Video Game Bonanza!

Talk about anything and everything here.
Clyde
Bought The CDs

Re: Video Game Bonanza!

Post by Clyde »

BennyWhatever wrote:OMG is THAT why my saves keep going away??!?!?!?
Probably, yes. The cartridges available at release were buggy. Later productions of the game were fixed but unfortunately I had no Internet at that time to find out. When I did, it was a little too late.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

One game might have just convinced me to go Xbox One.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/4MfYuP6L44k[/youtube]

Oh my- I dont even- Holy- What the- Get the-

Fuck. That looks insane.

Clyde
Bought The CDs

Post by Clyde »

The E3 demo actually put me off the game. The gameplay looks repetitive. Attack then activate QTE on every enemy. Apparently even if you miss the QTE it doesn't matter - pointless.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

The graphics remind me of the very first scene of saving private ryan. I'm so pumped for that game

nagpo
Burn It Down

Post by nagpo »

From what I've heard the game is pretty shitty. And I think the scene was meant to remind you of Saving private Ryan, such a shameless unoriginal rip.

I've heard the game is really, really short and it's filled with QTE's out of the ass. Reviews should be coming in by friday.

Anyways, I'm currently playing Castlevania: Lament of Innocence. Gonna play lego batman next and I've got Castlevania Circle of the Moon on the way.

Kreuger33
Loyal Follower

Post by Kreuger33 »

I've been playing GTA V for the last couple of weeks and I love it.

Clyde
Bought The CDs

Post by Clyde »

I've been playing Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney on the DS and Beyond Good & Evil HD on XBLA.

BennyWhatever
Loyal Follower

Post by BennyWhatever »

Beyond Good & Evil is amazing.
:yeahthat

Clyde
Bought The CDs

Post by Clyde »

Yeah, it is one of those underrated games I have heard about for a while that I decided to buy it, considering that the sequel is likely to get announce soon.

Macca
Greg

Post by Macca »

nagpo wrote:From what I've heard the game is pretty shitty. And I think the scene was meant to remind you of Saving private Ryan, such a shameless unoriginal rip.

I've heard the game is really, really short and it's filled with QTE's out of the ass. Reviews should be coming in by friday.
Dunno what you've been reading, but I've seen nothing but positive things about it
AllC392Was wrote:How is Macca funny?

BennyWhatever
Loyal Follower

Post by BennyWhatever »

Anyone still playing Pokemon X/Y? I'm up to about 90 hours. Made a sweet Rain Dance team and a team based on the move Round (that ended up sucking a bit).
:yeahthat

nagpo
Burn It Down

Post by nagpo »

Clyde wrote:Yeah, it is one of those underrated games I have heard about for a while that I decided to buy it, considering that the sequel is likely to get announce soon.
BG&E is a great game. Definitely a classic. They actually announced a sequel years ago but it's been in development hell for a while. There are even some leaked screenshots from it somewhere on the internet. There is even a teaser trailer. The guy who is making the game has just been too busy with the Rayman series to finish it.
Macca wrote:
nagpo wrote:From what I've heard the game is pretty shitty. And I think the scene was meant to remind you of Saving private Ryan, such a shameless unoriginal rip.

Dunno what you've been reading, but I've seen nothing but positive things about it
If it was so great, why has there been a review embargo put in place on that game? It's so they don't want people to know it's shit before launch.
BennyWhatever wrote:Anyone still playing Pokemon X/Y? I'm up to about 90 hours. Made a sweet Rain Dance team and a team based on the move Round (that ended up sucking a bit).
Honestly, no. I got tired of it and stopped playing it after I got the final badge. Who's idea was it to make an RPG with almost no story?

Also, is anyone else excited form Super Mario 3D world and Tearaway? They're getting great scores everywhere. Definitely gonna get them for Christmas

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Most big games have review embargoes on these days don't they? I seem to remember GTA V having one anyway. Although that said, Ryse does just look like a tech demo to me.
For all of the hope that it brings...

Jhenrid
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jhenrid »

I've heard the same things that Nagpo has about Ryse. Just think of it this way, Crytek made it and their history are the Crysis games. Visually great but a bit lacking.

nagpo
Burn It Down

Post by nagpo »

Recent review for Ryse: 2/5.

http://revision3.com/host/adam-sessler

It's a shame because Ryse has such great graphics and I love that era in time.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

Everything you said. Graphics look amazing and I find the roman/spartan era extremely interesting

Clyde
Bought The CDs

Post by Clyde »

nagpo wrote:Recent review for Ryse: 2/5.

http://revision3.com/host/adam-sessler

It's a shame because Ryse has such great graphics and I love that era in time.
Pretty much all reviews for the game have been mixed/poor, not that I'm surprised.
nagpo wrote:If it was so great, why has there been a review embargo put in place on that game? It's so they don't want people to know it's shit before launch.
Almost all games have review embargoes so that no one rushes through the game to be the first to have a public review. When the actual embargo is up changes from game to game but it is usually within the week before sale.

I remember Activision sending no review copies for the Walking Dead: Survival Instinct which is what I would say is suspicious, since the game did get panned.
nagpo wrote:Also, is anyone else excited form Super Mario 3D world and Tearaway? They're getting great scores everywhere. Definitely gonna get them for Christmas
Definitely for Super Mario 3D World. I haven't seen much of Tearaway but the reviews it is getting are overwhelmingly positive. I own a Vita so I guess it's a must buy.
nagpo wrote:
Clyde wrote:Yeah, it is one of those underrated games I have heard about for a while that I decided to buy it, considering that the sequel is likely to get announce soon.
BG&E is a great game. Definitely a classic. They actually announced a sequel years ago but it's been in development hell for a while. There are even some leaked screenshots from it somewhere on the internet. There is even a teaser trailer. The guy who is making the game has just been too busy with the Rayman series to finish it.
Yeah, I've kind of followed the sequels development even without playing the first game and I'm pretty sure the game will get announced next year. Like you said, development was on hold to work on Rayman Legends so I think we will see something soon. Maybe VGA/VGX? May be a bit soon but still possible.
Last edited by Clyde on Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Macca
Greg

Post by Macca »

Oh yeah okay, I take back what I said, this game is being panned. I had managed to find a few reviews online the other day and they were pretty positive. But now the embargo has been lifted there are tons of negative reviews flooding in.
AllC392Was wrote:How is Macca funny?

nagpo
Burn It Down

Post by nagpo »

Clyde wrote:Yeah, I've kind of followed the sequels development even without playing the first game and I'm pretty sure the game will get announced next year. Like you said, development was on hold to work on Rayman Legends so I think we will see something soon. Maybe VGA/VGX? May be a bit soon but still possible.
I wish. At this point it's as likely as The Last Guardian ever being seen again.

Clyde
Bought The CDs

Post by Clyde »

The Last Guardian will be seen again!