Getting a smartphone in the fall...

Talk about anything and everything here.

Which do you prefer?

iPhone
72%
Android Device
28%

Total votes: 18

Jim
Blood Machines

Re: Getting a smartphone in the fall...

Post by Jim »

iPhone

agny
On The Rail

Post by agny »

If you don't need the latest phone and want to save some money, consider a model behind the latest when a new one comes out, or a refurbished phone. My refurbished iPhone 3GS has worked great. I think I got it for $20 and a new 2yr contract (I was out of my old contract and wanted to switch carriers anyway) but part of that was a discount through my employer. Any phone you get will be obsolete a few weeks after you buy it anyway.

If you're clumsy like me, get an OtterBox case.
Alterations: Dec 2010, May 2011, August 2011x2, Sept 2011, Oct 2014x2

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

Jaded Rescue wrote:I've heard good things about the S3. If I don't get an iPhone that'll be my first android choice, but I think the reason Verizon tries to steer its customers away from that line is that they are so heavy on promoting the "Droid" motorolas.
That's possible. Droid is a trademark that Verizon licenses from Lucasfilm, which I imagine isn't cheap.

I know iPhone is winning but I would still recommend an Android device. There are a ton more features, app availability is just as good, and you obviously have much more hardware choice.

Jaded Rescue
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jaded Rescue »

Yeah I'm just feeling very stuck. I like all of the options Android offers, but at the same time I've always been sold on the iPhone's ability to just make everything so quick and (relatively) painless. I think it's going to come down to what's up in September, what's going on with the iPhone 5, and trying out many different devices to see what I'll like the most.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

Are there any iPhone users who are not completely addicted to/obsessed with/enamored of their phone?

I'm all 3, and I'm still on an older 3Gs.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

I'm all those things about my Android :D
Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

Same here. And to be honest, it seems like a lot of iPhone users love their iPhones because they never had a smartphone before (or, at best, they had an old Blackberry, which is really not on the same level as today's smartphones), so they got an iPhone because people with iPhones love telling other people about their iPhones. Obviously an iPhone is better than an old dumbphone. And the iPhone is a great phone. I just feel like the vast majority of iPhone users have never bothered to try out other smartphones. Again, the iPhone is great, but Android and WP7 have some really compelling features that smoke the iPhone.