandon the first incarnation of it and I guess they felt they could start a new series and do better lol. I wasn't a fan of the first trilogy.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Makes sense I suppose. I just couldn't imagine the next three Halo games that are being done by 343 Industries being remakes of the first trilogy lol. But I guess if fans thought the original trilogy left a lot to be desired it was a decent move.

JaredWard
Blood Machines

Post by JaredWard »

Because the third film was a disaster & $$$ of course. Batman will be rebooted at some point too but I'm hoping they skip out on an origin story this time.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

JaredWard wrote:...Batman will be rebooted at some point too...
Does this happen with every popular super hero movie series or something? lol

JaredWard
Blood Machines

Post by JaredWard »

I think it's more common with super heroes because there are so many stories to tell & let's face it... they sell. I think DC is looking to make a Justice League movie too.

Electricladyland
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Electricladyland »

I enjoyed it towards the end, but the movie failed to engage me early. I felt there was too much similarities in plot points between this one and the first Raimi Spider-Man. There was just a burning lack of vision that IF they just strayed away from the origin story, it would've been effective. I understand they are trying to reboot the franchise, but they just threw too many things within that first act.

But i guess the familiarity and un-originality is my biggest gripe. I very much enjoyed Andrew Garfield's Peter Parker, but something didn't fit right with him as Spiderman. Maybe because 70% the mask was off. But ironically, I've said the same about Tobey McGuire vice-versa. Wasn't a big fan of him as Peter Parker, but i loved him as Spiderman. If only him and Garfield had a love child.

Rhys Ifans was awesome. Possibly my favorite thing about the movie was him and The Lizard scenes.

Emma Stone. Ain't nothin wrong with that. I loved that her Gwen Stacey is completely the opposite of Mary Jane, which was refreshing.

It was a entertaining film, though dragged by a overdrawn love story and tainted first act.

Did anyone stay for the end credits scene? Thoughts and ideas on who that guy was?
Last edited by Electricladyland on Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

I don't want to know spoilers other than... did it indicate there would be a sequel?

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Why wouldn't there be a $equel?
Last edited by Andy92 on Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

Andy92 wrote:Why wouldn't there be a $equal?
i see what ya did there...

Electricladyland
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Electricladyland »

There will be a sequel. There has to be, or else Sony gives up the rights of the character to use in films to Disney/Marvel....which considering the dumb mistakes they are making, that wouldn't be a bad idea. If Disney/Marvel can get the rights to use Spiderman in films, you can bet on all the money in the world that Spiderman will show up in an Avengers film...because at that point, all the money in the world would be going to see that movie

JaredWard
Blood Machines

Post by JaredWard »

There's an extra scene after the credits btw.

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

Not planning to see this new Spiderman in the movies at all, looks like a CGI raped, over saturated piece of garbage.. They didnt need to do it and Andrew Garfield is shit lol

I'll watch Batman though, the last 2 were breath taking

ALTERSTEVE
Isolated

Post by ALTERSTEVE »

I saw it the other day. I thought it was awesome. As I expected, much better than the first and third films, but not as good as the second (which is a better movie overall, though "The Amazing Spider-Man" is a better Spider-Man movie, if that makes sense). I like the darker, edgier, and more dramatic/emotional tone of the new film. Strong performances too. Tobey Maguire is a great actor (check out his unbelievable performance in "Brothers" if you don't believe me), but Spider-Man is not the right role for him. We only caught some glimpses of Spider-Man's sarcasm in the first three films, but fortunately Garfield does a great job at bringing it in his portrayal of the superhero, and I loved the memorable bits of humor he brought to the table.

Again, fantastic movie. I look forward to seeing it again. See it in 3D if you can.

ALTERSTEVE
Isolated

Post by ALTERSTEVE »

Electricladyland wrote:Did anyone stay for the end credits scene? Thoughts and ideas on who that guy was?
My first thought was that it was Norman Osborne. The Green Goblin has to be in a sequel because he kills Gwen Stacy in the comics, so my guess is that that will play into the story in the future.

ALTERSTEVE
Isolated

Post by ALTERSTEVE »

JaredWard wrote:I think it's more common with super heroes because there are so many stories to tell & let's face it... they sell. I think DC is looking to make a Justice League movie too.
I kind of hope the Justice League movie is a stand-alone film. DC isn't like Marvel; there's not a lot of crossing over. Yes, there is the Justice League and I'm sure you do sometimes see Superman make a cameo appearance in a Batman comic or vice-versa, but there's not as much crossovers as in the Marvel Universe. With Marvel we have several stories where Captain America teams up with Wolverine, for example, and it goes on for a long time. And Spider-Man has been a member of the Avengers and the Fantastic Four. You don't see that in DC. That's why I love that Nolan's Batman trilogy contains no reference to any character outside of the Batman mythology, and I hope it will stay that way with the upcoming "Man of Steel" movie and any other future DC reboot. Similarly, I hope the Justice League movie skips out on the origin stories and stays by itself. In other words, I hope there's not a "DC Cinematic Universe." The Marvel Cinematic Universe is great and I'm glad they're doing it that way, but I don't think it would really work for DC Comics. Just imo though.

JaredWard
Blood Machines

Post by JaredWard »

^I think that's what they're planning... (standalone) but who knows. @Jim Have you ever seen the guy act? lol it's definitely worth a watch if you like Spider-Man. The CG was pretty good too.

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

I've heard they'll do a Justice League movie first, not all the character movies then the Justice League movie.

Still need to see this new Spiderman movie.
Photobucket cash grab.

ALTERSTEVE
Isolated

Post by ALTERSTEVE »

Jim wrote:Not planning to see this new Spiderman in the movies at all, looks like a CGI raped, over saturated piece of garbage.. They didnt need to do it and Andrew Garfield is shit lol

I'll watch Batman though, the last 2 were breath taking
Andrew Garfield is a fantastic actor imo. He has a few pretty dramatic scenes in "Spider-Man" that showcase his acting skills very well. But to each his own I guess.